The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-26-2006, 07:15 PM   #76
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

THIRD PARTY

Rush Limbaugh is interesting to listen to...
He definately represents the small portion of extremely stupid extreme right. Although he is widely listened too, even staunch Republicans. ie my father and ex-UIL teacher, don't agree with many of his opinions but they listen mainly for the shock factor and his anti-leftism commentary.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:21 PM   #77
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by warch
Idealist.
Wrong. I'm a realist. I am well versed in the conventional wisdom you advocate, I just take a longer view.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #78
Brett's Honey
whatever

I haven't been following politics and these issues closely enough lately to comment with many facts or knowledge, but I do know one thing - I do know for sure that at least a couple of Rush Limbaugh's comments are taken out of context, which completely changes them implication or meaning of what is being said. So that is probably true of others, too.....like I said, i haven't followed close enough lately...
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #79
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett's Honey
I do know for sure that at least a couple of Rush Limbaugh's comments are taken out of context, which completely changes them implication or meaning of what is being said.
This is the engineer in me. If you 'know' and then summarize what you 'know', then why did you not post what you 'know'? Statements without underlying facts and numbers are how liars lie. You just posted using classic Rush Limbaugh logic. You did not provide the underlying examples - the reasons why - or why you 'know'. Therefore the entire post tells us nothing.

Rush 'knew' Michael J Fox was faking. Do I now assume you 'know' using the same logic – using same reasoning?

Brett's Honey - a post with your name on it logically does exactly what Rush Limbaugh does to promote lies. Did you do that to be intentionally facetious? Were you mocking Rush Limbaugh’s logic techniques? Or do you not understand why his diatribes were no different when he was doing drugs?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:22 PM   #80
Flint
Snowflake

I don't mean to sound like I'm right and you guys are wrong. I hear what you are saying, I understand it, and I even agree with it. And then, over and above that, I have a higher priority that I can't ignore: I know that we can never become disentangled from the entrenched two-party system if we simply choose not to. And I know that there will never be a convenient time for it. Not now, not next time around, not ever.

Will it hurt, in the short-term? Oh God, yes. I cringe at the thought of us continuing in the direction we are headed. And, there are just as many people who feel great about the direction we are headed, and cringe at the thought of the other guys getting in charge. In a few years, the positions will reverse. Back and forth, back and forth, we teeter-totter down an inevitable pre-determined path, with no real alternative ever being considered. Because we vote from fear.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:33 PM   #81
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Sounds like you vote from fear too.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #82
morethanpretty

Rush is often sarcastic in his show. So yes many quotes are prolly out of context and therefore not the actually meaning of what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
Wake up and reject them both. Vote independent. Vote third party. Vote "none of the above" when it comes to Democrats and Republicans:
Just vote Third Party!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #83
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
Sounds like you vote from fear too.
Ironic, isn't it? I just subscribe to a fear I prefer over the pre-packaged variety.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:53 PM   #84
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty
Just vote Third Party!
Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #85
morethanpretty

Just an example of one of those third parties we should vote for simply b/c they aren't mainstream.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:21 PM   #86
Flint
Snowflake

So, since Democrats and Republicans are all we've seen in our short lifetimes, it will always be that way, and we should just accept it, because it always has been that way... . . . oh wait - I just scrolled a little further down the page you linked to, and, Gosh, it looks like there has been a whole bunch of political parties in the brief history of this country. Oh, forget it. I'll just vote against the boogey-man that scares me the most.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #87
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint
I'll just vote against the boogey-man that scares me the most.
Good. I knew you would come around.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #88
morethanpretty

I vote for the individual not the party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Washington
All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle, and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels and modified by mutual interests.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:48 PM   #89
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
His point was how liberals trot out sick people to parrot their talking points
ROFL! That wasn't nice, you made milk shoot out of my nose. Of course we all vividly remember how the TERRIBLE LIBERALS used Terry Shciavo trotted out Terry Schiavo for their own twisted purposes.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:40 AM   #90
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoodle
I was listening that day. And you're all full of shit. Now, back to the nipple thread.

His point was how liberals trot out sick people to parrot their talking points, hoping that the sick person will be held infallible because they have a disease. The idea is that if you are against making cloning a constitutional right, you must be against cures for disease. Conservatives want sick people to die.

Liberal media are the foulest batch of users and liars in the history of politics. All sides have done their share, but for pure evil, nothing beats em. Jesse Jackson doesn't want to empower blacks -- his paycheck comes from their misery. And around here, at least, blacks are sick of being told that they are second class humans who can't possibly succeed without the government to break their chains (to the tune of Amazing Grace of course).

Yeah. basically the idea is, they send out a sick person who says something. If you disagree with what is said, you are against life, health, and Michael J Fox. Fuck democrats and their sleaze.
You might be interested to know that a Republican used Micheal J.Fox during his 2004 campaign.

Do I see some egg on faces?