The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 04-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #46
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
.... AND the very simple, heavily documented fact that she claims the Axe Murderer Ex-Boyfriend of hers stole 23,000$--now, come on! Am I supposed to believe that a formerly homeless woman with a crippling disability just happened to save 23,000$ ...
As she told it, she did once have a reasonable job, a comfortable home*, and could therefore have had the savings. The homelessness and disability came later ...
I'm with Elspode and RockSteady on this - sometimes she was asking for trouble, some of her posts were insightful, some were full of shit. A while ago I was vaguely acquainted with her on another board - FWIW the story told here was consistent with and consecutive to the one told there. However, UT, it is your sandpit ...

* Perhaps I got these bits from the other board ...?
Old 04-29-2006, 12:57 PM   #47
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

no, there was a homeless period in between.

i've said it before. there are no wheelchairs online. i dont have a problem with her getting assistance. i had a problem with her lies and grandeose (sp?) airs that she put on. the superiority based in her inferiority.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #48
Buddha
Enlightened

I never ever posted threatening or wierd pics. That is an absolutely outrageous accusation! I certainly won't come back here after that. I was mad that Clodfobble claimed I wasn't banned the first time around and, at the time UT, seemed to want to pretend that he hadn't banned me. That's all I meant. I know nothing about UT to get him in trouble over.

I came back on this board and I didn't post about wierd stuff, but people couldn't resist throwing shit in my face. One reason I'm on disability is that I have severe PTSD and its very easy for me to get triggered, so I make an easy mark that way.

The $23,000 was from my disability back pay. I was able to buy a used car with it, and my ex made off with a considerable portion of the rest.

The only other boards I post on frequently are my support groups. I am troubled if Limey and/or Ducksnuts are or were members of those boards and would post here about what was posted on a private recovery board. How would you feel if I did that to you? That is just wrong!

The only thing I posted about the AG people was that maybe it was time to get out the fly swatter. Fargon wanted to "eat them," and Beestie pretended to take up a collection to get rid of them. Patrick said their board died of a meth overdose. My comment was hardly that terrible and others here shared that sentiment at the beginning.

UT was the one who went after me with his "Marichiko smokes cigarettes" thread. That was simply mean spirited, and it seemed to me that since he owns the board and obviously dislikes me so much, he should have just banned me which he has done.

I can see that certain people here refuse to beleive me and you wouldn't beleive me if I posted my medical records or the Federal Judge's ruling. Why should I open up my life to further attack just for an Internet group?

The newspaper article was written by an award winning journalist who checked my story thoroughly before printing it. She called my doctors and the people involved in the story and spoke with them personally.

UT's accusation is the worst slander I have ever heard. It is my understanding that those nasty posts were traced to an ISP in France or something, at least according to the person they were directed at who was a friend on this board. I'm a techno tard. I don't know how to make my isp look like it comes from anywhere else than where I am.

Its beyond me why LJ and UT hate me so much. UT could easily have dispelled the Flippant/Atropos thing by tracing the ISP's there, as well. I have a whole slew of PM's from and to Flippant. Why would I send PM's to myself? Why would I lie about my story?

I had a good job and then I became ill and ran through my savings and had to go on disability. What's so amazing about that? I find it ironic that my refusal to lie or be anything other than myself has convinced people I'm a liar.

UT and LJ and others poked at me and poked at me until I finally lost it. Now UT has done the final nasty slur by implying that I sent threatening messages anonymously to the board. If anyone here is the liar. Its UT.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #49
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

I have to congratulate the members of The Cellar on the generally small amount of pig fighting here. I'm a mod on another forum where pig fighting of the LJ/Mari variety was a daily activity for years. Now, the forum has almosted disappeared thru lack of posts. It's hard for a mod to decide what is best for the group. If you let pig fighting go on too long, the nicer people will disappear from the forum.

At least UT had the stomach to do it himself. At this other place the owner made one of the fighters a mod and went out of town for a few days, let someone else do his dirty work. The new mod was so unstable that a month later he banned himself.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #50
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

The new mod was so unstable that a month later he banned himself.

That is TOOOO FUNNY !!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #51
Torrere
a real smartass

I just read marichiko's suicide post.

BAN

Her post as "Buddha" above does not dissuade me at all.

Last edited by Torrere; 04-29-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Torrere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:47 PM   #52
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Steady
The new mod was so unstable that a month later he banned himself.
I assume you're referring to the other board we have in common? Yeah...that was nuts.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:54 PM   #53
Buddha
Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrere
I just read marichiko's suicide post.

BAN

Her post as "Buddha" above does not dissuade me at all.
There, you see? It pointless. You can't fight the herd mentality.

Bye now.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #54
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
I assume you're referring to the other board we have in common? Yeah...that was nuts.
Yes.

In that case, the Mari character was a successful high-income CFO. She and the owner were co-dependent fighters. The ambush and ban played out similarly.

Now that there are about 5 posts/day, there's no more fighting.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #55
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Congratulations on your long, hard fought victory, LJ.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #56
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

fuck you bruce.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:39 PM   #57
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim

I've accepted the fact that maristinkigchiko is a member of this community. It's her right, in my opinion. I have zero respect for her, and her opinions mean shit to me because i believe she fabricates her entire persona. Who knows, if she was honest about who she really was, i might even like her.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #58
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather
<Stormieweather munches popcorn and follows all the links, getting to know the Cellarites>

One question, what's AG? Another site? Forum?
**thank you** sheesh. leave for forty days and I become a noob again. unless this is my second childhood...
Old 04-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #59
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

This all looks wrong to me. How often do we complain about how others act and yet are no better ourselves? Maybe Mari was digging up past events, but there were plenty of others doing the same. And before someone shouts 'well 'x' started it' - in such arguments that cause people to recall history, it's almost impossible to define the start.

If there was a threat from Mari to UT then in my view it was vapour and a thing of the moment. I can't see a crime, especially when the argument has reached such proportions of emotion that the words are not said for what they mean but from a frustration that forces the writer to say them - that's been happening from a number of sides in the offending thread.

Seems to me that banning is not the solution. From the way this reads to me I would find it impossible to point the finger in any one specific direction. Certainly I could not point it in Mari's based on events in the offending thread. What IS the solution? Everyone accepting (reluctantly and with some difficulty I suspect at such an emotional stage) to stop the thread and take 24 hours out to calm down would be a good move. Back this up by the threat of a ban if any party then afterwards continued to dredge on what should now be considered closed would then IMO be appropriate.

Sorry UT, but I have to say that this looks to be the wrong move IMO - it smacks of a gut reaction - the depth of emotion and long-held hard feelings evoked in the offending thread aren't solved by the remedy and deserve a better result.

(I've editted ' this thread' to 'the offending thread' - apologies for the intital error)

Last edited by Cyclefrance; 04-29-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Cyclefrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 04:39 PM   #60
Carbonated_Brains
Does it show up here when I type?

Blah blah blah, beyond all the discussion and spite, he's gonna ban whoever he wants and this will remain a "watch what you say" messageboard like untold thousands of others.

Lying and snark are fine reasons not to like somebody, but shitty reasons to censor them permanently. Any such acts without REAL justification (and come on, what she said wasn't threatening) just reek of an abuse of power.

The same goes for me. If I don't like it, I can leave. After this I most likely will.

There are a lot of shitheels on the internet, big surprise. But if you can't deal with them like an adult, then you're a bully with a big stick, and that doesn't fly with me.
Carbonated_Brains is offline   Reply With Quote