The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 09-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #46
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I agree with Lola - you definitely cannot judge your progress by comparing to other people. Not only what she mentioned above, but Men in general have an easier time of losing weight. I experienced this with my ex and he wasn't even trying!!

Another example: I have been working on this since July and have lost a total of 6.6 pounds. Not a lot to some, but at least the scale is going DOWN. That is the key.

Stop in and give us an update!!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #47
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Yeah thanks for everything you all posted. I wasn't comparing myself to other people (at least not purposely) especially when my husband and I were going together, but when you're getting an update every day 3 times a day about how someone else is losing weight constantly, it tends to get inside your head no matter what you do. I was proud of him, but it wasn't helpful for me.

Today I earned my sticker, I found a friend who has similar goals to me and needs just as much encouragement/motivation as I do and we went to the little gym this morning. She did 2 miles on the eliptical and I did 20 mins on the treadmil (almost a mile). We then had breakfast together so I could show her my excellent pumpkin boatmeal breakfast that we found, and started talking about how to work on our diet choices as well.

For now, this works for me.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #48
monster
I hear them call the tide

Here's your sticker :)

Name:  RAZZSTICKER1.png
Views: 188
Size:  65.4 KB
Old 09-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #49
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I'm glad you found a buddy, Razz. I hope you are feeling stronger and more confident now
Old 09-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #50
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

20 minutes again today! I love my sticker, monster. lol
Old 09-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #51
monster

did you see the teeth? It's a bit small, sorry

And that is excellent. i'll have to make you another one tonight
Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #52
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 View Post

For now, this works for me.
I'm glad you found something that works for you. Good luck!
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #53
monster

Sticker

Name:  skinnyrazz.png
Views: 199
Size:  91.1 KB

This is what you find if you google images for Skinny Razz!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #54
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Hahaha Thanks Mon! (I didn't notice the teeth till you said something, very cute!!)

I did it on the 13th as well, and I made the entire mile today in 20:45, so I'm getting faster, slowly but surely!

I took these the day I started this thread, sorry for the tilty-ness, I had to prop the camera up since I couldn't find my tripod.

The pics are embarrassing as they're not in any way flattering, but since I'm working on the flat part, I'm hoping I'll have some nicer ones to show you soon.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #55
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Also apparently the husband has started working out over seas, so I'm getting daily weight loss updates from him again.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #56
monster

Razz, the weightloss will come and its an added bonus, because before it does, you suddenly starte to notice your limbs become more shapely and some things become easier.

If you are at a gym with a good range of equipment, I strongly suggest starting to use the weight machines. "A bigger Engine burns more fuel" Plus you can really see/feel and appreciate the change in your body, even if the weightloss is slow, and it gives you another incentive to keep going. Are there any "Newbie induction" sessions to show you how to use the machines safely?
Old 09-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #57
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Razz, adding extra exercise helps a lot, but diet is paramount. Keep your exercise easy to maintain while you re-shape your diet habits. Seriously. Eating the the wrong food is like smoking....just as addicting. And changing your eating habits is just as tough as quitting smoking. But really important to do...not just for losing weight, but for long term health. Start slow. Start by cutting out a few bad things, and adding a few good. And read up as much as you can about what you should be eating.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #58
monster

Or, just keep doing what you're doing and worry about addressing other factors later. As long as you'r addressing one thing/something, you're on the right track. Baby steps.