The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #76
glatt

On a hunch, I did a Google image search for Sandra Fluke. I figured there might be some "motivational posters" about her.

Here's a bit of what I found. The Freepers and dittoheads have been having fun. Rush tells them what to think, and they fall over themselves to follow his lead.

Name:  Sandra_Fluke_1.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  56.4 KB
Name:  Sandra_Fluke_2.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  57.2 KB
Name:  sandra-fluke-3.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  29.6 KB
Name:  sandra20fluke202_0-2.jpg
Views: 1574
Size:  64.6 KB

This is just a small sample of what's out there.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #77
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

If Sandra Fluke is so terrible, you'd think they'd give her all the free contraceptives she wanted just to keep her from reproducing.

How about that Ann Romney jumping on the bandwagon and telling everyone she doesn't consider herself wealthy so she won't lose free contraceptives either.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #78
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
How about that Ann Romney jumping on the bandwagon and telling everyone she doesn't consider herself wealthy so she won't lose free contraceptives either.
Bzzzzzzzzzzzt! False.

Read the actual quote:
Quote:
Those that are suffering from M.S. or cancer or any disease I feel like I want to throw my arms open and say,
welcome to my family and welcome to the place where I've been and, so, you know, we can be poor in spirit and I don't look --
I don't even consider myself wealthy, which is an interesting thing. It can be here today and gone tomorrow,
and how I measure riches is by the friends I have and the loved ones I have and the people I care about in my life
and that is where my values are and those are my riches so for me having done through a difficult period in my life
both with M.S. and with breast cancer it has done something to my heart and it's softened my heart
and made me realize there are many people suffering in this country and they are suffering from things that aren't financial --
and some people are suffering from things that are financial, as well -- but those that are suffering, for me,
I just have a larger capacity for love, and for understanding."
Still feel the same?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #79
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

She's saying she has no friends?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #80
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

@classic,

Yes, I still feel the same, my statement was a joke just like my other statement above it.

Last edited by sexobon; 03-08-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: clarity
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #81
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

That quote from AR seems like a stream of consciousness that she forgot was falling out of her mouth. I kept waiting for her to come to her point...but she never really did. I can sort of assume what it is, but I could be wrong.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #82
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon
(even though I've seen Codfobble's brain before morning coffee in a first drat reply)
It's true, I realized I had completely misunderstood your post and changed my reply accordingly. This is why some people think I'm smart, it's because they're not as quick to click on new posts as you are.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #83
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Or maybe it says something about the (alleged) intelligence of the people who consider you smart?

We'll stop there before we get to the people who consider you sexy.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #84
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

back to Rush Limbaugh ...

I was going to post on this subject in the humor thread, or the tasteless jokes thread with the punch line about his apology delivered by the head ditto himself: "It wasn't personal."

ha ha ha

I laughed myself sick over that one.

she's a slut, she's a prostitute, and since we're all paying for your sex, video tape it and send me a copy.

or words to that effect. That sounds really personal to me.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #85
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Ah but it wasn't. In order for it to be personal, Rush would have to give a shit about her, which he clearly doesn't. The only reason she was used, is because she was the one testifying. The whole tirade was against Obamacare, the left, Democrats, et al.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #86
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The whole tirade was against Obamacare, the left, Democrats, et al.
Ah, but it wasn't. He went after her personally, not the policy of covering birth control on your insurance. That's the whole problem. He thought that what he said wasnt personal... it WAS.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #87
classicman

Same as Maher and Shultz... they're all media WHORES!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #88
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I've been saying this for years, now this woman is writing legislation about it. She's my new hero. Thanks for the article, c-man!

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...second-opinion

Quote:
I’m fed up over all this concern, consideration and conversation over the feeble and fragile minds of women who are unable to make decisions on their own,” Turner said. “I thought it was time to show our men some love and some regulation. It was time to level the playing field for all.”

Turner said she started working on SB 307 about three weeks ago, and made sure the language mimicked the abortion legislation.

Turner’s bill would require doctors to get a second opinion from a psychological professional to verify that a patient has a medical reason for the medication.

It also would require doctors to inform patients in writing of the risks involved in taking the drugs; require that records about prescriptions for erectile dysfunction be retained in a patient’s file for at least seven years; and require men to sign a document acknowledging the risks of taking the medication, just like the anti-abortion bill does, she said.

Turner said she has received hundreds of supportive of her cause since she introduced the bill on Tuesday. She said she expected her bill to pass, just like the Heartbeat Bill did in the Ohio House in June.

“By implementing more intensive screenings before prescribing the medication and requiring outpatient educational services, we can do more to prevent the potential side effects linked to PDE-5 inhibitors,” Turner said in a press release announcing the bill. “We must advocate for the traditional family, protect the sanctity of procreation and ensure that all men using PDE-5 inhibitors are healthy, stable, and educated about their options -- including celibacy as a viable life choice. This legislation will do just that.”

Bwaaahahahaaaaaaa! Brilliant lady! Let's watch this go over like a lead balloon. I said recently that if men were subject to sneaky cancer like Ovarian cancer they would move heaven and earth to find better ways to detect and treat it. We ain't come that far, baby.

So yes, make the men jump through all sorts of hoops to get their Boner Pill. Really, think of their health. We must watch out for them.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #89
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Same as Maher and Shultz...
Only if you accept Limbaugh's premise that the only things he said wrong was two words.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #90
classicman

Nope - sorry. All three of them did the same thing.
Rush is just getting way more attention from it.