The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 06-21-2002, 09:22 AM   #46
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad

Her name was Gal Aizenman. Two days ago.
Lets put her in perspective. These children are the victims of Ariel Sharon. Anyone else who were also involved were just the little people. To Ariel Sharon, these children are collateral damage.

Emotion, properly directed, always points to the dichead as the reason for all those deaths. She is unimportant. Annexing the occupied territories is important. Collateral damage. Victims of a campaign to subvert the Oslo Accords. Ariel Sharon has no problem massacreing 5,000 women and children. Do you think he has any guilt about this girl's death?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 09:28 AM   #47
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Nic, whaddya think Grossman would say about tw?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 09:29 AM   #48
Nic Name
retired

Quote:
Friday June 21, 2002 12:20 PM

NABLUS, West Bank (AP) - An exchange of gunfire in the northern West Bank town of Jenin killed four Palestinians, three of them children, Palestinian hospital officials said. Twenty other Palestinians were wounded.
Israel's army did not immediately comment on the shooting, which Palestinian security officials said occurred during a break in the curfew imposed by Israeli forces.

The dead were Ahmed Ghazawi, about 6; his 12-year-old brother Jamil; a 6-year-old girl, Sajedah Famahwi; and Helal Shetta, who is about 50, a doctor at the hospital said on condition of anonymity. At least 20 Palestinians were wounded, according to Palestinian officials.

Israeli troops moved into Jenin after 19 Israelis were killed in a suicide bombing in Jerusalem. The bombing prompted a major government policy shift to gradually reoccupy Palestinian land until terror attacks on Israeli civilians stop.
Quote:
9 Palestinians killed
21jun02

JERUSALEM: Nine Palestinians were killed, including five children, as the Israeli army hunted down armed militants in the West Bank after a wave of deadly violence.
Today's outrageous violence update
Nic Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 09:38 AM   #49
Nic Name
retired

It's disturbing that the polemics of the middle east viloence are reflected here in the Cellar.

Personally, I sympathize with both the Israelis and the Palestinians.

Both are represented by elected leaders who are evil men. The coincidence of them being in power at the same time is a plague upon their nations and the region.

I fear that many more innocents will die at their hands before the people choose for themselves a better representation.

Unfortunately, they have found in each other a justification for their own power, which they have successfully presented to their constituencies.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:41 AM   #50
tw

Israeli racism continues to murder innocent people. Shoppers in Jenin today were stocking up on bread and other foodstuffs in the market not knowing that a curfew was still in effect. Israeli soldiers decided to breakup the shoppings. A few bullets in the air? A warning on a bullhorn? Of course not. Two well directed TANK SHELLs at the shoppers. Oh, but they are only scum shit Palestinians. The dichead will see to it that this and so many other crimes against humanity are not enforced against the IDF. Firing tank shells at shoppers is acceptable? Of course when the objective is to drive them from the land. As for those emotional pictures, where is the one where IDF fires tank shells to disperse shoppers? Where are those pictures of war crimes by IDF in the previous invasion of Jenin? Where is the picture of Sharon laughing when told of another Palestinian death? That's OK. Sharon, like Hilter, was democratically elected. That makes him acceptable.

Place that little girl's picture next to one of a tank firing shells at shoppers. Where are the pictures of three Palestinian children killed only because they were shoppoing? Both murders directly traceable to one person - top management - the mass murder Sharon. Everyone else is irrelevant. Sharon does everything he can to continue the violence since that empowers his position. Sharon murdered that little girl.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:50 AM   #51
Nic Name
retired

Each is blaming the other for all the violence.

Both are responsible for all the violence.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:14 AM   #52
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I agree with tw that this latest tank fire is unforgiveable.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 12:42 PM   #53
thebecoming
Drawn Druid

Quote:
Originally posted by Nic Name
Each is blaming the other for all the violence.

Both are responsible for all the violence.
Two Palastinians wake up earlly and hit the street. After wiping the sleep from their eyes, one turns to the other and says...
"Hey Akhmed, what should we do today?"
"Hmmm, I dont know...."
"I know....Lets go throw rocks at the Isrealies!"
"By allah, thats the best idea I've heard all day!"

Of course this satire might not be considered funny, I know that this is a serious situation, and I'm angered by the continuous suicide bombings, and then the Isrealies having to retailiate by killing more palastinians.....But enough is enough....
Old 06-21-2002, 02:26 PM   #54
spinningfetus
Major Inhabitant

Quote:
Originally posted by thebecoming

Two Palastinians wake up earlly and hit the street. After wiping the sleep from their eyes, one turns to the other and says...
"Hey Akhmed, what should we do today?"
"Hmmm, I dont know...."
"I know....Lets go throw rocks at the Isrealies!"
"By allah, thats the best idea I've heard all day!"
Flamebait anyone?

Quote:

Of course this satire might not be considered funny, I know that this is a serious situation, and I'm angered by the continuous suicide bombings, and then the Isrealies having to retailiate by killing more palastinians.....But enough is enough....
I fail to see the logic, why should one side have free reign while the other is regarded as monsters. Both sides have done some pretty horrible things to each other. I think the way to go is get both Arafat and Sharon REAL liquored up, I know Arafat's muslim so this might be a problem but there's always ruffies. Once they are all wasted and happy, take pictures of them hugging and laughing and then when they sober up tell them if they don't knock this off, we're going to send the pictures to their most extreme supporters... Blackmail may be the answer here...
Old 06-21-2002, 03:23 PM   #55
seer
Provocateur

sorry, tw, where's the source for that?

