The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-22-2020, 09:44 AM   #12616
Griff
still says videotape

I have a spot that's part of my home loop. This is from my ride today. I don't who'd maintain it...
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2020, 11:11 PM   #12617
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
$35.24 ...
Today I got a second auto insurance policy dividend of $17.62.

Running total: $52.86.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:53 PM   #12618
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I was weeding this evening and observed two people performing silly walks as they passed my house. One knew I was there, one didn't. Both were walking by themselves (but on the phone). I saw others read the signs and smile too
I lent my seed spreader thing to a neighbor, who posted this in the basefuck group where she'd asked if anyone had one...

"I just grabbed it while you were mowing your lawn. You’re the ministry of silly walks house!! I’ve definitely done a silly walk on your sidewalk."

Old 06-02-2020, 02:10 AM   #12619
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
::sidestep from the "happy"::

Apparently my insurance company decided to "reduce rates in the future" rather than give refunds. Which is an especially interesting level of bullshit as Michigan's auto insurance law changes on July 2 and all policies will become cheaper.....

....and I would like to say I will be dumping them, but the reality is they will be dumping me first because of my idiot son's two major fault accidents ending with the car being totaled.

::as you were::

hmmm... I'll see it when I believe it, but....

Michigan Orders Refunds
Old 06-14-2020, 10:49 PM   #12620
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Got another $43.83 check from my insurance today (because I didn't get the mail yesterday).
Old 06-25-2020, 10:30 PM   #12621
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I got a second ten dollar check from my car insurance company.

Thx.

But today I feel like I accomplished a lot.

Pics in New DIY thread coming soon!
Old 06-26-2020, 08:54 AM   #12622
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Woot!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:15 AM   #12623
Griff
still says videotape

After some delay.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2020, 03:36 PM   #12624
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Sweet!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:12 PM   #12625
Diaphone Jim
Junior Master Dwellar

The long addy below leads to a place I seldom go: BuzzFeed
With the total shitstorm whipped up by the Republican party, there are still some things to be proud of (very US centric, sorry).

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephenlaco...HBSb4xAsUNJEDE
Diaphone Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:27 PM   #12626
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

DJ, that was delightful!

Thank you for posting it. BRB, gotta go to KFC.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:56 AM   #12627
Griff
still says videotape

They like us, they really like us.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:19 AM   #12628
nowhereman
sliding down the razor blade of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
After some delay.
Nice !
I will start pulling supers this weekend. Looks to be a good year.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:02 PM   #12629
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

It became apparent late last year that my 1992 VW Passat Estate (originally Dad’s) would have to be retired, so just before Christmas I placed an order for a new car.
There was something of a waiting list and it was due to be built a week or two into March this year.

The tax and MoT on the existing wagon expired at the end of February so I declared it off road with DVLA and scrapped it a few days into March for which I was paid the princely sum of £155.
I only expected two or three weeks without a car which wasn’t any great problem.
Then the great lockdown started and my car was stuck in Germany for the duration.

Thankfully, I didn’t have to get Dad to a hospital or GP appointment but shopping was a pain in the fundament.
The local supermarket is pretty small but they use every inch of space efficiently and have been remarkable during the lockdown, but it has to be said that they don’t have everything and trips into town by train had to be endured. There’s a substantial walk at either end of the train journey which isn’t too bad if you’re not carrying shopping.

Anyway, fast forward to this week. After four months without a car I finally collected my new vehicle on Tuesday.
After what seemed an age they sorted out the paperwork, registered it with DVLA and handed me the keys.
Because of all the Covid 19 precautions I couldn’t be accompanied on a familiarisation drive so had to make my own arrangements.
Having started the thing (keyless ignition) and moved off, the first thing I did was check the brakes.

There’s no point it persuading it to move if you can’t persuade it to stop.
Having driven it a few yards to the main road I was faced with the choice of routing via the town centre or taking the longer route around the ring road.
I chose the longer route as I had no intention of making a right turn in a (very) unfamiliar vehicle.

Anyway, I got it home without any problems and drove it on a shopping trip yesterday but I think it will be a while before I am used to it.
There are bells and whistles on it of which, as yet, I do not understand the purpose, and some that I understand but am unlikely to use, but I think I’ve mastered the basics.
One particular feature that I find useful is the digital display which indicates the gear in use and gives you a ‘nudge’ when it is time to change up.

I shall now retire with the 400 page manual (I’m not joking) and reflect on a very long four months!

PS I've just realised that I composed the above without using the word 'happy'.
I am! That is all you need to know!

Last edited by Carruthers; 07-02-2020 at 02:07 PM.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #12630
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
...without using the word 'happy'.
I am! That is all you need to know!
I'm happy you're happy w/your new car. New car, WOOT!!!

And kudos for keeping the manual transmission alive!