The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Archives > Photoshop Phrenzy!

Photoshop Phrenzy! Images out of your own head

Old 10-14-2004, 11:43 PM   #1
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
unclassified images

Desertification.
and a color "enhanced" ultra sound. this shows how loud an ultra sound is to a fetus.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2004, 06:57 AM   #2
404Error
Lecturer

Great sunset picture, foot! I like the colors, what camera were you using?
Old 10-16-2004, 09:36 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Cool, did you ever pinch your fingers in the clapper board?
Old 10-16-2004, 05:09 PM   #4
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Both photos were made with a wista dx 4x5 view camera and the sunset was with a 210 lens the desert was with a 135. Note the shadows from the cactus, vs. the sunset.

Bruce,
Nah, I was too busy burning them on the lights, I was actually a gaffer. They just let me play with the clappers if I behaved during the takes
Old 11-12-2004, 04:51 PM   #5
dasviper
Belt Conveyor

It seems funny to me that you would go to the considerable trouble of using a large format view camera and then stitch together two photos that don't really match. What else have you got from the Wista that's straight?

Rob
Old 11-16-2004, 05:46 PM   #6
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasviper
It seems funny to me that you would go to the considerable trouble of using a large format view camera and then stitch together two photos that don't really match. What else have you got from the Wista that's straight?

Rob
Rob,
Not considerable trouble at all, about 15 minutes. It was done as a joke for a friend who is also a photographer. I kept the jpeg and figured I'd post it. It probably took longer to upload than to stitch.

These were from about fifteen years ago. Since then I've run at least 10,000 sheets of film through the camera. BTW, the camera is built like a tank. It still looks brand new.

Not all of the 10,000 sheets are personal work. more than half are probably work work.

What would you like to see? how about:
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2004, 05:58 PM   #7
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Nice, foot3. it's (desert pic)my new desktop. thanks
Old 11-18-2004, 12:22 PM   #8
jaguar
whig

Stream long exposures, nice job. What kind of pro work do you do with the large format ? Just landscapes et al or studio stuff as well, I've seen some incredible LARGE format protrait shots. Detail is incredible.

I like working with medium format, I've never really had the patience for large format.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:49 PM   #9
dasviper
Belt Conveyor

Cool! Well, 15 minutes is more considerable than a lot of people would put into a landscape. I'd like to try large format some time, but haven't gotten my hands on a camera yet. (The closest I own is a YashicaMat 124G TLR). I'm headed into photojournalism, so I've been really pleased to see the work that David Burnett has been doing with a Speed Graphic and other "obsolete" tools. It breaks my heart that I'll soon spend $5000 on a digital camera that will be as good as a paperweight in 50 years, while a wood-and-brass beauty like yours is still going strong.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
Rob,
Not considerable trouble at all, about 15 minutes. It was done as a joke for a friend who is also a photographer. I kept the jpeg and figured I'd post it. It probably took longer to upload than to stitch.

These were from about fifteen years ago. Since then I've run at least 10,000 sheets of film through the camera. BTW, the camera is built like a tank. It still looks brand new.

Not all of the 10,000 sheets are personal work. more than half are probably work work.

What would you like to see? how about:
Old 11-19-2004, 01:10 PM   #10
jaguar
whig

dasviper - where are you studying and more importantly, Nikon D2X or Canon 1DMkII?
Old 11-20-2004, 03:18 PM   #11
dasviper
Belt Conveyor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar
dasviper - where are you studying and more importantly, Nikon D2X or Canon 1DMkII?
UT Austin, and eventually, MkII (although by the time I get around to it, maybe MkIII?). For now, I use the paper's Nikon gear when I shoot for The Daily Texan, and my Canon EOS-5 for classwork. I'd like to wait as long as possible before spending half my net worth on a camera with the lifespan of a goldfish. Maybe a Canon 20D will be in the cards within a year.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:56 PM   #12
jaguar
whig

MkII is damn nice but a 20D will probably do the job in most situations, if you were heading to Iraq however...More useful two have two 20Ds than a single MkII in a lot of situations as well. Pro DSLRs have to be the biggest cash cow for camera makers in decades, hell digital backs for MF stuff easily head into 30k+.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:37 PM   #13
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasviper
Cool! Well, 15 minutes is more considerable than a lot of people would put into a landscape. I'd like to try large format some time, but haven't gotten my hands on a camera yet. (The closest I own is a YashicaMat 124G TLR). I'm headed into photojournalism, so I've been really pleased to see the work that David Burnett has been doing with a Speed Graphic and other "obsolete" tools. It breaks my heart that I'll soon spend $5000 on a digital camera that will be as good as a paperweight in 50 years, while a wood-and-brass beauty like yours is still going strong.

Rob
Das,
MAT124G is an awesome camera. I once worked at a camera shop and did a side by side comparison with a hasselblad and the images were indistinguishable from one another. I bought the Yashica Mat.

Digital paperweight in 50 years? Nahh, try 50 weeks!

I just bought my first digital camera: a C.Pix for the princely sum of $19.95. It wouldn't weigh down a sheet of rice paper! Twenty bucks is all I'm ready to part with at this point. It does have a cmos sensor...

I've been crazy busy, but will post some $20. digi images soon and I promised to p'shop a mullet on some other pic.

Gotta go now.