The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 06-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #301
Griff
still says videotape

Nonsense, he/she isn't a dimwit, just a talented troll who has found a mate and a patsy. I'll reduce my already flagging political input to zero for the time being and let Remurk take full ownership. It is his/her forum let him/her have it.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #302
lookout123
changed his status to single

That's bullshit. A couple of guys in a bar won't stop pissing on eachother day after day regardless of other people complaining about the overspray and the only solution is for everyone else to quit going to the bar if they don't like it?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #303
Griff
still says videotape

That seems to be the consensus.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #304
lookout123
changed his status to single

Well then, like I said before the cellar will suffer for that. some people will walk away because they tire of the unchecked shitslinging in those forums, but never fear, because new dwellars will appear. Of course, if they stick around it is obviously because the shitslinging is cool with them.

While the cellar is ever evolving do you really want it evolving into a community that either embraces the stupidity or just refuses to enter two of the major forums?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #305
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Good fucking God.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #306
Cloud

didn't you already say that?

I see no improvement or resolution after several days and 8 pages; but I do see more hurt feelings than before.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #307
TheMercenary

I am obviously missing something.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #308
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
That's bullshit. A couple of guys in a bar won't stop pissing on eachother day after day regardless of other people complaining about the overspray and the only solution is for everyone else to quit going to the bar if they don't like it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Well then, like I said before the cellar will suffer for that. some people will walk away because they tire of the unchecked shitslinging in those forums, but never fear, because new dwellars will appear. Of course, if they stick around it is obviously because the shitslinging is cool with them.

While the cellar is ever evolving do you really want it evolving into a community that either embraces the stupidity or just refuses to enter two of the major forums?
Dear Griff

Please let me reinforce l123's comments to you.

*I* value your input. Your withdrawal from the political conversations here would be a loss for me personally, and permanently impoverish the cellar as a whole.

I won't tell you what to do. But I sincerely hope you don't quit contributing to the cellar, especially in the political conversations.

Yours,
Old 06-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #309
TheMercenary

Big V, Why does it appear that you are trying so hard to regain favor with the regular posters after being gone and absent for so long? Why don't you just rejoin the conversation in any thread?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #310
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hi mercy. Did you have a particular thread in mind? Is my absence conspicuous in some place?

As for your perception that I'm trying hard to regain the favor... what? huh? do you object in some way to me making favorable supportive posts?

That's a couple of pretty unusual questions you've posed for me. I'd welcome some clarification, if you please.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #311
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Hi mercy. Did you have a particular thread in mind? Is my absence conspicuous in some place?

As for your perception that I'm trying hard to regain the favor... what? huh? do you object in some way to me making favorable supportive posts?

That's a couple of pretty unusual questions you've posed for me. I'd welcome some clarification, if you please.
Thank you for your respectful and kind reply. It seems to me that after your long absence of posting that you immediately assumed a position of right and wrong concerning my posting style, mostly of which I assumed was a negative perception. If I have been mistaken please let me know and I shall retract any views which seem to be contrary to that position.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #312
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
Thank you for your respectful and kind reply. It seems to me that after your long absence of posting that you immediately assumed a position of right and wrong concerning my posting style, mostly of which I assumed was a negative perception. If I have been mistaken please let me know and I shall retract any views which seem to be contrary to that position.
My pleasure.

I haven't had a long absence of posting. I have had a great reduction of post volume, but never really an absence. We probably just haven't crossed paths during that period.

I *think* what you're getting at is what is my opinion of your posting style. You say you think I've assumed a position of right or wrong on your posting style. While I do have an *opinion*, my opinion can't be right or wrong about your style, mercy. It's just my opinion.

I'll dare one step further. I *think* you think I have a negative perception about your posting style. I do. When it comes to political matters, your posting style leaves me with a strongly negative perception. I'm not taking issue with your viewpoints, I'm not arguing the facts here. When it comes to posting style, on most matters political, to me, your posting style is little more than noise, and it is often loud and unpleasant. Hence the negative perception.

In the other areas where I've had the pleasure of reading your posts, this voice is absent. We've known each other for a long time and I like you, we get along. I expect that will continue for the foreseeable future.

Yours, respectfully.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #313
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Dear Griff

Please let me reinforce l123's comments to you.

*I* value your input. Your withdrawal from the political conversations here would be a loss for me personally, and permanently impoverish the cellar as a whole.

I won't tell you what to do. But I sincerely hope you don't quit contributing to the cellar, especially in the political conversations.

Yours,
I appreciate your sentiment V. I have no intention of leaving the entire Cellar, but I'm not going to waste my time either. The political forum had always been interesting to me because of the subtle differences in perspective. We haven't seen subtlety in a conversation there in a long time. mercenary has always been a problem for me, but he cannot pull down a whole forum on his own. He brought in an earlier left wing foil who also provided more smoke than fire and now we have an anonymous left-winger who plays the assigned role more perfectly. A lot of this is personal, I despise mercs on-line persona. From the beginning, I hoped he was a short-timer, since he posts like one. It is unfortunate but it is, so I'll just stay out of their way.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #314
LJ
i am myself

Would it help if I stalked and tormented the shit out of the both of them until their minds collapsed?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #315
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I really thought I was the problem, I was wrong - again.