Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 05-04-2003, 11:54 PM   #16
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Re: I am me, not capitalist running dog

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
Although I wear Nike jacket, but my mind and soul is China drgon heart. The blood in my body is Yellow River water.
Billy, this was quite beautifully said! Very poetic.

Quote:
I hope we have a calm and cooperation relation. If Asia is good, the world would be better, is it?
Excellent wishes for the world.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:22 AM   #17
Billy
Professor

I have a long way to learn English

Thank you for your affirmation. In my pratical work I often poor write. My conpany is French company. Thomson Foshan is its branch. The USA RCA is its branch too.

I need inprove my English. Hope you help me.

Thanks!
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 01:26 AM   #18
juju
no one of consequence

I think most Nike products are made in China. So, if anything, wearing the jacket makes him a Chinese patriot. :)

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm very curious about your country. Feel free to ask me questions, too. Well, here goes..

Quote:
The same brand product use the same lable in the whole country. If they use different labels, the customer think they have different quality.
Are you saying that all food is the exact same quality, no matter who produces it? Isn't it better to be able to buy the best quality food?

Are there companies or corporations in China? Or is it all owned by the government? Is food the only thing that's standardized, or are other products standardized as well?

Quote:
In China I can know many things about the USA but the White House secrets. From the media I know the news. I can see the comments and analysis. We have many media to report outside news and things. The China open to the world.
What do you think of the "Great Firewall of China"? Are there any websites that you're unable to visit? I hear that China mostly blocks access to political sites. Do they also censor political books? How do you learn about other forms of government if the government prevents access to information on them?

If you say something against the government, will you be thrown in prison? For example, if you were in a crowded public area and started shouting, "I love democracy! Down with communism!", what would happen? Would it be a reenactment of the 1989 Tianamen Square incident?

What do you think of Falun Gong?
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 06:45 AM   #19
Billy
Professor

New free China

Q: Are you saying that all food is the exact same quality, no matter who produces it? Isn't it better to be able to buy the best quality food?

A: The company control the quality before they are sent to market to assure product class. The package food are made by machine. We don't pack the fresh food. It is very difficult to differentiate the fresh food quality. We only can divide them in different class.

Of course, we all want to buy the best quality. In fact you need think about your buy capacity. There are Sunkist orange in super markets. The price is very high. So I can not buy it. I have to buy second class orange. I will choose the low price and second class when I think the second class product is enough good. Not all the people can afford to the best quality food.

Q: Are there companies or corporations in China? Or is it all owned by the government?

A: Are you kidding? Now in China there are millions companies and corporation. I worked in one state company. Now I work in one France-Sino company. Now China government would gradually give the right to the private and outside company.

Q: Is food the only thing that's standardized, or are other products standardized as well?

A: Almost product, including food, are packed and standardized in China now.

Q: What do you think of the "Great Firewall of China"? Are there any websites that you're unable to visit?

A: I think we should build the "Great Firewall of China" to prevent virus, sex to child, privacy. There are many pc to be broken when one virus is popular. Don't we protect our pcs?

There are few websites that we can not visit. The websites mainly is Sex, like playboy because in China we can not assure that young chilren saftely visit websites. They have no ability to decide what you should see.

Q: Do they also censor political books?

A: I don't know if they sensor political books because I don't like political books. So I can not iudge if they control books. But the fact is that you must have application before they publish one book. Then the government may sensor the books. In fact, gorvernment would not master too hard on books.

Q: How do you learn about other forms of government if the government prevents access to information on them?

A: Internet is one good tool. We can communicate with others in forum. There I can know something. I can hear something from friends. Sometimes the gorvernment civil servant talked it to his friends and family. So the news would spread in the people.

Q: If you say something against the government, will you be thrown in prison? For example, if you were in a crowded public area and started shouting, "I love democracy! Down with communism!", what would happen? Would it be a reenactment of the 1989 Tianamen Square incident?

A: We have freedorm to talk agaist view with others. Now I hear few people throen in prison. There are little movement as you say to stay together to pen oppose the gorvernment. You must apply the admission before you have the movement.

It is very difficult to foretell if we will have reenactment of the 1989 Tianamen Square incident again. We would do the fool things if the gorvernment give us freedorm. In fact I feel more free than ago day after day. We are striving for freedom and demmunism by communication with gorvernment.

Q: What do you think of Falun Gong?

A: Fisrt, I tell you that I am very against the Falun Gong. The cause as follow:

1. It is one evil religion. Its soul is that they don't work and God can give things if they just exercise Falun. As you know, if we don't work we have no food to eat. I like Christianism and other religions because they encourage people to help eah other and work hard.

2. They kite money. You must give much money to your header if you want to join. The just give them pieces of paper. I know many people give all their money to headers. The header said that they would be long life if they give teir money to God. The fact is that the people starved.

3. The header outrage women members. The header cheated them that they would be heathy if have sex with headers.

There are many bad thing of Falun Gong. I can not say it in ome time.

The China gorvernment encourage people have religions. My mother is one Buddhism fan. We all support her.

I am glad to answer you. I tell you that you should judge China using your eyes, not only media.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:50 AM   #20
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Billy, I think everyone will ask you political questions because that is the most interesting to us.

How do you get music? Do you mostly listen to radio? Do you buy tapes or discs? Do you share them with others, making tapes of the discs? Do people gather to make music?

