The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 03-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

French underclass girls routinely raped and brutalized

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...men_ghettos_dc

As we have previously seen, an underclass of girls, this time in France, is objectified through rapes and beatings as radical Islam moves in. One girl who refused to be raped was doused with gas and burned to death. Girls in French suburbs are terrified.

The obvious response of using force to prevent attacks, and becoming intolerant of a obviously fucked-up culture is nowhere to be found in the article. It's just not the European way. Instead, they have sociologists on the case:

"It's a vicious circle. Boys are getting more and more macho and girls, who prefer gentleness and sensitivity, reject that," [one sociologist] said. "The boys get frustrated and sex attacks happen. Making a stand will help change things, but it won't be overnight."

Note the passive voice "sex attacks happen." Yeah, according to this guy, they just happen. There isn't any cultural connection, because sociologists are trained to look for that kind of thing and this guy hasn't found one. It's just a matter of preferences.

Note how the girls are considered partially responsible.

And now you'll have to excuse me, as I'm going to vomit.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 01:48 PM   #2
smoothmoniker
to live and die in LA

those who believe that mainstream muslim culture has shed its misogyny and vitriolic hatred, please visit the following websites and read some of the downthreads regarding marriage, relationships, and cultural mores:

www.islam.com

www.islam.org

See how the "modern, western" muslims in Europe and Orange County think and speak in their own communities.

-sm
smoothmoniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Re: French underclass girls routinely raped and brutalized

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
[ "The boys get frustrated and sex attacks happen. Making a stand will help change things, but it won't be overnight."
The most effective "stand" against sexual assault isn't available in "civilized" France, of course.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 08:45 PM   #4
dave

Holy Christ on a cracker! I was watching this TV show last night, "Real Crime Quiz" or something like that on TLC. They have all these situations that are based on real life - an abductor in the night, someone breaking into your house, someone taking a bar hostage (and you're one of the hostages)... and they have all the options. 1) Do what the attacker says, 2) tell him he's crazy, 3) Attack him with a spoon.

Where is 4) Shoot the fucking idiot in the head ? It's ridiculous that a woman has to physically engage a drug-crazed maniac who's broken into her house and is about to kill her husband instead of pulling out a gun and shooting him in the back. Good lord.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:06 PM   #5
jaguar
whig

That's an interesting one.
Consdiering the racial tension in france in recent time i'm not too shcoked the article takes such a weak line, newspapers don't want to get involved in racial slinging matches. At the same time i'm suprised it's not become more of a rallying point for some of the more vocal quite-far right groups like - ah shit what's his name the guy that did well in the first round at the last French elections.

This is also part of a larger issue in Paris, these no-go suburbs are huge and ugly as hell, the cops don't go there apart from in APC-type vehicles. It's just one symptom of what are basically ghettos. Islam is part of it but not the be-all end all either.

At the same time i agree, it's quite possibly time to doll out the 9mms
Old 03-04-2003, 12:43 AM   #6
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Not that this would be any better happening in say, downtown Tehran or Baghdad, that this story is from Paris is in many ways more frightening. Actually, the events could be occuring in nearly any European capital.

The likelihood that such events would start occuring outside of the 'ghetto' communities is an ever-present risk.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 05:39 AM   #7
jaguar
whig

Yes and no. You have to understand these places are real no-go zones, last time i was in Paris i went near one of these places, it was like a riot passes though once a week, burnt out cars, crap everywhere, anything not made of solid concrete was wrecked and anything that was had graffiti on it.

They're basically writeoff suburbs, you may as well put a wall around them and ignore them, it's the way it seems to be.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:05 AM   #8
Griff
still says videotape

To me sitting on my keister in America the question is: How do we make sure this never becomes common place here?

1) the easy one Equality before the law. If you come to America your wife and daughter will have rights and advocates.

2) secure the borders- female illegal immigrants are going to avoid using the law, creating subcultures like that of France.

3) decide what kind of immigrant we're looking for. Do we want folks who'll turn the saftey net into a hammock? What countries would we prefer immigrants come from? Do we wish to remain Western? the answer is yes

The last two scare the crap out of me but we pretend to do these things now. Why not actually do it or stop faking it.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:24 AM   #9
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I guess. Also,

Basic rule of law - police the damn place, allow private security to police the place, or allow the citizens to police themselves; charge the bad guys relentlessly.

As far as #2 secure the borders, use the INS (now under Homeland Security) punitively: if you behave badly, we track that. If you behave really badly, you can never become a citizen and you have to leave. If your children behave badly you have to leave with them. Don't permit bureaucracy to mess this up.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 10:22 PM   #10
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Obviously, we don't want to see this sorta thing here. But with what appears to be a swing towards more fundamental values in this country, could we wind up seeing shit like this, only acted out differently?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 11:53 PM   #11
jaguar
whig

You could end up with a fundamentalist in power who's such a fanaticial 'christian' he wants to throw a cloth of the statue of justice!
*ducks*