The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 12-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #16
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Again, check my location if another trip is in the offing. If I am in London (likely) or anywhere else in the SouthEast (extremely likely) then I'd love to meet for a coffee. And a walking tour!

I did Spitalfields on Sunday - loved it. And then managed to miss the start of two different tours on Tuesday and Wednesday because I didn't factor in the speed my 61 year old friend with mobility issues can move. Which worked out for the best because she preferred me as a guide in the end anyway - I did read up on where we were going and everything was at her pace. I can do the tours whenever I want after all.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #17
Beevee
Eavesdropper

Since you live in Greenwich, Sundae Girl, is there any reason you have not mentioned the Observatory?

After all, why would it not be interesting for a visitor from overseas to stand in both the East and the West at the same time?

Or can't that be done anymore?
Beevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #18
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Oh it is interesting and you can still stand astride the meridian. And from my local pub you can see the green light arcing above, showing the line in the sky. I love it.

But Ibram is a 16/17 year old and will be on a school trip, he has limited time alone.
I was trying to appeal to his stated personal tastes, which was why I only posted specific information rather than a paeon to the wonderful history and sights London has to offer.

You are right about Greenwich being worth a visit though and I always tell people I'd be willing to meet for a coffee or a drink!