In the US and in some other cultures, there is "stand-up comedy". A funny person stands at the front of the room with a microphone and tells jokes and funny stories to entertain. Do you have this in China?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:44 AM   #21
Bitmap
Look who thinks he's clever Dan.

Re: I have a long way to learn English

Quote:
Thank you for your affirmation. In my pratical work I often poor write. My conpany is French company. Thomson Foshan is its branch. The USA RCA is its branch too.

I need inprove my English. Hope you help me.

Thanks!
<i>Here are some simple corrections:</i>
'Thank you for your affirmation. In my pra<b>c</b>tical work I often <b>write poorly</b>. My conpany is <b>A</b> French company. Thomson Foshan is its branch. The USA RCA is its branch too.

I need <b>to</b>* inprove my English. Hope you <b>will</b> help me.

Thanks!'

Your english is great Billy!
*to is used, in this case, like the word 'also'

I'm not too** good at the gramatics, but the corrections I made are just to make it easier to read.

** too is used this way as a modifyer of the word 'good' or another word would be 'very'

Last edited by Bitmap; 05-05-2003 at 10:55 AM.
Bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 10:51 AM   #22
dave

And here are some simple corrections to Bitmap's simple corrections:

'Thank you for your affirmation. In my practical work I often write poorly. My co<b>m</b>pany is <b>a</b> French company. Thomson Foshan is its branch<b>, and RCA is its branch in the USA</b>.

I need <b>to</b> i<b>m</b>prove my English. Hope you will help me.

Thanks!'
Old 05-05-2003, 10:54 AM   #23
Bitmap
Look who thinks he's clever Dan.

um.. yea never mind i don't know this engrish thing very well.
Bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 04:50 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
you are one socitalist running dog
Ha, ha,ha. Good one Billy.
I think half the things I buy are made in China. It seems that all the things that use to come from Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, The Phillipines and all the other Asian countries now come from China.
You certainly have the labor force and the quality of the products has improved tremendously. Probably due to investment in technology by China and foreign companies.
It's hard for we westerners to understand how the Chinese could welcome the oppression of communism. But I think that's because most people don't understand how the Chinese suffered at the hands of the the British opium lords, the Japanese war lords, and the other foreign pressures.
It would be nice to have the Koreans reunited but I don't know if it is possible without one side winning.
I would rather ask questions here than in an email because other people get to read your answers.
OK, how long do the average Chinese have to work to earn enough money to buy a computer? A bicycle? A TV? A house?
Be sure and ask anything you want to know about us although you"ll probably get several answers to any question.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:58 PM   #25
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Is Okzhanglu the guy that told you we were war lovers?
Old 05-05-2003, 07:13 PM   #26
Billy
Professor

You are not war lover

xoxoxoBruce, I typed it wrong. I wanted to say that you are warm hearted.

I am sorry for my mistake.

I don't believe that sone one told me you were war lover. I need judge using my eyes.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:22 PM   #27
Billy
Professor

Music and China

Q: How do you get music? Do you mostly listen to radio? Do you buy tapes or discs? Do you share them with others, making tapes of the discs? Do people gather to make music?

A: I get music by way of CD, DVD, tapes, TV, vocal concert, radio, band...Here TV is more popular now. Of courese radio still has its listeners. I buy many tapes and discs. I have one SONY walkman. My friends sometimes borrow my tapes, but we all buy new discs, don't make it because we have equipment. In schools, company and society we have many band to and people to make music.

Q: In the US and in some other cultures, there is "stand-up comedy". A funny person stands at the front of the room with a microphone and tells jokes and funny stories to entertain. Do you have this in China?

A: I have this program. But sometimes two ore more people stand do that. This program is one tradition movement.Maybe it have some differences with yours. We all like it.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:44 PM   #28
Billy
Professor

China purchasing power

xoxoxoBruce, What you said is very good. Any improvement needs a process. As you know, the USA peopel have long time struggle to achieve today freedom. Now you are still working hard to get much.

China open and reform policy is used to accelerate modernization and civilization buliding. Or I can not seat before screen to chat with you. We need freedorm, but we can not achieve it by everyday blood.

Q:OK, how long do the average Chinese have to work to earn enough money to buy a computer? A bicycle? A TV? A house?

A: For the city average people, they need work two months to buy one computer, 1,2 or 3 days to get one bicycle, 1 month to get one common TV, 10 or 20 years to buy one house by divided payments. In large city, like Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, there are many new rich people. They live a life that the US people have.

For country average people, they need work more long time to get them if you only depend on agriculture saving. But they all have TV, bicycle, hosue. A few people to buy one computer because they feel hard to learn how to use it and what they can do by it. They need work 4 or 5 years to build one house, half year to buy one TV.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:51 PM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Billy, I have the feeling you're typing out the questions and the answers. Do you know how to copy and paste?
If you highlight the question and copy it, when you go to the reply box click on the "quote" button and paste in the question. then when you click on the OK it will put in the question so you don't have to type it.
If you need more help with thi just say so.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:01 PM   #30
Billy
Professor

I made a mistake just now

xoxoxoBruce.

Just now I wanted to click "Add xoxoxoBruce to Your Buddy List", but I clicked "Add xoxoxoBruce to Your Ignore List".

Now how can I delete "Add xoxoxoBruce to Your Ignore List". Please guide me.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Billy; 05-05-2003 at 09:07 PM.