The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-30-2010, 07:10 AM   #16
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Funny, because Singapuras are often characterised as dog-like; in their need for affection, the way they chase and bring back items and the way they will follow their owner around, never wanting to be in a different room.

But I totally agree that personality is FAR more important than looks in cats or dogs.

I recommended my sister got a "second-hand" Singa (ie a cat from a breeder which is older than a kitten) when she was looking. Instead she went for a normal moggie - nothing wrong with that - but she has a cat which shows little affection and is out most of the time. Again, that's fine - but their geriatric cat had died and he was a real house-cat for the last three years of his life. she misses that. And when she comes round here she snuggles Diz and I just think it's sad that she could have had one herself.

And Singas are beautiful too.

Quote:
Is the Singapura the Right Cat for You?
Nicknamed the Pura [Singa in the UK], this cat is impish, inquisitive, intelligent and full of energy. He may be little, but he’s a powerhouse, leaping to high places—including your shoulder—and supervising everything that goes on in the home. When he’s not running along the top of the bookshelf or chasing after a toy, he’s seeking out a lap where he can relax. The Singapura is an extrovert and gets along with everyone, including other cats*, friendly dogs and well-behaved children.

The Pura’s short coat is easy to groom with weekly brushing. Trim the nails and clean the ears as needed.

The Singapura is well suited to any home with people who will love him and care for him. Keep him indoors to protect him from cars, diseases spread by other cats and attacks from other animals.
* Diz is the exception that proves the rule - Dylan loved other cats.

I love the picture of this dog.
I wouldn't like the reality.
But he is perfectly smiley.

Last edited by Sundae; 08-30-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote