The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 03-11-2020, 12:12 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

March 11th, 2020 : Lucy

No, not I love Lucy. The Margate NJ, Elephant Lucy we discussed before, but I can't find it at the moment and neither can Google.
The old girl has made a step up(or down in some opinions) from a vacation destination to an Airbnb destination.
$134 or $138 a night, depending on who you believe, for 2 people only, (wanna take the kid, one of you stays home) and very
limited dates which went on sale March 5th and are sold out for 2020.
While searching for the link I found out it was just 3 days at the end of March.

Translated by Google from Victoria era Elephant...
Quote:
Sometimes there’s an elephant in the room. In my case, the elephant is the room! I’m Lucy, a 138-year-old wooden elephant who calls the Jersey Shore home. I take pride in being one of the last of my kind, with tourists still flocking to see me every year, delighting young and old generations alike. I am a National Historic Landmark and the oldest roadside attraction in America -- older than even the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower in Paris!

Quote:
I’ve seen a lot in my years watching over the Jersey coastline, and since I never forget (obviously, I’m an elephant), I’ve got plenty of stories to share with curious guests. As you step inside my walls (and up 25 steps), you’ll be transported back in time to the 1800s, where you will feel the Victorian Era come alive.
Located in the heart of the Jersey Shore, just five miles from world famous Atlantic City, I stand “Jersey strong” at six stories high — you can’t miss me! I’m an old soul with a young heart, and I love having visitors over, especially when kids grow up and bring their families. I hosted my first stay in 1902, and over the years, I’ve been a tavern and hosted a United States President. Today, I’m one of the Shore’s most recognizable faces.

Quote:
Guest access
Upon arrival, and after you store your clothing in the antique trunk (not to be confused with my trunk), the grand bed, sculptures, and vibrant flower arrangements will take you right back to the Victorian era. Then, you’ll experience some of the best perks the Jersey Shore has to offer! I, for one, prefer dining on peanuts. But you can look forward to some delicious meals from the Shore’s best local chefs and bakeries.
And after taking in a beautiful view of my favorite neighbor, the shoreline, you can try your hand at a game of chess while enjoying a refreshment from the stocked bar cart. There might even be some other local goodies thrown in while you’re here!

Quote:
Other things to note
To celebrate this historic stay, Airbnb will make a donation to the Save Lucy Committee, supporting efforts to keep me looking great so that new generations of families can visit me for years to come. I’m all about fun and games - as you’ll see my toenails have a colorful set of polish, my interior has a fun eclectic Victorian vibe and iconic views to boot! However, I am rather historic – and if I do say so myself, important – so please make sure we’re all respectful and on the same page during your stay. Guests staying in my walls agree to abide by the rules detailed in the listing.
Better luck next year, unless they open it again in the fall.

link