The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 11-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

A Thanksgiving message

The Holiday Season begins each year with Thanksgiving Day in the US... A day in which we gather with family and friends and reflect upon the many things we have to be thankful for. The list is long for me. I have much to be thankful for. But this year, I am reminded of a special group of people in my life. I have never actually expressed my thanks for the fact that they are in my life. On the contrary, I am more apt to complain of their presence and rail my frustrations at them. I have been unjust in this. These people have great worth. It is, I suppose, just a matter of perspective.

Who are these people? They are none other than The Dumbasses I work with. Now, I'm not saying that everyone I work with is a dumbass. Far from it. There are many many skilled and talented individuals that contribute much toward the successes I have enjoyed in my career.... These people know who the dumbasses are, and know they are not included among them. I'm Thankful for them as well, but this sentiment is especially dedicated to The Dumbass.

Thank You, Dumbasses, for constantly blundering and requiring saving. Your foibles and failures have been invaluable as examples of what NOT to do in myriad different situations we have encountered. You have made me appear MUCH more competent by comparison. Your mathematical errors and violations of compliance and policy have provided me with countless opportunities to fix things and justify the need for the aspect of my job that encompasses pulling your collective Fat out of the Fire. The enhancement to my job security is comforting to me when times are slow, and bosses begin to cast about looking for fat to trim.

It truly is easy to Soar Like an Eagle when you are Surrounded by Turkeys.

Cheers to you, Mr Dumbass! And God Bless!

Last edited by jimhelm; 11-22-2011 at 11:00 AM.
jimhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'll drink to the Dumbass! Hear! Hear! *clink*
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Awwwwww!

That's so sweet!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

The Cellar: Gobble Gobble, Ho Ho Ho, Dumbass Dumbass Dumbass Dumbass
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Happy Holidays.

Due to wacko extremism and political correctness, I have just made so many dumbasses angry.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #6
Urbane Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Due to wacko extremism and political correctness, I have just made so many dumbasses angry.
You neglected to insert "my" before "wacko extremism." Surely an unintentional oversight?

You make quite bright people quite angry with you quite often; it is why you are so friendless.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:30 AM   #7
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

UG, if you are just going to come here once every two weeks and attempt to insult everyone, you may as well not come here. Please contribute something of substance or leave.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
Who are these people? They are none other than The Dumbasses I work with. Now, I'm not saying that everyone I work with is a dumbass.
Uttt Oh! Don't tell Griff and Monster that, they think everyone is a freaking genius!

Quote:
Thank You, Dumbasses, for constantly blundering and requiring saving. Your foibles and failures have been invaluable as examples of what NOT to do in myriad different situations we have encountered. You have made me appear MUCH more competent by comparison. Your mathematical errors and violations of compliance and policy have provided me with countless opportunities to fix things and justify the need for the aspect of my job that encompasses pulling your collective Fat out of the Fire. The enhancement to my job security is comforting to me when times are slow, and bosses begin to cast about looking for fat to trim.
Wooooo, wait! Damm! So are you trying to tell us that you actually deal with the general public vs. have fantasies about what the general public thinks and believes???? Damm what insight....

Hold me back.....
Old 11-25-2011, 06:12 AM   #9
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

/muses/ maybe it's just the holiday blues coming on, but the merc seems to me to be extra-bitter right now /muses/
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
Lamplighter

Having to work holidays with no union to represent you
for time-and-a-half can do that to a person.

My grand-daughter got called in to work Thanksgiving
just because the stores were doing a Black Friday on Thursday.
Minimum wage + $6 in tips
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:51 PM   #11
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I'm sure I put this up every year, but I can't find it. make sure you listen on Thursday!

It's a Tradition!

NOW, Kee-id!

Last edited by lumberjim; 11-22-2016 at 04:41 PM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #12
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I hope to have a big fat rolled up turkey dinner that just couldn't be beat...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:22 PM   #13
captainhook455
Rapscallion

We are going to the house of the best cook in the family. There goes the diet.

tarheel
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:30 PM   #14
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Just another Thursday. Oh wait, there's an Archie Bunker marathon on TV.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:37 PM   #15
Griff
still says videotape

Don't forget to watch WKRP and football.