The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

View Poll Results: What do you think?
No: I don't like how they respond to some posters 10 35.71%
Yes: I think what they say is ok 2 7.14%
Yes: I think they're funny 8 28.57%
Don't care either way 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #46
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
the thing that bothers me most is this:

which is saying that there has been some kind of meeting or consensus in which some imaginary group of clan elders has judged you wanting.

i give ali and sky props for actually having bawls enough to state their positions. right or wrong, they are doing it right. anon is not.
blah blah blah. you forgot to end your criticism with "...in my opinion."

In my opinion, this is the *core* of the vast majority of the arguments on the cellar, indeed, most of the arguments in our society from politics to baseball and around again. ["In my opinion,] Policy ABC, which is supported only by poopyheads like you, is stooopit." When I hear "arguments" made in this way, I fill in the missing "in my opinion" for the speaker, as I have done for (myself) on your behalf, jimhelm.

In my opinion, monster's remarks are sometimes funny, sometimes informative, but the most memorable ones are unfunny and vitriolic personal attacks, voiced, naturally, in her opinion. I am tired of the abuse monster dishes out so freely.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #47
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
... For the record I speak up for monster because she has shown kindnesses to me that I don't always deserve. She chooses to see the bigger picture that is me. It's called friendship.
Be that as it may for now, everyone knows the story of the organ grinder and the monkey and what the organ grinder does to the monkey at the end.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #48
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

"flashback"!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #49
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Ibram, I'm with UT here.
You had Clod's amusing, more recent and more positive post for quite a while.
Why go back to something so unpleasant?
Yes, Merc wrote it, but it does not reflect the Cellar, and after all this time I don't think it actually reflects his view either.
So why didn't he also post my public apology to the statement I made?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #50
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
I think a LOT of people here could all stand to cool off, back off, adopt more of an attitude that promotes the "i'm sorry, i didn't mean to offend, i wasn't trying to be personal" mindset that builds the close-knit, "coffee-shop" attitude of, even when there's mutual dislike and distrust and hurt, putting the community first, and trying to avoid conflict instead of trade blows and perpetuate it.

all too often, I find that lately, the attitude is "fuck you, i can post whatever i want, i don't care what you think of it, fuck off if you dont like it, it's a free forum and a free country and it's my right to post whatever I want." I'm not going to say that any of that isn't true. But i think that the right to be an asshole sometimes (or all the time) should not come ahead of the responsibility to the community to be both polite and respectful in a wider sense (if not always on a conversation-by-conversation basis).

Basically, I think a long series of back-and-forths, whoever started it or whoever's to blame or whoever's the most guilty, has set into motion an altogether unhealthy atmosphere for the Cellar to have. I can remember when, for example, rkzenrage was banned, it was because he consistently and unapologetically violated the sort of social contract that the Cellar operated under. I feel like we're losing more and more of that sense of collective agreement and social contract and community. And threads like this only fan the flames.
Look in the mirror dude. You fail in a big way with your sig line. I apologized to you in public soon after that post. You are a martyr. And with your posting in the sig line you prove yourself to be a One Trick Pony. Get on with your life. How many years ago was that post made? You are going to let a single post define your life and existence for how many years now?

Last edited by TheMercenary; 04-17-2011 at 09:31 PM.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #51
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Or, he's angry that you're not more like him 'cause he has a crush on you ... you tease!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #52
TheMercenary

Well, good question. Since I am as old or older than his father, I certainly hope not.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #53
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Personally I don't like this thread, I think its in bad taste and anon is trying to get support to gang up on IM and Monnie. I like both of them, most of the time, sometimes a poster (not just those two) will attack another poster in a way/reason I just don't understand. I like sarcasm, and I think I can tell when a poster is being sarcastic, but when I see personal attacks they make me less likely to post my own opinion because I know I would not be able to shrug it off if I were attacked that way and would turn my own kind of nasty. I'm just too much of a coward to handle that, and part of the reason why I have not been a prolific poster lately. I think we might not know each other as well as we think and have filled in the gaps in facts we have about other posters with our own perceptions. I kinda wish we could all reset our personal biases and grudges we have against one another that we've developed over our long time posting here. In fact, I will make it my goal to do that.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #54
TheMercenary

MTP, what we do is "fill in the gaps" with assumptions we make about other posters based on the limited exposure that we have to individuals based upon the very limited postings we are exposed to on this Forum. This is such a microcosm of who we are as people. To try to box or define each other outside of this medium, other than within the confines of this medium, and to make assumptions about who we are in real life is a huge mistake. These interactions are far from real life understandings of each other, no matter how hard we try or how many little secrets we try to feed each other as an attempt to be part of the community.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #55
morethanpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
MTP, what we do is "fill in the gaps" with assumptions we make about other posters based on the limited exposure that we have to individuals based upon the very limited postings we are exposed to on this Forum. This is such a microcosm of who we are as people. To try to box or define each other outside of this medium, other than within the confines of this medium, and to make assumptions about who we are in real life is a huge mistake. These interactions are far from real life understandings of each other, no matter how hard we try or how many little secrets we try to feed each other as an attempt to be part of the community.
That was my point. Are you trying to explain that to me or just expand on my original statement? I'm sorry, I'm just confused since you directed the post at me, I feel like you're trying to explain my own point to me. Maybe I was not as clear as I meant to be?
Old 04-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #56
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
It's time you girls realized how many people don't appreciate your behavior.
Then "many people" should speak up and say something about it. Otherwise shut the fuck up. The anonymous account is not a vehicle for making sniper attacks. This thread is despicable and cowardly. Shame on you. If you can't manage your affairs better than this, then please leave this website and take your shitty attitude with you, whoever you are.

P.S. Your poll options don't make any sense, dumbfuck.

Signed, Flint
Feel free to address all comments regarding THIS post to ME.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio

Last edited by Flint; 04-17-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #57
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
That was my point. Are you trying to explain that to me or just expand on my original statement? I'm sorry, I'm just confused since you directed the post at me, I feel like you're trying to explain my own point to me. Maybe I was not as clear as I meant to be?
1) I was agreeing and expounding on your point. So I guess that means I was expanding on your original statement.
2) Why would you feel like I am trying to explain something to you that you already understand and feel. Stop reading into my post. It stands by itself as well as plays off what you already stated.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #58
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

What flint said , grow some ballz or STFU !!!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #59
morethanpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
2) Why would you feel like I am trying to explain something to you that you already understand and feel.
Quote:
I'm sorry, I'm just confused since you directed the post at me, I feel like you're trying to explain my own point to me.
Like I said, sorry for my confusion, I was not trying to 'read into your post.' Just the addressing me specifically threw me off. Thank you for clearing that up.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #60
monster
I hear them call the tide

Listen up, anon et al. I ain't gonna change. You don't like it? Tough. You want rid? Make this place so floral, wishy-washy and marshmallow-post infested I can't take it any more. But I will fight such invasions until it ain't worth it, and I suspect I'm not alone, so you have your work cut out. But feel free to try.

Yes, I'm like this in real life. My time is valuable, I don't waste it on people who are intolerably dumb or irritating in my opinion. You get a couple of chances, then you get ignored and if your idiocy makes you unignorable, then I'mm'a tell you about it. And then it's done. Out of sight out of mind. You really don't know anyone like that in real life? Or you just expect the interweb to be all Snow White and Disney?

FFS look at the user name I picked. Sometimes you can judge a book by the cover if it's graphic enough.

If you can't stand the heat, you really should get out of the kitchen. If you allow your feelings to be hurt by strangers on the interwebs, then this is not the place for you. I don't expect, need or want to be liked by everyone. So "ouch, my feelings". Seems like maybe you do. This is just not a realistic outlook on life.

But I voted against me to try and give you a little emotional boost there Now rub some dirt in it and man up.

Tags
pensive pam wannabes, romper room