The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-31-2003, 05:12 PM   #16
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Sounds cool! We're actually looking at a cruise for OUR honeymoon.

Or some time in Florida or the Bahamas.

We haven't decided yet.

Brian
Old 08-01-2003, 09:18 AM   #17
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Re: Re: I got an idea!

Quote:
Originally posted by hot_pastrami
... we're going on a Carribean cruise on a Royal Carribean line. . .
Watch out for those nutty recreational Cuban boaters (or pirates, or whatever), they could take out your cruise ship with their mighty craft.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:55 PM   #18
TooMuchCoffeeMan
Layperson

Only three weeks away, and you're not nervous? Lucky you, man. I'm getting married in 2 1/2 months, and I'm about as much a nervous wreck as one could be. Anyways, congrats to you and the new missus (sp?), and hope everything goes well at your ceremonies.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:28 AM   #19
Tobiasly
hot

Quote:
Originally posted by TooMuchCoffeeMan
Lucky you, man. I'm getting married in 2 1/2 months, and I'm about as much a nervous wreck as one could be.
Maybe it's time to cut back on the coffee? I don't remember <I>ever</I> being nervous about my wedding. My wife and her mom had plenty of that for everyone.

Just think of it this way: at the end of the day, you two will be married. What else really matters?
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 09:00 AM   #20
TooMuchCoffeeMan
Layperson

Tobiasly, it's not so much the wedding itself, as the amount of drunken hicks we have to invite to it. My fiancee's father's side, and my father's side, all of their brothers are pretty much drunken hillbillies, and we don't want any stupid in-fighting (alcohol induced or otherwise) during the wedding. I'd love to have not invited them, but then we'd have a lot of pissed off family on both sides.

Oh, and cut back on the coffee? No, sorry, don't see that one happening :p
Old 08-04-2003, 10:59 AM   #21
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally posted by TooMuchCoffeeMan
Only three weeks away, and you're not nervous? Lucky you, man. I'm getting married in 2 1/2 months, and I'm about as much a nervous wreck as one could be.
I'm getting married in 18 days now, and in all reality, right now should be about the most stressful time in my life. There is a lot to do, but contrary to my normal behavior I have gone to a lot of effort to be organized in this effort, and it's paid off well. And I have zero doubt about wanting to marry this woman, so cold feet isn't a factor. I'm as excited as hell.

I must say though, that although I'm not stressed out, I have been a scatterbrain. I find it quite difficult to concentrate at work, what with my mind occupied with wedding plans, selling the house (we close on the house about four days before we leave town to get married), and other miscellaneous stuff. My short-term memory is shot, and my long-term memory in unreliable at best. Blah.

You know what's wierd? My cat Luna loves her dog, which s a young, spazzy Springer Spaniel. She sits and licks that dog, and rubs against it purring... crazy. Dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:14 AM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You have planned too well, Pas. Now your wracking your brain trying to think of what you've forgotten and going nuts because there isn't anything. Cool but frustrating. From here on it's just little bumps that don't mean shit.
Quote:
we don't want any stupid in-fighting (alcohol induced or otherwise) during the wedding.
Historically the wedding isn't the problem, it's the reception. If the shit hits the fan just throw the bouquet and split. Let the fools work it out on their own.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:47 AM   #23
TooMuchCoffeeMan
Layperson

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Historically the wedding isn't the problem, it's the reception. If the shit hits the fan just throw the bouquet and split. Let the fools work it out on their own. [/b]
Bruce, I wish we could leave that easily during the reception, but there happens to be one problem with that. Apparantly it's a Polish custom that the bride and groom stay the whole time of the reception (until about 2am) drinking with the newly acquired family, and it's a great disrespect to leave early. So, if shit happens, I'll just have to hope that one of my groomsmen decides to give them the unceremonious bouncing out the door. On the bright side though, I'll get to spend the rest of my mortal years with the one woman who makes me happy, and I get the amusement of watching her dad make an ass of himself when he's gooned
Old 08-05-2003, 12:10 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh...I thought you were in Canada, not Poland.
Maybe it's time for a new tradition called "Screw you, it's our wedding and if you don't behave we're leaving".
Old 08-05-2003, 12:21 PM   #25
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Maybe it's time for a new tradition called "Screw you, it's our wedding and if you don't behave we're leaving".
Sounds a lot like my policy on people who try to railroad us in our wedding and reception stuff... it's called Screw you, it's our wedding and if you don't like how we do it you can shut up or go home.

Just last night we just booked all the shore excursions for our cruise... we'll be swimming with dolphins one day, climbing a waterfall in Jamaica another day, swimming off a sandbar with hundreds of manta rays, and visiting some ancient Mayan ruins. Should be pretty fun. Damn, but that's expensive stuff though... paid almost $500 total for the shore excursions for the two of us.

I have the grandparents situation half sorted out... I invited one grandmother now. When my future mother-in-law learned what a pain in the ass my parents were being about it, she volunteered to take my grandparents, therefore taking care of much of the problem. I hope my folks realized what big asses they've been when I told them that. Hard to say. They don't seem to have a clue that they're being selfish and nasty about our wedding. I guess now I know that when it comes right down to it, when I really need their support, I'm not going to necessarily get it. Good to know.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:49 PM   #26
TooMuchCoffeeMan
Layperson

Bruce, I'm in Canada, but some of her relatives are from Poland, and immigrated to Canada. And, I have been recently informed that her Scottish relatives are the same way... I feel that I'm going to have many moments where I'm telling people to "shut up and let us enjoy our wedding, or get the f*ck out!" on that day.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:42 PM   #27
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Scottish too. Man you're in deep shiat!! My Dad's family came from Scotland and some of my mother's kin were so cursed.
If anyone says haggis, run like hell.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:09 AM   #28
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I would have loved to come if I was still in Vegas, but of course I'm on the east coast now, so yeah. Not making that drive back, thanks.

BUT.....congrats and I hope everything goes well. Wave to Vegas for me (although I don't miss it AT ALL) and take a huge amount of pics, maybe post one or two of them so we can see the beautiful bride and her new husband.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 04:57 PM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sexist biach. Beautiful Husband and his new bride.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:59 PM   #30
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Sexist biach. Beautiful Husband and his new bride.
Bruce, you are too kind. No, really... stop it.