The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 03-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #46
Phil
Hoodoo Guru

guns kill people. no guns = no people to shoot them.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #47
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Girls should receive a 3 year contraceptive implant at the age of 13 which (helps to) prevent them becoming pregnant at least until they have completed basic education

Increasing the amount of school leavers in higher education does not lead to a better educated populace – it merely leads to increased personal debt and devalues the experience of true scholars

People are inherently selfish

The degree to which the majority of men enjoy a woman’s company is directly related to her appearance
Old 03-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #48
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

People are completely molded by society.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #49
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Do historical references count? Because in 2002 I had the "mother of disagreeable opinions".
George Jr is lying.
No, because it doesn't fit the parameters of the opening post's conditions as an Unpopular Opinion.

Partial credit to footfootfoot and Undertoad for being having the "right answer", despite failing the "show your work" section. :p
Old 03-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #50
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl
Girls should receive a 3 year contraceptive implant at the age of 13 which (helps to) prevent them becoming pregnant at least until they have completed basic education
And the boys should have reversible vasectomies too, if they're smart.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:23 PM   #51
glatt

It should be illegal to administer antibiotics to livestock, even if they are sick. Overuse of antibiotics is leading to resistant strains of germs. Each and every use of antibiotics around the world leads to this problem, so antibiotics should be reserved for humans only to slow the spread of resistant germs.

Since they aren't expanding it in other ways, I think they should remove all the seats in Metro, our local subway system. You would be able to fit more people in each car that way.

I think they should refrain from broadcasting sports on TV. I don't want to be seeing that crap. Get rid of daytime talk shows and reality shows too. Put adult ed classes on TV in their place. Maybe something on electronics. I've always wanted to pick that up.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #52
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The real reason most non-Musim non-Jewish American boys are circumcised is so they look like their fathers.
Funny, my dad didn't look Jewish...

rimshot
Old 03-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #53
melidasaur
Traded your soul for pogs.

It's okay to express your pride to be white. I am proud to be white and not a member of the KKK or any other "fringe group."

The NAACP sometimes acts in the same manner as the KKK or other hate groups - hello, DISCRIMINATION is NEVER OKAY - even discrimination against white people... not cool.

Diversity is just a fancy way of saying it's okay to cut out the white kids.

The only cause that vegans succeed in promoting is the ability to be a pain in the ass.

There should be no more "Insert racial group/sex here" History Months. Those are just sad attempts to be inclusive that result in people being excluded. Why don't we have - Invention Month, Book Month, Food Month - etc. Make everyone feel included.

I think gender discrimination is a crock of crap.

If people want to hold themselves out as married, they should be held to the same standards as married people - file your taxes jointly, follow the same divorce procedures, etc. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Welfare should be abolished. No more handouts or handups. People should be forced to get off their lazy butts and do something about it... That's the great thing about the US is that you can do that - no one is going to stop you.

But the more I look at the other posts, I relize that maybe my views on race are not all that unpopular.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #54
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Funny, my dad didn't look Jewish...

rimshot
You were rimming your dad?
Old 03-19-2007, 02:05 PM   #55
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by melidasaur View Post
There should be no more "Insert racial group/sex here" History Months. Those are just sad attempts to be inclusive that result in people being excluded. Why don't we have - Invention Month, Book Month, Food Month - etc. Make everyone feel included.
March is National Frozen Food Month. If the NFRA can create Frozen Food Month, I guess that you can create Invention Month. I'll support you in that.

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #56
Pi
desperate finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
+ There are too many people on this planet. The worst thing that the average person can do to the environment is have another child.
Poor people (2. and 3. world countries) should stop getting children. Children born in civilized countries have better chances and will develop better.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #57
HungLikeJesus
Only looks like a disaster tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Poor people (2. and 3. world countries) should stop getting children. Children born in civilized countries have better chances and will develop better.
I think that just the opposite is true. People in "first world" countries, like the US, have a much larger environmental impact (per capita) than do people in poorer countries. In the US, many people have their first child and suddenly need a big house and an SUV, etc. I've seen entire families in Mexico riding on one 450 CC motorcycle (kids sit on the gas tank).

So, I think that rich people should stop having kids (or adopting them from Zimbabwe). If poor people stop having kids, who's going to serve the french fries?

SteveDallas's Random Thread Picker.
HungLikeJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #58
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Rich people have stopped having kids. In most first world countries the population growth is negative.

If you live in a poor country then you need more children to survive with expecting a few to die on the way. If you want to slow population growth you have to give third world countries freedom, education, and money.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:02 PM   #59
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
.. I'd prefer not to get into actual arguments about them on this thread though, as that could lead to a lot of different arguments going on at once....
Hey! Dinnja read dem rules?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #60
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Eugenics is not necessarily a bad idea.

Capital punishment is not a tool used by civilized societies.

"Glitter" was a decent movie.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote