The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-14-2006, 01:44 AM   #46
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Tonight was one of those truly interesting nights ... not the regular nut business, though. That was pretty run of the mill.

One of my cop buddies showed up just to show off some pictures. Completed suicide, residence awash in blood ... wouldn't be really remarkable, except that the guy had been dead for a month.

No, I didn't get copies. Sorry.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:54 AM   #47
seakdivers
Icy Queen

grrrrooooooossssss!!!!!
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:51 AM   #48
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Did he bottle the smell, too?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #49
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Tonight was one of those truly interesting nights ... not the regular nut business, though. That was pretty run of the mill.

One of my cop buddies showed up just to show off some pictures. Completed suicide, residence awash in blood ... wouldn't be really remarkable, except that the guy had been dead for a month.

At one point I took a class in crime scene photography at a well known forensic school. For a while I thought it would be a good alternate career. Then I thought about all the images and smells I'd rather not have rattling around in my memory. I bet a little goes a long way.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:02 AM   #50
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Glad it was just pics, and not "scratch-n-snif".

Say, wolf...I hope you weren't along for this ride. But you're not involved with the in-patents there, as I recall...

Funny how the Times Herald got though the entire article without actually mentioning NSH by name.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #51
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Not one of my patients, that's the actual state hospital.

Reporter could have been confused about which sub program on the grounds the patient came from. I did find it interesting that they didn't name the patient. That's rare.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 06-16-2006, 10:35 PM   #52
BabbleOn5
Refugee

When I worked as an ocean lifeguard in southern CA, we had a "dead" book of all the corpses that had rolled up on the beach. It was my favorite.

Quote:

BabbleOn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:44 AM   #53
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Welcome to the Cellar, BabbleOn5.
I guess that book didn't have many autographed pictures.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #54
wolf
lobber of scimitars

A family brought a lady in last night. She was not really wanting to see the doctor, but agreed, just to please her family. My assistant came back from his interview, barely able to stutter out, "Oh man, she's crazy." Seems that Jehovah chose her for a mission, and she let my asst. know that he was among the Annointed.

Oh boy.

Probably not the best patient for me to deal with ... she likely had some Old Testament thoughts about witches.

So, I go out. She turns out to be the nicest person I've ever dealt with that was that far out there. She kept making reference to a variety of Bible stories that I don't remember, but luckily she believed that I was part of the tests from Jehovah, because although I knew the stories, of course, I wanted to make sure she understood them properly.

Oh, and I'm one of the Annointed too. Because of this her Angels told her to tell me everything, so I was able to complete my interview.

The Mission from Jehovah, is that this lovely young lady has been sent from Heaven to bring about the End of the World.

Everybody better get your affairs in order, because it's happening sooner than we thought.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #55
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Thanks for the heads up. Will we still have time for the last night of the local high school performance of West Side Story tomorrow?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:51 PM   #56
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by limey
Thanks for the heads up. Will we still have time for the last night of the local high school performance of West Side Story tomorrow?
???

When you're a Celt,
You're a Celt all the way
From your first dish of Haggis
To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Celt,
If the spit hits the fan,
You got Clansmen around,
You're a family man!

You're never alone,
You're never disaffected!
You're home with your own:
When company's expected,
You're well protected!

Then you are set
With a capital C,
Which you'll never forget
Till they cart you away.
When you're a Celt,
You stay a Celt!
Old 06-24-2006, 12:48 AM   #57
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey
That should be fine. Don't expect them to have an exceptionally long run, though. Jehovah is working on a short schedule right now. Many pressing deadlines.

Old 06-24-2006, 01:50 AM   #58
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
A family brought a lady in last night. She was not really wanting to see the doctor, but agreed, just to please her family. My assistant came back from his interview, barely able to stutter out, "Oh man, she's crazy." Seems that Jehovah chose her for a mission, and she let my asst. know that he was among the Annointed.

Oh boy.

Probably not the best patient for me to deal with ... she likely had some Old Testament thoughts about witches.

So, I go out. She turns out to be the nicest person I've ever dealt with that was that far out there. She kept making reference to a variety of Bible stories that I don't remember, but luckily she believed that I was part of the tests from Jehovah, because although I knew the stories, of course, I wanted to make sure she understood them properly.

Oh, and I'm one of the Annointed too. Because of this her Angels told her to tell me everything, so I was able to complete my interview.

The Mission from Jehovah, is that this lovely young lady has been sent from Heaven to bring about the End of the World.

Everybody better get your affairs in order, because it's happening sooner than we thought.

Great job, Wolf. That is "active listening" at it's best. Seriously, good job.

But, I don't understand, if it's the end of the world, why do I need to get my affairs in order? It's only if the world continues do I have to have things straight when my time is over.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:52 AM   #59
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I have some other balls in play, so to speak, to try to fend off the end of the world.

Be just and fear not.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #60
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Be just and fear not.
On the other hand, you might want to get your affiars in order, damn the torpedoes, praise God and pass the ammunition!