The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Technology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Technology Computing, programming, science, electronics, telecommunications, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #11
chrisinhouston
Professor

Well, I got my new phone and am really happy with it. I ended up getting the new LG-G3 which is a bigger model phone, not quite the size of the iPhone 6+ but close. I got it from Amazon for 1 cent and renewing my 2 year contract; couldn't beat that deal!

It arrived Tuesday evening so I just charged the battery and sort of checked it out but waited until I had time on Wednesday to activate it and start migrating my settings and files over to it from the old phone. It all went pretty easy, the hardest thing was adding all my email accounts because I have several and they are all IMAP ones and I had to enter all the incoming and outgoing server settings, a real pain in the ass. The other thing is after I added the apps I like I had to go into several where I am registered and enter the user name or email and the password, sites like Pandora, TuneMeInRadio, Pinterest, etc. And I use LastPass to generate passwords so most are long and rather complex with lots of punctuation and a mix of upper and lower case letters and numbers.

Then I messed with ringtones and notification sounds. Some I really got used to from the Samsung phone and found I could just download them. I also added a bunch of ones I've collected like the one for when my wife calls me. It's the scene from the Alien movie where the Nostromo space ship is about to self destruct and the nice woman's voice keeps saying over all the sirens and bells "Danger, the emergency destruct sequence has now been activated. The ship will self-destruct in t-minus, ten minutes. The option to override automatic detonation will expire in t-minus, FIVE MINUTES. "
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote