The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 01-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #16
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Oh, MAN--I hate the popular myth that if she says no you just have to keep trying until you win her over. That's such bullshit.
But, but, but, Baby... let me explain.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Usually that's true but believe it or not there ARE women who need to be pursued before they'll decide you're the man for them. the woman in my trunk is the perfect example...

Yah that is true.

::shrug::

There are 3 types of stalkers.

1) One that follows random women and are secretly malicious in intent.
2) That lovesick guy that really screwed up with you on that date you went on a week ago.
3) The combination of both the above.

I have examples of these from my personal life but will not bore everyone this morning with one of my anecdotes.

Last edited by Cicero; 01-23-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #18
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Type number 4: Is in all other respects normal, but has somehow gotten it in his head that you and he are destined to be together, despite never having been on a single date with you.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #19
lookout123
changed his status to single

Why do you have to hurt me like that clodfobble? i know you don't feel it yet, but i just know we're going to be great together.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #20
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Type number 4: Is in all other respects normal, but has somehow gotten it in his head that you and he are destined to be together, despite never having been on a single date with you.

No that's still number 1. Broad categories, I know. :p
Old 01-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #21
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Type 5: is from another country and is convinced that when he goes back to be ruler (president? king?) that you are destined to be his spouse.

True story.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #22
Cicero

So. This means it's over between you and I then, Shawnee?

lol!

And here I had your throne all picked out, with the proper locks.

I will have to move on:
DanaC

Last Activity: 01-23-2009 07:20 PM
Viewing Thread Stalkers @ 07:20 PM

LOL!!

Last edited by Cicero; 01-23-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #23
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

There's a slightly...odd...probably fairly dangerous individual (I hear rumours he's ok as long as he keeps taking his meds) who is a member of the party locally.

He's big and red faced, unhealthily so, with mean little eyes and a faux solicitousness that makes my skin crawl. He's in his late fifties and one his best friends is a young man in his early twenties with mild learning disabilities, who is also a friend of mine.

He went through a phase of making 'prank' phonecalls to me. All in good fun. Jolly jolly. But one of them, had me checking my door was locked.

A prank phonecall putting on a disguised voice, which starts off sounding like it's a mistake of some kind, an unordered service coming to the wrong house kind of thing...then morphs into a weird conversation about how it's all been arranged for my door to painted. Yeah, I know weird. Painting it green. Didn't click til a few minutes in that this was coded reference to some stuff going on locally involving a company called Green Door.

Thing is he wasn't just saying the door was going to be painted. He was telling me there were 'some men' coming round to do it. On their way. Somewhere in this it clicked with me that I knew the voice underneath. But there was a stage in that conversation that I did not know who it was. I was at the time actively campaigning against bnp locally. For just a fraction of a second, before my brain kicked in and told me not to be foolish, I considered some possibilities I hadn't truly considered before.

He knows I live alone. It was night-time.

Odd things said, odd looks. There is something distinctly unsettling about him, and not in any kind of cool anti-hero sense. Have since discovered this is not unusual behaviour for this guy. He bobs about the place creating all kinds of trouble; finding, creating and spreading rumour. A fantasist. Several people have said they think he's one to avoid, if you know what I mean. One of them works as a psychiatric social worker. He appears to have encountered the guy in passing in some way that relates to that... didnt say much, just said 'he's a dangerous man' in a disturbingly matter of fact way.

His interest has moved on now anyway, I don't see much of that side of the party these days (again, Yey!).
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #24
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had a female stalker.
Not one of the real kind, but a very very pushy person who assumed a friendship that I didn't feel in return and definitely didn't want.

I only went out with her when the badgering became too tiring, and at some point every evening I "offended" her in some way and felt the best option was to apologise. I got understandably tired of this, and one evening when she pulled that stunt again (in tears because I'd been ignoring her emails) I just got my jacket and went to walk out, which was when she told me she was in love with me.

I actually stayed and talked to her. I'm such a sucker for pathos.

On another night, when she was chatting up the barmaid, I was talking to a man in the same pub. He was alone and I suggested he joined us. She came back to the table with our drinks, slammed them down in a way that set the table awash and stomped off. I didn't go after her, but I didn't leave either. She later came back and behaved like a sulky teenager.

I refused to have a post-mortem of the whole evening the next day though. I said, "No, I don't even want to know why. I don't feel like talking about it." Which shocked the hell out of her - I finally realised I didn't have to go along with her self-created drama.

I don't think I'd get suckered like that again. But a mixture of hating confrontation, feeling empathy for the emotionally vulnerable and a misplaced sense of courtesy might just get me manipulated again some day. I hope I'd post it here and someone would smack me back into reality though
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #25
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

scary scary
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #26
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
So. This means it's over between you and I then, Shawnee?

lol!

And here I had your throne all picked out, with the proper locks.

I will have to move on:
DanaC

Last Activity: 01-23-2009 07:20 PM
Viewing Thread Stalkers @ 07:20 PM

LOL!!
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaa

You crazy!
Old 01-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #27
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Usually that's true but believe it or not there ARE women who need to be pursued before they'll decide you're the man for them. the woman in my trunk is the perfect example...
This is quite true. Its always baffled me why, if a woman is attracted enough by you to want you to pursue her, she doesn't just say "do me, big boy", and get on with it.

Sheesh.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:24 PM   #28
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

I had a stalker when I was a little kid. It was no good. He pulled me behind a bush. Long story short he ended up in jail for many, many years. May still be there. I have a pseudo stalker now, although I wouldn't call him a stalker. It's actually pretty hott.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #29
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode View Post
This is quite true. Its always baffled me why, if a woman is attracted enough by you to want you to pursue her, she doesn't just say "do me, big boy", and get on with it.

Sheesh.
Because sex is not the goal, or even part of the picture, in all their relationships. That's why we hear those dreaded words, "I just want to be friends" and "I don't love you that way".

Unfortunately I can't get no stalkers.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #30
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Unfortunately I can't get no stalkers.

that's only 'cause there's no-one you wouldn't do......