Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #151
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

PA Gov endorses Obama.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #152
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Senator and son of an ex-Governor Bob Casey Jr., that is -- not the current Gov. Rendell, who is firmly in the Hill camp.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #153
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Senator and son of an ex-Governor Bob Casey Jr., that is -- not the current Gov. Rendell, who is firmly in the Hill camp.
Opps... my bad, I typed that incorrectly. Thanks for the correction.

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey endorsed Democrat Barack Obama on Friday, a move that could help the presidential candidate make inroads with white working-class voters dubbed "Casey Democrats" in the Keystone State.
Appearing on stage beside the Illinois senator, Casey told a boisterous rally, "I believe in my heart that there is one person who's uniquely qualified to lead us in that new direction and that is Barack Obama."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...cle=1&catnum=3
Old 03-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #154
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I made a bet with my Vietnamese friends this last weekend. The Vietnamese all love McCain. I bet them 4 bottles of Martell Cordon Bleu Cognac (roughly $100 each) that Obama would win not only the Democratic nomination, but the presidency.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #155
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Being the North Pole is so cold, shrinkage is inevitable.
So what kind of thinking does not occur up there?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:28 AM   #156
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Well, if she's the candidate, it will be good to finally cast a vote -- against Washington's Least Convincing Blonde. Face it: the Clintons, husband and wife, are incompetently evil. Of the many things they're not good at, they are among the worst at being bad, and do it remarkably poorly. You vote for that, you're voting for a schmuck.

I recommend sixteen Bushes in the Oval Office over one more self-destructive Clinton. Seventeen might be too much of an antifascist good thing, though -- on the grounds that new blood would be wanted by then.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #157
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Well, if she's the candidate, it will be good to finally cast a vote -- against Washington's Least Convincing Blonde. Face it: the Clintons, husband and wife, are incompetently evil. Of the many things they're not good at, they are among the worst at being bad, and do it remarkably poorly. You vote for that, you're voting for a schmuck.

I recommend sixteen Bushes in the Oval Office over one more self-destructive Clinton. Seventeen might be too much of an antifascist good thing, though -- on the grounds that new blood would be wanted by then.
Actually, most people would consider the Clinton presidency pretty competent. Of course, you could make the case that some of the bad decisions made then came to roost in the next administration, but you could also make that argument about the Reagan administration.

As for the multi-Bush option. Outside of a lesbian nightclub, this is not a good idea. While H was a competent president, the $1-3 trillion dollar quagmire that GW put us in will probably take an entire generation to pay off, when the bill finally comes due. Rumor has it that GWB is the stupid one in the family and that Jeb would probably have been and might be better at the job, but considering the monumental cost at this point, writing off the entire clan seems like a good idea.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #158
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I will do this in the fashion of W.Hi.P. Betting Tips.

Democratic nomination

Barry Obama v Hill Clinton @ Pennsylvania

Clinton is heavily favored in this state, by 20 points, and has been for months. However, she has just "hit the wall"; a combination of unfavorability trends is working against her; and she has nearly run out of money, according to some sources. Meanwhile Obama is saturation-bombing the airwaves of PA. Polls are starting to narrow the gap and there are three weeks left.

Bet on Obama to win Pennsylvania = Currently $3 to make $10 @ Intrade

Bet on Clinton to drop out after Pennsylvania = not wagered at Intrade, but predicted by UT anyway
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #159
elSicomoro

From Larry Eichel at philly.com:

nd there's a fourth poll just in, this one from the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

This poll has Clinton up by 9 points. The previous version had her ahead by 12. So, again, there's movement toward Obama, but not much in this one.

In the past two days, there've been three new polls in the Pennsylvania primary. And all of them show movement in Barack Obama's direction.

The movement almost surely reflects a combination of factors -- Obama's having spent six straight days in the state, his huge television buy, and the fallout from the controversy over Hillary Rodham Clinton's overstatement of how much danger she faced as First Lady landing in Bosnia in 1996.

In the Rasmussen Reports poll, Clinton leads by 5 points. She'd been up 10 in the same poll last week.

In the Survey USA poll, she's up 12. She's been up 19 in the same poll three weeks earlier.

The latest survey, from Public Policy Polling, actually has Obama ahead by 2 points, although that is well within the poll's margin of error. It's hard to know what to make of this one. Two-and-a-half weeks ago, the same company had Clinton ahead by 26, which is much the largest margin recorded in any Pennsylvania poll in the last few months.

Dean Debham, the company president, speculates that the movement "could be an indication that Democrats in that state think it's time to wrap it up." But the poll did not ask a question that would confirm such thinking.

The bottom line? It's safe to say Obama is gaining ground and that Clinton's hopes for a double-digit win in the state seem like more of a long-shot than a week ago. Beyond that, well, there are still 20 days to go.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #160
Griff
still says videotape

She's dropping faster than Bill's drawers at a Delta Zeta party.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #161
elSicomoro

Is that the ugly sorority at Binghamton?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #162
TheMercenary

So Bill Cliton shows his true colors. If she could get reid of that fucker she might have had a chance. I really think if she divorced him she would have a better chance of being elected.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #163
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

She'd lose remaining black voters.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:52 AM   #164
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
If she could get reid of that fucker she might have had a chance.
Bill exonerated to become a Senator from Nevada?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #165
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post

I'd rather have someone who is incompetently evil than someone who is an expert at being evil like Bush or Cheney.

It doesn't matter who the Democratic candidate happens to be, they will roll over McCain effortlessly. I'd personally prefer if it wasn't Clinton, but I'd take an illiterate crack whore over any Republican.