The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Big Sarge Update

Hey. I'm selling my trailer and shipping out with the military in 4 days. When I get set up, I'll update everyone with my location. I've got an easy mission & the Army will feed & house me.

I'm selling my trailer and other things to pay for an attorney to fight for my job. I really don't know what is going on with my position. I had 2 incidents occur on the same day that I was suspended.

1. I turned in an official notification of military service that was going to prevent me from being present at an awards ceremony, where my agency is being recognized as the best public safety department in the state. I was going to have my deputy chief receive the award.

2. The local head of the NAACP met with the Board. I do not know of any allegations against me.

The Board met for an hour and called me into the room. They suspended and would not give me a reasoon why. They did say there wasn't anything that I had really done wrong, but they were going to check on things. Then the Mayor gave a press release to the media.

I'm greatly puzzled by any hints of racism because earlier the Board had questioned whether I had Nazi tattoos, etc. I was made to remove my shirt and display my tattoos. That was when I reminded them that I am a Jew with a biracial daughter. That was also the meeting I declared it a hostile work enviroment. Plus, I'm even a member of the NAACP.

Who knows what is going on when it comes to small town politics. They still haven't told me & many folks are jumping to the conclusion that because the NAACP was there, that I must be a racsist. Little do they know....

Sidenote to Merc - yep, that's a tracker I was driving. I have it set up to take atv attachments & I can go just about anyplace. Plus, it is a whole lot easier on my prostate than a 4 wheeler. LOL. I pland to lift it slightly & put a winch bumper on it