The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 03-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Mar 22nd, 2017: Reindeer Can Fly

♫ I seen a peanut stand, heard a rubber band, I seen a needle that winked its eye
But I be done seen 'bout ev'rything, when I see a reindeer fly (What d'you say, boy?)
I said when I see a reindeer fly♪
♫I seen a front porch swing, heard a diamond ring, I seen a polka-dot railroad tie
But I be done seen 'bout ev'rything, When I see a reindeer fly
I said when I see a reindeer fly♪
♫I saw a clothes horse, he r'ar up and buck , And they tell me that a man made a vegetable truck
I didn't see that, I only heard, just to be sociable, I'll take your word♪
♫I heard a fireside chat, I saw a baseball bat, and I just laughed till I thought I'd die
But I be done seen 'bout ev'rything, when I see a reindeer fly
I said when I see a reindeer fly ♪

In the last few years we see pictures of more and more animals on planes, not in cargo but in the passenger
cabin. Many of these are service animals, some are pets people claim are service animals. I’ve seen a pig,
goat, turkey, miniature pony, and one Arab Prince brought a bunch of Falcons onboard.
Of course you’ve heard of snakes on a plane.

I've met a lot of stewardesses flight attendants who had me eating out of their hand.

Quote:
All this week reindeer have been flown around Yakutia, the largest region in Russia officially called the
Sakha Republic. Why? To attend the 4th annual all-Russian reindeer herders' congress held in regional
capital Yakutsk. This weekend will see traditional reindeer sports, attracting large crowds, and the animals
have flown in to take part from some of the world's most remote Arctic districts. 'Each reindeer is tied
up individually depending on the size of its antlers. Those with the biggest antlers are placed in the centre.
Sometimes herders cut the antlers to ease the transportation.'

Quote:
The events are highly competitive, and not without mind games by participants.
One rumour this week claimed the whole team from Anabar ulus - 18 reindeer - had been poisoned to
death by competitors. Officials denied the claim but admitted one reindeer had died, and another was
put down.
A vet official said: '18 reindeer were flown to Yakutsk from the village of Yuryun-Khaya in Alabar district.
Every move like this causes stress, so owners have to pay double attention to the animals during flights.
The dude sitting next to the flight attendant doesn't look like he has many fucks to give.
But maybe he's just a passenger... or the shit shoveler?
Quote:
'Once the reindeer arrive they are checked by our vets. Two of the animals were diagnosed with a severe
gastrointestinal tract problem. One reindeer died on 16 March, the second had to be put down a day later.
Another animal is being treated now but the rest are doing well.
link
Old 03-22-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
The dude sitting next to the flight attendant doesn't look like he has many fucks to give.
that's what I was thinking. "Dammit! Next time I'm going Business Class!"
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:32 AM   #3
Snakeadelic
Banned

Y'all should look up pics of the reindeer races--they all look like they're having a blast, reindeer included.

Cows can't survive the conditions in Yakutia; horses barely can, with human help, and they're not much bigger than the reindeer. The Yakut horse is, however, a LOT less common than reindeer. It's a hard life and the racing and festivals are extremely important to the health of an endangered human culture.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:11 AM   #4
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
that's what I was thinking. "Dammit! Next time I'm going Business Class!"
Hey it's in front of the cattle, so that is Business class, the guy way at the back probably wishes he'd upgraded to economy preferred.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #5
burns334
High Propagandist

I really have no first hand knowledge but I'm betting that plane REEKS
burns334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Y'know, I would've thought that the caribou/reindeer would've been more skittish what w/a puma right there beside them...

Name:  reindeer1.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  99.6 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #7
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beest View Post
Hey it's in front of the cattle, so that is Business class, the guy way at the back probably wishes he'd upgraded to economy preferred.
No, I think he's joining the Mile High Club.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:22 PM   #8
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Y'know, I would've thought that the caribou/reindeer would've been more skittish what w/a puma right there beside them...
Boo Hiss, I'm jealous because I saw the Puma hat and didn't think of that.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:34 PM   #9
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Also Bees on a plane...

Quote:
An American Airlines spokeswoman told CBS News that they couldn’t take off while the bees were still on the wing because, “Obviously, you don’t want the bees in the air.” There was also a concern for the safety of the workers around the cargo area, who were in danger of getting stung.
The airline contacted the city, which was able to get in touch with a beekeeper who was able to come out to the airport and remove the bees. The keeper’s arrival took several hours, delaying the flight in the process. One onlooker, who shared an image of the bees, also said the beekeeper got stung multiple times in the process of removing the bees.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #10
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

As God is my witness, I thought reindeer could fly!
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

GOD- Hey hold on, I'm not swearing to anything, GOD doesn't swear.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #12
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
As God is my witness, I thought reindeer could fly!
For. The. Win.

You win the thread.

Hell, you win the internet!

Old 03-26-2017, 10:54 PM   #13
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
An American Airlines spokeswoman told CBS News that they couldn’t take off while the bees were still on the wing because, “Obviously, you don’t want the bees in the air.” There was also a concern for the safety of the workers around the cargo area, who were in danger of getting stung.
The airline contacted the city, which was able to get in touch with a beekeeper who was able to come out to the airport and remove the bees. The keeper’s arrival took several hours, delaying the flight in the process. One onlooker, who shared an image of the bees, also said the beekeeper got stung multiple times in the process of removing the bees.
So many jokes..

But seriously, bees are ok in the air. Seriously. Really, beelieve me.