Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-14-2018, 06:50 PM   #10966
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Oh BigV! Hope you get through to him soon! x
Old 03-28-2018, 07:56 PM   #10967
monster
I hear them call the tide

Just got a medical bill for $10,000 due immediately. This shouldn't be possible. Beest maxed out his deductible back in January, we haven't had to pay anything since then. I think the hospital were so late in billing, the insurance was cancelled so refused to pay when hospital sent bill. Offices closed now, don't even know where to start
Old 03-28-2018, 09:16 PM   #10968
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Just got a medical bill for $10,000 due immediately. This shouldn't be possible. Beest maxed out his deductible back in January, we haven't had to pay anything since then. I think the hospital were so late in billing, the insurance was cancelled so refused to pay when hospital sent bill. Offices closed now, don't even know where to start
Let it sit for a few days. Six months after my folks' passing, I was still getting bills for things that had long since been paid. Modern medicine's billing system is amazingly pathetic.

Just keep copies of everything in chronological order (most recent in front). When the time comes, you can call someone with all your data and shut them down in nothing flat.

In the meantime, have a cuppa and chillax.
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #10969
monster

yeah, I was just venting, but thanks I figured out the place to start is ignoring it I know it's not right, I just dread the dealing with it
Old 03-28-2018, 10:19 PM   #10970
monster

.... despite a bajillion phone calls to prescription companies to confirm the account is closed, the patient is dead and they won't get fucking paid....... Beest is still getting emails telling him drugs are about to ship...... another one today for the super-expensive last ditch chemo pill that didn't work....
Old 03-28-2018, 10:23 PM   #10971
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
.... despite a bajillion phone calls to prescription companies to confirm the account is closed, the patient is dead and they won't get fucking paid....... Beest is still getting emails telling him drugs are about to ship...... another one today for the super-expensive last ditch chemo pill that didn't work....
Stiff upper lip, my friend. This baloney will continue for awhile. Just make a list, check it twice, and tick off each a-hole company in due time.

My particular headache was trying to close all my parents' bank, checking, and store accounts. It's like I had to have a note from my dead mother to get a few of them to shut things down and call it done.

*smh*
Old 03-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #10972
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

To be fair, I would like it to be hard for someone to close my account and take all my money.

Have you heard of chemo donation programs, monster? They may not be legal where you are (or anywhere anymore, for that matter,) but the idea is that instead of flushing, whatever pills you have leftover can be donated to someone who needs treatment but has no insurance.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:49 PM   #10973
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
To be fair, I would like it to be hard for someone to close my account and take all my money.
Even when you have a POA and a death certificate? As I have learned, a POA means next to nothing, and every creditor demands an original death cert - at $25 a pop.

*sigh*
Old 03-29-2018, 02:19 PM   #10974
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
Even when you have a POA and a death certificate? As I have learned, a POA means next to nothing, and every creditor demands an original death cert - at $25 a pop.

*sigh*
you buy death certs in bulk here and they're only $5 each then
Old 03-29-2018, 02:42 PM   #10975
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post

*sigh*
I'm going to speak up for the creditors here - the laws governing data protection in the financial sector, certainly in the UK and Europe, but I imagine in the US too, are very strict and there are good reasons for that to be so.

It's a pain in the proverbial, and no doubt there could be some streamlining of the processes involved, but those protections are a necessary evil and in some cases hard won against the prevailing attitudes of the financial industries.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:47 PM   #10976
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
...chemo donation programs, monster? They may not be legal where you are (or anywhere anymore, for that matter,) but the idea is that instead of flushing, whatever pills you have leftover can be donated to someone who needs treatment but has no insurance.
Auntiedigr's husband died on a Friday. "The Authorities" came for his prescription painkillers the next Tuesday.

Fuck cancer.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:13 PM   #10977
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
I'm going to speak up for the creditors here - the laws governing data protection in the financial sector, certainly in the UK and Europe, but I imagine in the US too, are very strict and there are good reasons for that to be so.

It's a pain in the proverbial, and no doubt there could be some streamlining of the processes involved, but those protections are a necessary evil and in some cases hard won against the prevailing attitudes of the financial industries.
I get all of that, but I'd prefer that creditors put more energy into making it harder to open fraudulent accounts with fake IDs, instead of fighting against closing legit accounts because the owner died.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:29 PM   #10978
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Auntiedigr's husband died on a Friday. "The Authorities" came for his prescription painkillers the next Tuesday.

Fuck cancer.
Well...... I finally got to sleep around noon the day after he died (just before midnight) and my phone rang an hour later to let me know they'd be here in ten minutes to collect the wheelchair (that we never used) and walking frame (used twice).

But they can they rent them to someone else for more charges. The drugs, they keep sending for more charges and just tell me to toss them.

I could fund my widowhood through the shit I have here.... Working on a donation to the local VA but it's so complex :/ They need a lot of paperwork to verify it all....

My doc told me to donate the super expensive meds I had after my stroke when they decided actually I didn't need the after all... but the procedure was so complex when I really didn't need stuff like that I gave up.

We also heard that local animal shelters can use some of the supplies that come with all the chemo stuff -sterile mats, saline syringes etc. They weren't interested.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:34 PM   #10979
monster

Long Story, but anon donor paid for food at beest's funeral thing.

1) I needed to do it.

they took that from me. I knew i wanted to do it. (the swim community offered and I was working up to accept graciously, ecause I know they need to do something to help them grieve, but it was hard....) ...now I know I needed to do it. My husband. My goodbye.

2) I think I know who it is and they have an agenda. A documented Indian Giver

I talked to three friends about it independently (online). And two came up with the same name and all agree.

The whole thing feels soiled now

I know I'm an ungrateful biatch who can't take an intended complement. But here I'm allowed to be. This is not a well meaning individual.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:22 PM   #10980
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

That sucks. You have every right to be pissed off and upset.

That said - try your best not to let that be the takeaway. It was still your goodbye - because it just was - regardless of who paid for what. Don't let them have this. This is yours and his and they don't get to take it from you just because they paid a cheque.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss