The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 11-12-2005, 08:56 AM   #31
Griff
still says videotape

and there's a little something extra in it for him...
Old 11-15-2005, 09:22 AM   #32
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Re: Clomid and hair falling out during pregnancy...is that a known side effect of the drug?

I wasn't on fertility treatments, but I noticed after rugrat was born I lost a ton of hair. I just figured I probably wasn't shedding as much as normal during the previous months due to hormones and my body was just readjusting back to normal. (My nails were the most beautiful they had ever been too)

Ahhh, the "beauty" of pregnancy. I kept my spirits up by telling myself that this was mother nature's way of getting me into practice for the next quarter century of making sacrifices for my brood...and boy can she be a mother

One thing I didn't do, but now REALLY wished I had was take pictures of my belly at regular intervals to see the change. I only have a picture of me at about 6mo, in a swimsuit on vacation, and a couple about 2 weeks before she was born. (and one 24hrs post partum showing my C-section staples that I can use for guilt inducement later as needed ) For #2 I am going to take front and profile pics of me so I can see what other people saw. On second thought, that might not be your cup of tea, but I like to go back every once and awhile and look at the couple of pics when I am feeling the 'urge' for another one. I'll know I'm ready when I think I looked perfect. (I'm not there quite yet)

Last edited by LabRat; 11-15-2005 at 09:30 AM.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:52 PM   #33
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Had the standard 18-20 week ultrasound yesterday morning... All healthy and growing just right!

Also, we knew from the very beginning that we wanted to know the gender. As an impatient person, I have a hard time mentally replacing "being forced to wait" with a pleasant euphemism like "keeping it a surprise." So anyway, it's a boy. I can't wait!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:57 PM   #34
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

YEAH!!! I repeat my earlier congrats. The ultrasound makes it all the more 'real' that there is someone IN there...I'm all goosebumpy.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #35
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

That's just swell, Clodfobble, if you'll pardon the pun. We, on the other hand, did wish to remain in suspense about the gender. We figured it was going to be the last time we would be surprised by that aspect--why rush through it?

Way To Go, Clodfobble and Family!
Old 12-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #36
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Old 12-31-2005, 06:59 AM   #37
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Hooray Clodfobble!

OK now that you can rule out choosing girl names, your work is 50% easier.

So what have you guys been thinking about for names so we at the cellar can, ahh, help you.

You realize we're going to need to vet your selections?
Old 12-31-2005, 12:54 PM   #38
Clodfobble

Max was the main boy-name frontrunner for a long time, but once it actually became a reality, I started waffling again. Kyle is another one that pops up frequently. When making suggestions, you should know that my last name has a whole lot of n's in it, so most names with n in them are completely out...
Old 12-31-2005, 02:32 PM   #39
Griff
still says videotape

Any ethnic consideration?

Oscar is nice. I'd like to knock up Pete by accident so we could have a Finbar, Barry for short.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:23 PM   #40
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Please do not choose any names that will guarantee that FobbleJr will be beat up on the playground.

You owe this precious being you are bringing into the world that much.

(and for any pending girl-parents that read this ... no weird spellings of normal names, and whatever you do, no Heathers, Crystals, or Tiffanys (Tiffanis are even worse.)

Thank you.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:59 AM   #41
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

I have a friend named Karyl (pronounced as carol). She has never forgiven her parents.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #42
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Max Fobble. It's a strong name, no nonsense.

A great baby–naming scene is in "The sure thing" and here is an old SNL skit that is pretty funny about baby naming.

The two schools of thought on talking about potential names are 1) tell people and risk being chilled by their feedback or 2) don't tell anyone until you introduce the baby because very few people will be crass enough to say
"Ronald? what kind of fucked up name is that"? They'll just think it instead and say something like "what beautiful eyes he has"

Of course if you choose that latter we will badger you until you need to make up a new user name if you want to visit the cellar
Attached Files
File Type: txt Baby Names.txt (24.0 KB, 245 views)
Old 01-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #43
Clodfobble

A large consideration on my part is that I absolutely refuse to choose a really common name. I hated the fact that there was always at least one other girl with my name in every class in school. In fact, I went to high school with another girl with the same first and last name. So no Aidan, or Jacob, or Ethan, etc... But that has to be balanced with the fact that my husband doesn't want any "weird" names. Apparently a lot of older names (common in the 1900s-1930s) fall into this category, much to my dismay.

Don't worry, footfootfoot, Ronald has an n in it, so it's outoutout.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #44
seakdivers
Icy Queen

Whooooo!! I'm so excited to hear that everything is going good!!!

Names are so hard. There is a mountain here in town (actually it's technically considered a hill) call Gavin. I've always liked that name, but I know you don't want a name with an N.

My ex was on some kind of western thing when I was pregnant with our son. He wanted to name him Wyatt, Trace, Levi.... I don't remember the rest. We decided on Garrett, and it fits him perfectly.

It's so hard to find a name that isn't common, yet isn't unusual.... Good luck!!
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:57 AM   #45
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I have NEVER had to name a kid ,
But I have named a few dogs ( not makeing ANY compartisons here ) ,
What i alwas do is call the dog pup and baby , and spend LOTS of time sitting on the floor with them ( gots to get down on their level , Don't ya know !!!) untill their personality dictates their name , I Know this is uncommen to most civilized folks .
But this is what i do for pups .