The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 05-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #1
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

hey you! Star Wars Geek!

sorry, I though I remembered a thread about Star Wars and I was going to slide this in there. however! no such luck (could be the severe lack of coffee today). anywhoo! one of my favorite characters from the series has always been Darth Vader (sure I havea soft spot for Luke, but Vader is such a more complicated character) anyway! all that being said, A friend of mine sent this link to me the other day. and...well.... take a look.

http://darthside.blogspot.com/
Old 05-18-2005, 11:40 AM   #2
glatt

Hey man, there are spoilers in there! How about a little warning?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
cowhead

I haven't seen the new one! (had a chance to go to a free screening last night but couldn't) sorry! I thought it was more Darth thinking about his past.. rather than a spoiler.. I mean most of the text is out of Return of the Jedi... sorry, *hanging head in shame*
Old 05-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #4
glatt

It was well written, and most of it is from the other movies. But some of it is new. Good link though. Chin up.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:20 PM   #5
kerosene
Touring the facilities

cow, I had never considered myself a star wars geek until I got sucked into the alternate universe that is Star Wars Galaxies. Then, I wanted to know everything about Star Wars and got really into it for a while. Now, I am just amused with it and enjoy the movies from time to time. I like helping my 3 year old collect action figures from the movies and enjoy conversations about "politics and interpersonal relationships" based in star wars. I wouldn't consider myself one of those people that knows how lightsabers are made or whether or not Darth Maul was raised on the planet of Corellia.

I can't wait to see the latest movie. I will wait, though, at least long enough for there not to be a 4 hour wait in line situation.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:34 AM   #6
mrnoodle
bent

Saw Sith over the weekend. My faith in George Lucas is restored. Darth Vader did some really really bad things.

Yeah the dialogue was weak. But the lightsaber stuff was great. And I want to grow up to be Yoda.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:39 AM   #7
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I dunno, I thought the aftermath of Yoda's big duel was weak. He says he's gotta do that stuff... but WHY does he have to do it? There are still plot holes big enough to fly a Star Destroyer through, but those of us of a certain age at least remember how magical the original was and so we overlook all that.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:51 AM   #8
cowhead

long time ago.. galaxy far far away.. that's all you need to know.. crap as far as plot holes go! what happened to the metachlorides or whatever the hell that shit was from episode 1.. still haven't seen the new one.. long damn story, I have been meaning to post it... the moral of the story is 'don't try to help anyone you don't know' well shit here it is.. I know wrong place but I think I can threadjack my own thread )

alright, so there I am walking back home from my brothers house after dropping off a couple of packs of cigarettes from the camel guy (my brother is unemployed at the moment, and I thought he could use them) SO! there I am walking home to get some sleep before work in the morning.. well I'm walking past the stadium and see this girl walking towards me.. just sobbing.tears running her crappy ass mascara down her face heaving great deep painfull sobs.. so what do I do? stop her and ask her if there's anything I can do to help.. (yeah I ought to know better) at the same time a KU cop pulls up.. and asks her what's going on. she says 'nothing this guy just asked me if he could help' so the cop asks me what's up I say the same thinfg.. and here's my stupid ass mistake.. I told him my name and let him have my ID.. (well for those dear listeners who haven't had enough spare time to keep up with my nare'-do-well life) it seems I have a couple of warrants out for me.. I knew of one of them ) SO! off in handcuffs I go to the county jail (really if you are nice to them they will be more or less nice to you) 400$ and 4 hours later I'm here typing.. but goddamn I was soooo close to catching up on my bills.. soo close.. so dear reader the moral of the story a.) let the fucking damsel in distress get eaten by the fucking dragon (unless she's a friend) and b.) pay your old tickets

I want to be a good jedi!
Old 05-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #9
cowhead

and case.. I still have some of the old starwars trading cards.. saw the original 27 times in the theater...( I was young) empire (still my favorite) 22 times and that sorry ass jub-jub bullshit.. oh wait I mean revenge..urr.. return of the Jedi 8 times (I'm sorry but the whole ewok thing just annoyed the hell out of me.. I mean sure they are cute and all.. and that damn ewok christmas...anyway! I need some sleep)
Old 05-23-2005, 09:59 AM   #10
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Was there an Ewok Christmas, too? Or are you thinking of the Wookie Christmas?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #11
mrnoodle
bent

Yeah, I glossed over the weaknesses because I really wanted to recapture that "Star Wars feeling" one last time before it was all over. It worked, at least for me. Obiwan's ruthlessness when he had a job to do was kinda gripping. Yoda's duel with Sidious was a bit anticlimatic after the huge amount of ass that he had kicked up to that point (the way he can dispatch two people at once without breaking a sweat is great). The almost-last scene on the star destroyer looking out the window was great.

I can't remember the guy's name now, which is horrible. But the actor who played Sidious was great. He was just disgustingly slimy. Good show. The rest of the performances were kinda flat. It was a waste of talent dialogue-wise. Imagine how much it cost to book Samuel L. Jackson...to give him a bunch of boring Jedi talk was a shame.

But the lightsabers!! And the explosions! and the Wookies! and the lack of Muppets!

hey cowhead, that sucks, btw. But you should keep helpin the damsels, just pay your tickets on time.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:22 AM   #12
cowhead

yeah... I kinda got that Idea now.. the f*cked up thing is that I actually had money in my 'budget' to cover one of them this week... now? not so much.. although I am planning on seeing the movie this wednesday, sure I'll have to smoke less... but I suppose that's a good thing anyway... have you ever read 'splinter in minds eye'? it's episode 8 for all intents and purposes.. I read it as a kid and have been looking for another copy.. it's the story of Luke and Leigha (sp?) and their grappling with the force, Luke does a little darkside action.. I dunno if you can find a copy, get it.. it's a fun read.. atleast from what I recall anyway (and heh.. the dialouge is pretty good)
Old 05-23-2005, 10:25 AM   #13
cowhead

no.. the travesty that was the 'ewok christmas adventure' will haunt me 'til the end of my days.. now a Wookie christmas! now that would be something! okay.. I need some sleep... sorry about the blathering... long damn night/past couple of days
Old 05-23-2005, 10:42 AM   #14
mrnoodle
bent

Splinter of the Mind's Eye! I got that when I was a kid too. I sold it back to the used bookstore. It played up the Luke/Leia sexual tension and when I found out they were related I didn't care for the book any more.

Also had a couple spinoff books about Han Solo, but don't remember what they were.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:06 AM   #15
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

This might be kind of a spoiler:

Midichlorians come up again in this Episode in reference to a certain dark side ability.

I forget whether that's in the Book or the Movie....
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote