Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2002, 11:04 PM   #17
Cairo
Coronation Incarnate

Hermit22 -
Listen for a moment to what you are saying...
"So it's racist to be proud of your heritage?"
Their heritage is also 50% Hispanic, White, Asian, or other...not too proud of that are they?
A racist is one who considers one race superior to all others. So are you a racist if you think 50% of you is superior to the other 50% of you?

I never implied that you consider one race superior to others, I implied that society today plays the race card instead of striving to be the best qualified. I could rant about the true reality of today...which is that I have a very "Hispanic sounding" name through marriage, however, I am as redheaded and freckled as they come. Seeing my name on an application, employers think-(Cha-ching) TWO quotas for the price of 1 position! I'm not qualified, but their extra position leaves them free to hire a quota-less qualified person. Imagine their HORROR when my lilly white ass waltzes in the door!!!! I could whine and play the race card, but I'd rather end discrimination based on race.

I don't sound bigotted, you're the one saying that employment based solely on race is equal?!?!

I showed proof of his ill-worded intent, you said you would believe it then because, after all, Trent Lott knows what he meant and nobody else could... but you lied...just more of the same from you!

The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the World that he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze
Cairo is offline   Reply With Quote