The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 08-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #9391
dmg1969
I got nothing

I got yelled at once for being in the "10 items or less" express lane. I had like 15 items and, like Clodfobble, got called over from another line by the clerk. "I'll help you over here, sir".

I'm unloading my stuff onto the conveyor when this snotty bitch comes up behind me and says "that doesn't look like 10 items or less". She caught me in a foul mood after a shitty day at work and not wanting to stop at the store, but the wife insisted. You should have seen her face when I quietly asked her "what are you...you fucking grocery police?". I only said it loud enough her for her and the clerk (who was trying not to laugh hysterically) to hear. My day got a whole lot better after that.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #9392
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

All us Walmarter-after-work people want are these considerations:

1) If you have all day to grocery shop, how about not doing it when people are rushing home trying to end their work day? Or from noon to 1? If you have all day, why go, with 5 rugrats in tow, when the rat racers are just trying to get something for dinner and get home?

2)If you're not buying cigarettes, don't take 423 items into the only lane that walmart allows cigarette sales. In fact, I think people using that line and not buying cigs should have a surcharge attached. (This is Wally World's fault, really, but I've seen 2 giant carts take up a half hour or so of checking out in that lane, not buying smokes, and I have a case of diet coke and a can of cat food and I need cigarettes. I suspect it's part of a Walmart Morality Stance: the harder we make it for you to get your slightly more expensive smokes the more we poo-poo all you heathen smokers.)

imho
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #9393
glatt

I had no idea they make you go in a special line for smokes. Why do they do that?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #9394
infinite monkey

It's Walmart. They know what's best for us.

I haven't yet seen lines for Hostess products and Frito-lay products. Though the checkout lanes might be wider, to compensate.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #9395
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Usually it's because the cigarettes are locked up to prevent theft, so you have to go to the lane that's got the big rack of cigarettes above it that the clerk can get out for you.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #9396
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
All us Walmarter-after-work people want are these considerations:

1) If you have all day to grocery shop, how about not doing it when people are rushing home trying to end their work day? Or from noon to 1? If you have all day, why go, with 5 rugrats in tow, when the rat racers are just trying to get something for dinner and get home?

2)If you're not buying cigarettes, don't take 423 items into the only lane that walmart allows cigarette sales. In fact, I think people using that line and not buying cigs should have a surcharge attached. (This is Wally World's fault, really, but I've seen 2 giant carts take up a half hour or so of checking out in that lane, not buying smokes, and I have a case of diet coke and a can of cat food and I need cigarettes. I suspect it's part of a Walmart Morality Stance: the harder we make it for you to get your slightly more expensive smokes the more we poo-poo all you heathen smokers.)

imho
Wait, what is somone with a job doing at Walmart?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #9397
infinite monkey

Hey! I saw about half the nouveau-riche there this weekend. 3 separate factions from the city workers who hit the mega-mill, shopping at the Wally World.

I don't have a problem with that, though if I had an extra mil or two (or actually, they each got 6) lying around I'd probably move on up to the KRoger.

What gets me is WHY WOULD YOU STAY IN THIS GODFORSAKEN TOWN? (I'm sorry, was I yelling?) I might visit but I'd be living elsewhere, for sure.

One of them hangs out at this bar that I go to maybe once a month or so. He had two shares of the split because he "bought a ticket for his mother" and I heard he bought her a car and kept the rest. And he still hangs at the bars in this sad little town.

Besides, if an old woman such as me wants to feel really hawt, she only need hang out at the Walmart for a while.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #9398
infinite monkey

OH, and walmart is really only my default because my bank branch is in there and since I can't do an hour and a half round trip on my lunch hour to run important banking errands, and these branches are open until 7...it's just really convenient.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #9399
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Usually it's because the cigarettes are locked up to prevent theft, so you have to go to the lane that's got the big rack of cigarettes above it that the clerk can get out for you.
Kroger locks them up too, but if you're 6 lanes away they'll get them for you. One lane over at Wally World? Nope, sorry ma'am. Smoke Nazis.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #9400
John
Operations Operative

John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #9401
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Why your children won't friend you on FB:
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #9402
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Why your children won't friend you on FB:
That is wrong on so many levels...
Old 08-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #9403
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Kroger locks them up too, but if you're 6 lanes away they'll get them for you. One lane over at Wally World? Nope, sorry ma'am. Smoke Nazis.
Heh, we have Kroger here as well. Super Kroger rocks. And Super Walmart is not to bad either. My bro thinks Walmart is the Devil Incarnate and refuses to shop there.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #9404
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

The 'cigs in the stores' issue can be cleared up very easily.

Need a can of cat food and some smokes?

Here's an idea:

Stop at Minit Mart, instead of the largest, most popular, busiest store in town.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #9405
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

That said, I also hate Walmart.

The last straw for me, finding sheet rock screws hanging out in the aisle with the Velveeta.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor