The urban Jane Goodall

Letter to President Bush from Dr. Bob Jones III

http://www.bju.edu/letter

President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear Mr. President:

The media tells us that you have received the largest number of popular votes of any president in America's history. Congratulations!

In your re-election, God has graciously granted America—though she doesn't deserve it—a reprieve from the agenda of paganism. You have been given a mandate. We the people expect your voice to be like the clear and certain sound of a trumpet. Because you seek the Lord daily, we who know the Lord will follow that kind of voice eagerly.

Don't equivocate. Put your agenda on the front burner and let it boil. You owe the liberals nothing. They despise you because they despise your Christ. Honor the Lord, and He will honor you.

Had your opponent won, I would have still given thanks, because the Bible says I must (I Thessalonians 5:18). It would have been hard, but because the Lord lifts up whom He will and pulls down whom He will, I would have done it. It is easy to rejoice today, because Christ has allowed you to be His servant in this nation for another presidential term. Undoubtedly, you will have opportunity to appoint many conservative judges and exercise forceful leadership with the Congress in passing legislation that is defined by biblical norm regarding the family, sexuality, sanctity of life, religious freedom, freedom of speech, and limited government. You have four years—a brief time only—to leave an imprint for righteousness upon this nation that brings with it the blessings of Almighty God.

Christ said, “If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my father honour” (John 12:26).

The student body, faculty, and staff at Bob Jones University commit ourselves to pray for you—that you would do right and honor the Savior. Pull out all the stops and make a difference. If you have weaklings around you who do not share your biblical values, shed yourself of them. Conservative Americans would love to see one president who doesn't care whether he is liked, but cares infinitely that he does right.

Best wishes.

Sincerely your friend,

Bob Jones III
President

BJIII:lw

PS: A few moments ago I read this letter to the students in Chapel. They applauded loudly their approval.

When I told them that Tom Daschle was no longer the minority leader of the Senate, they cheered again.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:05 PM   #2
garnet

Wow, he's even slamming all you "pagans." What a dip-shit.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
marichiko

Is that thing for reals? Tell me it's a joke, please!
Old 11-11-2004, 02:18 PM   #4
wolf
lobber of scimitars

He's the head of an evangelical christian university. That's how it works. The notion of paganism in evangelical circles actually doesn't mean what most people will interpret it as. Rather than the growing movement of polytheistic believers, it usually refers to doctrinal changes within the Christian Churches themselves.

And enclosing pagan in quotes, as though it's some theoretical construct, is unnecessary.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:20 PM   #5
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Yes it's real. Independently google the school, and it's linked right off the homepage.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 11-11-2004, 02:57 PM   #6
jaguar
whig

Bob Jones uni, can you imagine applying for a job with that? It'd be like listing clown school as your masters.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:59 PM   #7
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

There's nothing wrong with Bob Jones or his university that a few thousand tons of concrete couldn't fix, liberally applied.
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:07 PM   #8
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Rather than the growing movement of polytheistic believers, it usually refers to doctrinal changes within the Christian Churches themselves.
And it absolutely includes Catholics like Kerry.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:08 PM   #9
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar
Bob Jones uni, can you imagine applying for a job with that? It'd be like listing clown school as your masters.
It's perfectly acceptible if the company you send your resume to is run by the same clowns.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #10
flippant
*shameless....so stop trying so hard....*-me

Being a Mime is a perfectly acceptable profession. I admire everything about what they don't do.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:58 PM   #11
marichiko

So, I went and checked out the Bob Jones University site and this is what I found:

"Romanism is a pagan counterfeit of the Christian religion, ancient paganism and idolatry, claiming to be the church which Christ founded. The Roman Church is not another Christian denomination. It is a satanic counterfeit, an ecclesiastic tyranny over the souls of men, not to bring them to salvation but to hold them bound in sin and to hurl them into eternal damnation. It is the old harlot of the book of the Revelation—"the Mother of Harlots
A Catholic may be saved in spite of his church. He will never be saved because of it. Because they ignore the Word of God, both papists and charismatics are doing the work of the devil.

The Book of Joel teaches about the Day of the Lord. The world is headed for destruction. God is patient and has withheld His hand of judgment while men have turned their back on Him, but the day is coming when He will say, "It is enough." His anger will come in flaming fire on those who obey Him not."
http://www.bju.edu/resources/faith/1.../movement.html

I guess everyone at least up to the time of Martin Luther went to hell - and that's the Christians. It's a given that members of all other faiths are being consumed by the flames even as I write this. You may think that Bob Jones adherants are some whacked out minority. While they are a minority, it's a bigger minority than most people realize. I encounter adherants to this belief system in the fundamentalist epi-center near my own town all the time. This thinking is why a good Christian could warn me to leave the place I live because "God is going to get all those Pagans up there" sooner than I think.
I am so glad that people with the Bob Jones mindset are pleased over Junior's re-election. I think I'll go hide now.

Look at what religous hatred is doing in peaceful, tolerant Holland, BTW. http://www.slate.com/id/2109523/

Last edited by marichiko; 11-11-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:16 PM   #12
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

LOL @ BJ U
Old 11-11-2004, 07:08 PM   #13
wolf
lobber of scimitars

See, I told you they didn't mean real pagans.

And in a strict interpretation of the bible sense, they are right on target about the pagan elements of the Roman Catholic church.

I do wonder if Chick Tracts are counted as text books.

Old 11-11-2004, 07:18 PM   #14
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
See, I told you they didn't mean real pagans.

And in a strict interpretation of the bible sense, they are right on target about the pagan elements of the Roman Catholic church.

I do wonder if Chick Tracts are counted as text books.
Yeah, I'd like to see their stance on Wicca, for example. I'm sure they are equally filled with love for Buddhists and Hindu's as well.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:46 PM   #15
jaguar
whig

It must be a bumper week for religious nuts:
Archbishop Pell (aussie) calls for democracy to change to counter the threat of Islam