The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 09-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #16
Philygreen
Carpe Dieum

I love the other pictures that you posted and have saved them to my pictures. The landscape is so beautiful, stark and almost foreboding the higher you go but beautiful nonetheless and I have some pics. that I took more than one of basically the same scene and in the few seconds or minutes it took to take another picture the whole look and feel of the scenery had changed. Didn't realise this until I was going through my pictures at home.
Philygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #17
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I'm not sure, but I intend to find out I don't always take notice of streetnames when I go past some of the smaller, out of the way streets. It's a strange village (like most yorkshire villages) because it has clusters of little back-to-back cottages tucked away in the most unlikely places. I keep finding places I didn't know were there and I've lived in the centre of the village for a few years now and down at Stump Cross for ten years.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #18
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
I took more than one of basically the same scene and in the few seconds or minutes it took to take another picture the whole look and feel of the scenery had changed. Didn't realise this until I was going through my pictures at home.
I find that quite often when I've been traipsing about along the sheep trails just taking a bunch of snaps of the same view just slight changes of angle. Because the sky is so immediately present, when it changes colour or cloud formation it totally alters the light and everything looks different.

Here's a winter view from halfway down the hill from the centre of Northowram village down the lane to Stump Cross:

http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12481
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:03 AM   #19
rkzenrage

DAMN!
That was not at ALL what I was hoping for when I saw the thread title.

Beautiful country though, you are very fortunate.