The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 02-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #76
imprint
Questionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Let the battle royale begin! There can be only one!!!
this is no battle for dov or myself. dov is simply frightened because he knows what is inevitable. have you read his poetry shown here? they are the sad confused words of a man who is dying to be born again. dov, I will help you and your family to not be afraid. dov, do not drown your sorrow in rain or wine. walk away from the thickness of night and into the light. please read the bible. let me help you listen to truth!
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #77
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

I have head the only book that matters on the subject "The Holy Bible-KJV" backwards and forwards. I cannot figure out the question as posed by dov or imprint. It says to beware of false teachings and prophets in the end times. The present President of Iran has said that he in going to nuke Israel. Based on past actions of the Israeli government, Iran will lose their nuke plant soon.
Color me a disbeliever, but can you name your sources please?
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #78
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargon
I have read the only book that matters on the subject "The Holy Bible-KJV" backwards and forwards.
What does it say backwards?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #79
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

The end is nigh?
Old 02-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #80
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
Israel will make a deal, not direcly with Robertson but some crony of his.
You are mistaken. There was a coalition of parties proposing this resort complex and the Israelis made it very clear that Robertson personally and none of his companies were to have anything further to do with the negotiations or to participate in any profits. There will be nothing further discussed until he is gone gone gone, and Robertson's insincere apology didn't get him anything. They delivered a kick in the nuts to that blowhard biggot, and I'd expect nothing else of any Sabra.

And Dov, Robertson is no more the spokesman and poster child of the Evangelicals in this country than you are of The Cellar. Thank God.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #81
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

What's God got to do with it?
Old 02-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #82
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

I'm sure Dov will tell us, put on your boots
Old 02-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #83
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Da Vinci Code is FICTION, and written as FICTION. Come on dov/imprint or what ever personality you are using at the moment give us something we can use as a basis for examination, not some story albeit good about the end times. I would like to discuss this with you cellar style, instead of name calling, and talk of secret societies aka mormons, masons, iluminiti, whatever. We enjoy lively debate here, so debate don't accuse.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #84
marichiko

Well, I googled the question, and yeah, there is a contingent of whacko's who espouse the beliefs Dov has outlined for us. Of course, you can find a contingent of whacko's who believe most anything you care to imagine and much you wouldn't!

So, who knows? Maybe Imprint is one of those people who read all those novels about the "end of the days" and actually believes that stuff. I mean, Imprint thinks Walmart is a sterling example of free American enterprise and that anybody who doesn't have a job where they pull down at least $50,000/year deserves to be an object of derision or dogfood - whichever comes first. So, we all know how bright Imprint is.

Yeah, I think we should be concerned that we have a president who is a BAC with Messianic delusions. Its damn spooky - and not just for the Jews - for ALL of us!
Old 02-03-2006, 05:53 AM   #85
FallenFairy
nope

Fargon is correct. Dan Brown's books are FICTION. that was the point of my post.

dov - Are you refering to Dominionism?? The conspiracy theory that purports that Modern day Christian Anarchists will overthrow the US Gov't and put in place a new gov't based on the Old Testament? And then proceed to take over the world to bring about the end times?

if you want to sway or instruct you must reveal your sources...
I am happy to reveal mine - The Bible - New American Standard.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #86
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

That's very interesting, FallenFairy, because you just described the blueprint the Mormon Church was guarding in the 1890's for the United States of America. We lucked out because the trigger event, namely the Second Coming of Joseph Smith to kick off the party, didn't happen as scheduled. To make the best of the situation, Church leaders instructed the faithful to hide the plural wives and Utah went for statehood instead.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:48 PM   #87
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

um....RE: the above. have we entered the TWILIGHT ZONE yet?

i'm wondering...
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #88
marichiko

If you are referring to Tonchi's post re the Mormons and Utah, Bri, the Twilight Zone begins at the Colorado/Utah border near a little town called Paradox. There's uranium tailings everywhere and cows drinking water out of settling ponds with radio-active warnings and EPA notices. Your car radio will be playing:
a) Beethoven's 5th Sympathy courtesy the magnificent Colorado Public Broadcasting Station
b) "Mamma's don't let your baby's grow up to be cowboys" on KRZX - MUSTANG Country Radio!
c) The top 40 all time greatest hits of the Navajo Nation - sung in Navajo with accompanying drums and rattles

You speed past the "Last Chance to Likker Quicker" Store and over the state line into arid, Moroni fearing Utah. 50 miles into Utah, you'll hit the first sign of human life, a town with the unlikely name of Monticello. The Bank of Zion stands prominently across from the LDS church where they won't give water from their outside tap to anyone with out of state of plates. Beer is unheard of, and bigamy is more common than any outsider realizes. Drive south of Monticello to the dry gypsum flats and build yourself a little campfire out there and wait for the Rapture. I'm predicting God goes after Monticello first.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #89
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

Yup, but Mormons do not qualify as BAC unless you take them at face value that their souls will be recycled constantly back into the same family until the (men only) ones reach godhood themselves - oh never mind, it just keeps getting weirder. Just let's say that any Mormon who became BAC would be excommunicated. What I was explaining previously was that Brigham Young and his successor truly believed in a "Millenial Religion", they believed it would all be over before the year 1900 rolled around and the Mormon Church would be fully in charge of the entire USA at that point, to usher in the (their) Kingdom of God. See, you don't have to listen only to the looneys we have around right now to come up with these kinds of crackpot prophesies.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #90
marichiko

No, strictly speaking, Mormons aren't BAC, but the difference is more taxonomical than it is anatomical. The mindset is the same. Both groups beleive in a coming apocalypse of some sort where only those who believe as they beleive - the "true believers" - will be saved. Both groups are wary of outsiders and tend to be exclusive rather than inclusive. Like the lady at the world center for prayer who asked if I was "saved" and then sent me around to the back entrance when I informed her that I was Buddhist. Oh, yeah, there's always an apocalypse on the horizon somewhere. I loved Bergman's film "The Seventh Seal" and the knight who played chess with Death. Everything was supposed to go toast in 1000 AD. Better luck next time, I guess.

Last edited by marichiko; 02-03-2006 at 09:29 PM.