The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 04-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #61
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Mari, I am referring to the ivillage Guy Talk board. That is the only other place I have seen you online.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:03 PM   #62
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonated_Brains
... Lying and snark are fine reasons not to like somebody, but shitty reasons to censor them permanently. Any such acts without REAL justification (and come on, what she said wasn't threatening) just reek of an abuse of power. ...
You're right. But as a mod, you get to a point where the pig fighting is just so high that you have to ban someone. Like a team, fire the coach or trade the star. Whatever you can do.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #63
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

As visitors to this board, we entrust UT to moderate the board as best as he can. I don't always agree with his decisions, but in general, I think he's very fair and tolerant. And I have no need or desire to kiss his ass.

This is only the second "questionable" ban I've seen in 5 years here...that's a pretty good track record.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:34 PM   #64
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

JUST BECAUSE IT'S FREE DOESN'T MEAN IT'S PUBLIC PROPERTY.

this is privately owned board. there is one owner. think of it as a party. if you are at a party, and the host throws an obnoxious guest out of the house, do you leave the party? i don't

rock on tony.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:39 PM   #65
Buddha
Enlightened

Thank you Limey. That leaves Ducksnuts as the traitor. I am simply stunned that she could post about what happened on that support board. What a betrayal on HER part. If I find out who she is I will report her to the mods of the other board.

I admit that I was out of line to post in big red letters as I did and I apologize for that.

LJ has tried to run me off this board countless times, and I don't see why he can't be honest about that. He has posted that in so many words in other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumberJim
see, i'd threaten to chase you away again, but I don't think I have the free time that needs to be applied to that endeavor. And it didn't take the last time we did it, so....

instead it think I'll just put it before the collective to keep in mind that you are apparently compulsive in your lying, and hope that they won't fall for them. yet, someone needs to clue the newbies in from time to time. Would someone with a little free time link some previous lies for the newbies to enjoy? that way we can just link this thread if the topic comes up again......or should i stay up late tonight and start a 'Marichiko Lies" thread?
I also don't see why UT can't be honest about having banned me once before, nor do I understand why he should insinuate that I flamed the board with threats or nasty pictures. I have a sharp tongue at times, but I don't threaten people with harm or anything like that.

LJ contributes heavily to the Cellar and money obviously talks.

I have no idea why people accuse me of being inconsistent. I have always stated the truth about my circumstances and never been anyone on this board other than Buddha and Mari-not-welcome (as Clodfobble reminded me) for a total of one post. The user name Mari-not-welcome hardly left much doubt who I was.

I didn't start the thread "Marichiko Smokes." LJ accused me of being a liar in the "Why Can't I stop eating thread?" thread. He accused me of being a plagarist in the "Similes" thread when in fact I gave the link to the site and commented that I wished I could take credit for the writing I had edited down and reposted from there.

I didn't start any of this stuff. It was UT and LJ and his faithful wife Jinx and a few others who started posting nasty things at me. Anyone would get fed up if they are constantly accused of being a liar.

I don't have the faintest idea of what Rock Steady is talking about when he refers to a "Mari character" who was a CEO or something on some other board. I was supportive of Gwen/Rocky Steady. His posts on this board have now made me re-think my attitude toward cross-gendered folks. I guess people who can be doubles on one level don't have a problem being doubles on other levels.

I'm not a double or a liar. My name is Monica Wilson. My phone number is 719-685-9385. I live in the town of Manitou Springs, Colorado. I will soon be moving to Mancos, Colorado in a few days. If anyone has any questions, feel free to call me.

Last edited by Buddha; 04-29-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:04 PM   #66
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
I'm lazy and stupid...could someone please direct me to the salient sequence of postings that resulted in this ban?

I never had any more problem with Mari than I ever had with Dave, TW, Radar, LJ (at times), etc, but that's me. I tend to be a fairly easy to get along with person as long as you aren't part of a faceless government entity.
Same here. I don't find her any more opinionated than some others on this board. I did see some mutual flaming between her and a few long-time members, but nothing too far beyond the norm.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:07 PM   #67
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
.. I don't have the faintest idea of what Rock Steady is talking about when he refers to a "Mari character" who was a CEO or something on some other board. ....
I was just saying the same thing happened to another friend of mine. A bash thread was started, half a dozen people fought with her, and she got banned. The UT character was JR, the LJ character was NW, and the Mari character was WW. Same play, different actors. This is one of the thing that happens at forums.

UT, you really suck at banning people. We would do a more thorough job than this. At the other place we had multiple mods across several timezones. This is not a good time for you to be asleep at the wheel.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:07 PM   #68
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrere
I just read marichiko's suicide post.

BAN

Her post as "Buddha" above does not dissuade me at all.
Ah, now I see. This is what I get for not checking in regularly.

Mari, that was over the top.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:26 PM   #69
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

jeez, you guys make AG look like 'happy families'.....
Old 04-29-2006, 06:27 PM   #70
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

.... and I agree with Rocks Teddy..... if you're gonna ban someone, do it properly......
Old 04-29-2006, 06:33 PM   #71
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
fuck you bruce.
You're welcome to try, speaker salesman. Think you can get Tony to set it up for you again?
Old 04-29-2006, 06:41 PM   #72
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
You're welcome to try, speaker salesman. Think you can get Tony to set it up for you again?
sorry, bruce. you know i love you.

but....get tony to set what up for me again?

speaker salesman?

you mean from when i was 18 and had a shitty job for 2 weeks?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #73
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

After a great deal of soul searching I am unbanning Marichiko. Have at it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #74
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

...... but am banning Buddha....

(swings and roundabouts - keeps the universe in balance)
Old 04-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #75
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

If you think Mari was responsible for posting those pictures of me (now I know what google cache could not show me ... I wish you had told me of that when the spamming first happened) it is most certainly not her.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote