The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #46
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Getting bin Laden is more of a symbolic "nice-to-have," even if it's just getting him with an Atomic Wedgie w/a Half Twist. The defeat and discrediting of the entire terrorist impulse is of more importance, and this is not embodied in just one tall Saudi that the Saudis don't want back.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:58 AM   #47
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Aliantha, I didn't start this thread or thank America. I just jumped in when someone made a comment about fighting Iraqis over there rather than on American soil. That somehow equates to my not understanding or caring about the potential dangers faced by America. I just don't think America faced/s a threat from that particular quarter.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:14 AM   #48
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I appreciate your thanks but I wonder why you hold me responsible for Bush/Cheney when I did not vote for them nor approve of them or their policies, etc?

America is as diverse as any country. To say 'we voted the right way' is not exactly correct as there are still millions of those beasties you hate so much, the far-right Republican/Christians. To blame all of America for Bush is equal to thanking all of America for the current power shift, no? I can think of many, MANY Cellarites who voted Republican this Midterm.

Did YOU vote for Blair? Can I hold you responsible for him?
Shall I spew all my hatred for him at you? That seem right to you?
I really don't know why you're so agro, Brianna. I get blasted for being anti-American if I bash the Bush guvmint and now I get blasted because I thank America (rethorically) for showing him that it does not approve his policies. Your Yanks are really to sensitive....*sigh*....

No I didn't vote for Bliar, as I'm not a UK citizin. And you're free to bash Bliar any time, as far as me concerns and thanks to UT and Bruce.

Last edited by Hippikos; 11-10-2006 at 06:38 AM.
Hippikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:16 AM   #49
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065
Abso-freakin-lutely, as well as many many other atrocities against mankind. To think that there was no relation to Saddam whatsoever is incredulous.
What planet did you live on th last 3 years?
Old 11-10-2006, 05:17 AM   #50
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Quit it you guys. Coz Hippikos will get lost in how stupid we continue to be and won't answer my fookin' questions.

Oh, who am I trying to kid? He won't answer them anyway.
You know what, Brianna, I do have a life outside The Cellar
Old 11-10-2006, 05:20 AM   #51
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
There were, and remain, strategic objectives to Iraq beyond simply WMD or even Hussein. But the strategic objectives are shot due to the unanticipated insurgency and continued sectarian violence.
All that has been achieved strategically is that Iran is now the main regional power. Don't think that was the meaning, or wassit?

Last edited by Hippikos; 11-10-2006 at 05:23 AM.
Hippikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:22 AM   #52
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
The Democratic Party, lacking (and how!) a plan to win the war of its own, will have to execute the "Republican plan" they've been irresponsibly trying to resist and undermine these past several years.

Who wants to bet a nickel they'll still eff it right up and lose the war to a bunch of hemipygian Islamofascists?
Which Republican "Plan" will win the war? The only plan left is to get out of there, pronto!
Old 11-10-2006, 05:24 AM   #53
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha
I think this thread has become nothing more than a slanging match between usually reasonable people.

Get a grip you lot.

All DanaC was trying to say was thankyou for doing what she was unable to do because she's not a US citizen. I'd like to say I'm happy with the outcome of the recent elections and it's a credit to the majority of US citizens.

As has been discussed in another thread recently, citizens of the world at large are affected by internal US politics. That's why there's interest in your elections and that's why others like to comment.

That's it.
Hear, hear! Never a truer word was said.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:26 AM   #54
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippikos
You know what, Brianna, I do have a life outside The Cellar
I do so humbly apologize you arrogant fuck.

Anyone who can post six posts in a row can answer questions, don't you think? Oh! Don't answer that! You're far too busy.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:32 AM   #55
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:

Anyone who can post six posts in a row can answer questions, don't you think? Oh! Don't answer that! You're far too busy.
ahuh.....*backs slowly out the room*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #56
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
Hit a nerve here, Brianna, dear?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #57
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
trying to keep up with the messages, Brianna. Sorry for answering. You can always put me on the ignore list.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #58
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippikos
What planet did you live on th last 3 years?
I've been on this planet - the one called Earth, thank you. I know I have a very different view of things than most of you do - obviously. I think there are a lot of "sheep" in America that watch and listen to what the liberal media says and blindly follow. I am not one of them. I have views that are not unilateral with any particular party, but feel that many Americans cast votes this week to send a message to the President and although the message was received, I believe it will further complicate and compound some problems and issues not solve them.

I am not interested in getting into a pissing match with any of you here, this has started to turn very negative and personal - I am not blameless either, but I felt that someone had to offer a different point of view other than "Everythings gonna be great" now that the Dems have control of the house and Senate.

The above is just my opinion nothing more nothing less. Thank you for allowing me to vent.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #59
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Hippikos: You have not hit any nerve in me, ever. You are a plain and simple arrogant fuck who believes that voters in America vote with the thought of YOU in mind. Oh, it's really too, too funny.

Now. Your wish is granted and you are on my ignore list.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #60
Hippikos
Flocci Non Facio

Quote:
The above is just my opinion nothing more nothing less. Thank you for allowing me to vent.
No wucking forries, mate.

You might look into some US Congressional Investigations in which Iraq's role has been examined. Most if not all WH accusations you also mentioned have been refuted.

Re "Everythings gonna be great", won't say it'll be all nice and dandy from now on, but it's impossible to do worse after the last 6 years.