Hello.

I was just wondering, tw, where is your source for tank firing into shoppers? I don't doubt that it happened, but I'd like to read the source for that. Silly habit of mine, I know, but... could you dig up a link for me?

Thanks in advance.

Seer (was Lazarus Squared back when cellar was a waffle board, and he ran "Time Enough For Love BBS" another waffle board.) Snively
seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 04:37 PM   #56
Yelof
neither here nor there

Israel tanks fire on Jenin crowd
Yelof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 05:50 PM   #57
dave

tw -

If you could also dig up a link for your source that shows how Sharon forced Palestinian extremists to kill some children, that'd be great too.

In other words, though I don't doubt that Sharon is a dichead (sic), I'd like to see proof that he is <b>directly responsible</b> for the latest suicide attacks, both on the settlements and on the buses.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:00 PM   #58
Scred
Wharf Rat

its so much easier to rant on without posting links or any corroborating evidence. ah, but i digress.

Here's a little inflammatory reading for tw. And yes, before you ask, the author's jewish, so of course it's full of lies and deceit. but you never know, there might be something that catches your eye.

or maybe not.

The Real Nazis
Scred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 06:45 PM   #59
tw

Quote:
Originally posted by dhamsaic
If you could also dig up a link for your source that shows how Sharon forced Palestinian extremists to kill some children, that'd be great too.
The Intafada II and all resulting deaths are directly traceable to Sharon who wanted this instability. Sharon's program has been glaringly obvious starting with his intentional, well publicized, and well staffed desecration of Temple Mount. Every act he has performed has been to annex the occupied territories. Every act in response to any violence has been only to enflame the violence. But then I have posted this in detail in how many posts?

Hamas sends in a suicide bomber. Who does Sharon blame? Palestinian policemen. He attacks police stations with American Cobra helicopters. Why? Easier for suicide bombers to continue. He attacks the Palestinian census bureau. Why? More Palestinian infastructure that could be used to stop suicide bombers. He encouraged attacks on Arab civilians including some that were elected to the Knesset. When anyone else takes responsibility for a bombing, who does Sharon blame? Arafat. Why? Best way to create instability and even incite civilian racism.

Sharon provides no facts connecting Arafat to the bombing. For all his hype and bluster, the one detail missing have always been facts. The American ambassador to Israel for Carter and Reagan noted on a PBS radio interview that Arafat had little ability to stop the bombers and even less so today. This man (name forgotten) is considered one of this countries best experts on the Middle East.

Bombers are in direct response to Sharon's intentional confiscation of land, murder of civilians, and daily attacks on the Palestine people. Simply view above for the latest quote from The Economist. Sharon has made bombing necessary just as King George in 1770s made the American revolution necessary. The facts have been provided previously in spades. Intafada 2 was created by Ariel Sharon - as clearly posted previously.

Was Hilter responsible for the deaths of so many Europeans in WWII - or were Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin equally guilty. Same applied to Sharon - a man, ironically with objectives similar to Hitler's. No matter who pulls the trigger, these are the policies, objectives, and desires of Ariel Sharon. He wants the West Bank. No one can name a single death he really morns since deaths to this man are only collateral damage in a military campaign. His objectives are not even disputable. He advocates and covets the occupied territories knowing full well he does so in direct violation of international law. Even crimes against humanity by his army, now so routine, are never punished. To Sharon, if he is Arab, then he deserves to die. We know from history that this is how Sharon thinks.

All deaths in Intafada 2 are directly traceable to the man who started the violence. There was virtually no violence until Sharon rekindled Intafada 2. Only the naive would say that Sharon did not know his campfire would burn down the woods. All deaths have one man in common - Sharon who intentionally incited Intafada II to destroy Oslo and to reconquer the occupied territories.

One would have to be a mental midget to not see why children are being killed. Sharon has obtained the violence he advocated. Children's deaths are irrelevant to the critical mission of confiscating occupied territories.

If Sharon wanted peace, then he would ban all West Bank and Gaza settlements. Instead he accelerates their numbers. That program alone intentionally means more suicide bombings.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:51 PM   #60
seer
Provocateur

Scred, I'm not so sure about that guy you linked to. His last few sentences are extremely questionable. He says things like this:

"No, what makes you Nazi-like is the worship of power, particularly the power to murder, especially when you don't have it. You don't have to commit genocide to be a Nazi; you just have to want to commit genocide." That sounds like Tank Shells in the Marketplace to me. What about this: "They're the ones who see and hear about the things going on in the Middle East every day, but continue to hide behind silly libels against America and phrases like "Israeli oppression.""

So, to him, there is no such thing as Israeli Oppression. He even puts Occupied Territories in scare-quotes, as if they aren't occupied.

Personally, from all I've read, it sounds to be that there are some MAJOR people in power in Israel that don't believe that Palestinians have the right to live there at all. Statements like "The West Bank belongs to the Jews" and such make me believe that it's not just the Palestinians who are aiming to completely distroy the other... it's just that Israel has American weapons and money backing them.

--------------------

Something else I've noticed: Right Wingers don't need facts. If they say something enough, it must be true. I'm sure there are some Left Wingers who are the same way, it's just that the host of that CNN show (hell, even PBS's New Hour, a show I like!) doesn't let it slip on by.

Ever notice that? I'll come back with a good example next time I hear one.. shouldn't be too long. :-)

Share the day,
Seer (former Philly boy)
seer is offline   Reply With Quote