The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 05-19-2005, 12:10 PM   #31
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

i'm a mere sprite compared to OC, but no one did this to me either....
Old 05-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #32
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I think I was just around too many people, back then.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:19 PM   #33
staceyv
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant
cheese

I took your advice, Grant. Cheese and wine everyday for the last week- the perfect PMS remedy...Now maybe they'll accuse me of being pregnant and start rubbing my belly when I get back to work...
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:00 PM   #34
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Test them and ask if they can tell, yet. See if they ooh and aah at your normal belly, as if they can actually tell. It might be kind of funny to see what they do. Or you could just tell them you are worried about it, since you didn't have pms. See how they react.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #35
staceyv
Lecturer

Actually, even if I DID get pregnant, I would hide it from my coworkers/boss because then I wouldn't be able to take a week off every month for my period!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:36 PM   #36
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
just tell them that you got tapeworms from not cleaning your toilet for 3 years.

you could back it up with pictures.
Once again, LJ beats me to the punch.

I suggest that you reply:
"between the tapeworms and the TB, I just can't keep the weight on"
Then cough loudly and wetly, look at your hand, and then pat them on the back, smiling in a strange kind of way.

SWMBO is also rail thin, for a long time she was barely 112lbs. soaking wet and 5'-10". She got a lot of the same looks and comments from her friends and family.

She eats like there is no tomorrow. five times a day. I eat about 1/2 to 2/3 the amount of food she does in a given day. Calories don't stand a chance against her. They disappear like snow flakes on a wood stove.

Since the Bedwe'er was born she is able to keep it up to 134lbs.

YMMV
Old 05-19-2005, 11:02 PM   #37
staceyv
Lecturer

uh, what does YMMV mean? And 134 is the ideal weight for her. You're lucky she has such a great figure! (Whoever SWMBO is- don't know that one either.)
I found my solution in the cigarette thread! If I quit smoking, I'll gain 15 lbs and then they'll all shut up!!
Old 05-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #38
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Your Mileage May Vary.

She Who Must Be Obeyed. (I was about to say I had no freaking clue, and then I got it. From H. Rider Haggard's "She" and also Rumpole of the Bailey.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:13 PM   #39
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

I came late to this thread, but I know how you feel. I've never been over 112 lbs in my life (except when I was pregnant), and I'm 5'8". I hear the same thing. "You need to eat," "You're so skinny!" but I have as yet to be accused of having an eating disorder. No one who's seen me eat would dare say that. I eat like a pig--when I'm hungry.

I just tell them the truth--I have a fast metabolism, and always have. I'm not skinny because I'm a vegetarian. I wasn't always a vegetarian, but I've always been skinny. I could eat an entire large extra cheese pizza every night for a month, and probably not gain more than a couple of pounds. And it's not like I exercise or am continually moving around. I do neither. I think I'd be scared to exercise, except maybe to tone...

I currently weigh in at 104 lbs. Of course, I have small bones, too. My ideal weight is 130, but if I weighed that, I'd be waddling.

It'd be so nice to have curves *sigh* ...to be able to look good in a strapless gown or a swimsuit...but I comfort myself with the knowledge that I can eat ANYTHING I want, whenever I want, however MUCH I want, and I'll never have to worry about a weight problem (although being too underweight is as much of a problem as being too overweight).

And babe, I'd love to get to your weight. You look like what people would call "slender." You wanna talk about bony? Just ask TS about bony. I hate wearing short skirts or sleeveless shirts because I have chicken legs and bony elbows. And a bathing suit? HAH! Not unless I want to kill someone with my hipbones.

Don't bother explaining about the food allergies. Just say you were blessed with a fast metabolism. Tell 'em you ate before you got to work or something. Fake going to lunch. Or, you could put a sign on your desk that says: "Ask me about my tapeworm." *wink* That should steer them in the opposite direction....

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Last edited by Lady Sidhe; 05-27-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:07 PM   #40
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
This seems to be the time to share this tidbit with the class.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2005, 07:17 PM   #41
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Sidhe
I currently weigh in at 104 lbs. Of course, I have small bones, too. My ideal weight is 130, but if I weighed that, I'd be waddling.
i weigh more than stacy and jinx together, each holding one end of ladysidhe's dismembered torso.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:09 AM   #42
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Thank you for that lovely visual, LJ! :p

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:50 PM   #43
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
i weigh more than stacy and jinx together, each holding one end of ladysidhe's dismembered torso.
Does that count anything below your shoulders?
Old 06-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #44
aerion_13
tennis enthusiast

Well then you're just lucky to have two thin parents. But I did notice you smoke. Now that's even worse for you. If you quit smoking, you'd probably gain 10-15 lbs. I've seen my very thin sister in law try it and that's what happens. So then she goes back to smoking. Stupid choice in my opinion.
aerion_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:33 AM   #45
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Jupp, smoking does make you thinner. Especially noticeable with women. It has the effect of giving a kick of energy and suppressing hunger.

Weight means nothing, take a look at BMI. You don't look that twiggy to me (said the thin lanky fencepost) but as somebody said America is a land of fatties. In Europe we'd be normal to bulky.

As for the coworkers I think you should confront them about how they suppress their sorrows with food and detail al the negative health consequences with it. If you're the passive-aggressive type it would serve you well to say something before blowing up (never done that myself, nosir )
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote