Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-07-2003, 08:48 PM   #46
Billy
Professor

China population policy

Quote:
Originally posted by warch
Has this caused any controversy? Are people very disappointed to have a girl?
After the one child in one home policy is executed many years, almost Chinese receive this idea. We all support government. The resource is only so much in the world. The offsprings would have no resource to use if we use up. So we should control population qantity. Now in large cities, like Shaihai, Beijing, young people don't hope to have children because the bring chlidren up is a vast task for them.

In country many people still love boys because they believe can support house and inherit family root. They have chances to have second child if the first child is girl. My brother have two children. One is elder girl, the other is boy.

Quote:
Originally posted by warch
What do you think of these international adoptions?
International adoptions is great. The world is big family now. We should help others as we can. We should other countries children as ours, and don't discriminate the color people. We shoud not judge people by the skin color, age,nationality.. The family would learn Chinese culture if they have one China adpotes child. By this way we can communicate world culture. In fact there are many poor children cna not have a good home. The China welfare can not provided enough support to resolve all problems.

I don't want to marry now, but I like children. I want to adopt children if I can. I hope to give them a warm home. Every child is a angell so we can not let them break wings. When I was young, I was long for one family to adopt me to feel difference love. Now I still have the little mind.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 09:33 PM   #47
Billy
Professor

Hard doing

Nowadays it is debated in China if we need preserve and how we preserve it. The Japan was regardes as a good example in China. The Japan preserve old culture and keep high speed economy development(not it is not so fast). In fact Japan preserve perfect old culture than that of China. In "Culture Revolution" we destroyed too many civilization. It is a vast loss for Chinese.

Now many history vista open to the public so that the world people can know it by tourism. Whatever it goes on, we take a step to preserve it.

Nowadays we hope to do things in one standard so that amny rare civilization would pass away. Many minority civilization just goes away. The young generation, including me, don't like the old things, but to new things.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #48
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Billy,

Did you know that in every large North American city there is a "China town" section, full of Chinese immigrants?

I went on a tour of Philadelphia's Chinatown. It's about 12 city blocks in size. It's one of the finest parts of the city. The residents really care about their area and keep it nice. There are two authentic Chinese markets selling foods I didn't recognize; a pharmacy, selling herbs and Chinese cures; about 20 restaurants, and a branch of a Hong Kong bank. Video store, book store. You could live there without knowing one word of English.

Did you know that almost everywhere in North America there are Chinese restaurants? I don't know if you'd recognize the food they serve. I think a lot of the dishes were created by early Chinese immigrants to America.

Do you like the Hong Kong action films? Jackie Chan?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 10:12 PM   #49
Billy
Professor

Movie star

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Did you know that in every large North American city there is a "China town" section, full of Chinese immigrants?
I know the Chinese spread all over the world now. In North America they have a good life there. Some friends emigrate there. They suggest me to go there. But I don't give up my China nationality, my family and culture. I have fure sisters and one brother. They all married and have Children. They live a poor and comfortable life with my mother and father in countryside. They hope me marry ASAP because my parents are older. Parents want to see me have a home soon.

Quote:
Did you know that almost everywhere in North America there are Chinese restaurants?
I know that. I like China food. It looks beautiful, taste well, eat precious. I like Chuan food and Xiang Food. There are eight famous vast styles food. I can not say it in details now.

Quote:
Do you like the Hong Kong action films? Jackie Chan?
I like action movies. To be frank, I don't so like Jackie Chan. My favourite star is Jet Li (www.JetLi.com). His action looks like artistic and beautiful so that you feel you see one perfect show. He Kuangfu champion in China. Now the action movies are not so cool because there are little good actors and stories.

I commend yo to see Hero. It is not best one for Chinese because we have watched many good action movies. This movie content can not attract us. But the pictures are vey beautiful. Director Zhang YiMou is good at photoes.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:55 PM   #50
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
When I was young, I was long for one family to adopt me to feel difference love. Now I still have the little mind.
Why is this, Billy? Because you came from a large poor family?
Old 05-08-2003, 12:10 AM   #51
Billy
Professor

China dinner

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
What would you have as a typical dinner in China?
In china we have a typical dinner in home or in restaurant. We order some dishes, like fish, beef, chichen, meat, vegetable, ect. First we have some wine, beer, then we have rice, noodleness or steamed bread. In Canton we like drink soup before and after dinner. In north China we like dinking soup after dinner. The China dishes is very different in different restaurants, areas. The same dish maybe very different in different areas. We have no standard in dinner, up to you. You have many freedorms to select. It is hard for me to give you a exact answer.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:19 AM   #52
Billy
Professor

Love

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Why is this, Billy? Because you came from a large poor family?
Not because of poor. It is love. My father is a rude man. When I was young, I hope to get carefull love. My parents are older than me. They can not understand my heart. I lived in my own alone world. Sometimese I think to suicide. I know they love me but they give what I need. Maybe in a new family I can get what I need.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:21 PM   #53
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
My parents are older than me.
Well that makes sense!
I understand what you're saying though, about your father being "rude". Usually in that case the wife finds in safer to say nothing.
Anyway, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of love in the Cellar. Just ask Radar or Scottsoloman.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:25 PM   #54
Bitman
cellar smellar

Re: Love

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
Sometimese I think to suicide.
Most of us have though of suicide at some point in our lives. But it's not really a problem until you start reaching for the scissors.

By the way, you haven't told us a joke yet ...
Bitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:26 PM   #55
Billy
Professor

Love myself

Now I know I first love myself the love others. I should strongly stand up to love myself if I can not gainit from outside. I think my parents love me, but the way is wrong.

When I was young and wanted suicide, I hope to fall in one well because back my house there is one deep well. No one can find me if I do it. Then I can have a quiet life in deep water, heaven.

Thank you here. You all help me like best friends.

Last edited by Billy; 05-09-2003 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:32 PM   #56
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Stay away from that well. You already told us water pollution is a big proglem.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:09 PM   #57
Billy
Professor

Good well

Quote:
Stay away from that well. You already told us water pollution is a big proglem.
Not all China wells are polluted. There is no industry in my home town. So we stil drink the underground well water. It tastes sweet.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:11 PM   #58
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

What I meant was, it won't taste sweet very long with you IN it.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:27 PM   #59
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Re: Love

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
Not because of poor. It is love. My father is a rude man. When I was young, I hope to get carefull love. My parents are older than me. They can not understand my heart. I lived in my own alone world. Sometimese I think to suicide. I know they love me but they give what I need. Maybe in a new family I can get what I need.
So, if I am understanding you correctly, you wish that your parents would have shown more positive reinforcement of their love for you? Do they currently support you in your life endeavors?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 10:37 PM   #60
Billy
Professor

Maybe

Quote:
What I meant was, it won't taste sweet very long with you IN it.
My body would become fertilizer to help the microorganism make water more clear.