The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 06-19-2005, 05:06 PM   #61
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The shelf for the shampoo is very, very cool. You don't want your bar sitting in watery soapy residue, because it will disappear more quickly. I had the shelf and only recently admitted that it was just too grody looking to keep in the bath. (My shelf lasted at least 10 years, and probably would have been recoverable if I'd bothered to take the time to clean it. I have a wire rack hanging off the shower head I keep my soaps and rubber duckie in, so the wooden self was superfluous, even if it was darned cute.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:48 AM   #62
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Day One of JR Liggetts Shampoo and hair is DEFINITELY fuller with more body. I actually have wavy hair!! And I was told that my hair smelled great.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:56 AM   #63
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I can't wait to get my Liggetts shampoo!!! I'm so psyched! What hippie store did you find it in, Melid?

I got mine at this place in Urbana, IL called Strawberry Fields... but I read on the Liggetts website that some people purchased it at Cracker Barrel.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:35 PM   #64
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

no-go at my Cracker Barrel. How you likin' this shampoo? I'm LOVING it. It makes me all wavy, and for a woman with stick-straight hair, that's a total bonus!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 07-02-2005, 10:51 PM   #65
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Maybe that would make my hair fuller and mor......forgot, I don't have any.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #66
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ah, xoB--you don't NEED any hair! You're perfect the way you are!

PS Lay off him, wolf. He's mine and you know it.

—James Barrie

Old 07-04-2005, 08:35 PM   #67
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
no-go at my Cracker Barrel. How you likin' this shampoo? I'm LOVING it. It makes me all wavy, and for a woman with stick-straight hair, that's a total bonus!
It has helped my scalp problem a bit, but I think my problem is worthy of a doctor visit. Still, I really like it - it rinses out really well.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:18 AM   #68
blueeyehuntress
Person Who Has Posted

I am liking tea tree oil more and more. I originally bought it because we were having a problem with those icky pests lice. the normal remidies weren't working so i bought some TTO and mixed it with some in expensive shampoo. works great and once a week especially during the school year the kids wash in the mixture to prevent infestation. A big plus is that its not as harsh on your hair either.
blueeyehuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:51 AM   #69
Griff
still says videotape

I'm trying different stuff for the eczema on my legs. I was itching like mad one day and slapped on some kids anti-itch creme which is supposed to be for bug bites. It seemed to cool things down. The main ingredient was eucalyptus oil. So I'm gonna try a few things with that in it. I've got one with aloe vera and Euc I'm trying right now hoping for something I can put on daily.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:29 PM   #70
Brett's Honey
whatever

Head Lice Home Remedies??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyehuntress
I am liking tea tree oil more and more. I originally bought it because we were having a problem with those icky pests lice.
Speaking of head lice.......a friend of mine is raising her 5 yr old grand-daughter. She got a call from the day care - AGAIN a few days ago saying to come pick up the 5 yr old because she had head lice AGAIN. She is very tired of dealing with these nasty critters.
Does anyone have any good fairly inexpensive remedies and / or preventions for head lice? I guess tea tree oil can prevent infestations but doesn't cure them after they're already there??
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 05:20 PM   #71
blueeyehuntress
Person Who Has Posted

yep it works on them

i use the tea tree oil and inexpensive shampoo mixture lather head and leave on for 5 minutes rinse and comb out dead lice continue every few days to kill new hatches and of course comb out as many nits as you can. the remidies i found at the drug store were not lilling them any more. And with three of us with shoulder length hair it was getting expensive.
blueeyehuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:35 PM   #72
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Lindane. Lice respond to really harsh chemicals.

There are some old folk remedies that recommend things like tar and turpentine, but I'll stick with the harsh chemicals.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 07-18-2005, 09:26 PM   #73
russotto
Professor

You mean tar and turpentine aren't harsh chemicals?
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:34 PM   #74
Brett's Honey
whatever

Thanks for the advice......and Wolf - do you have to have a prescription for Lindane?
Brett's Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:39 AM   #75
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I don't honestly know, but there are delousers available at most drug stores ... you can get the combs, shampoos, and soaps there.

Everything you ever wanted to know about headlice but were afraid to ask the Centers for Disease Control Division of Parasitic Diseases.