The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-27-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Jan 28th, 2017: Signs

Through the miracle of the interwebs, everyone can travel all over the world. Even if you're not particularly interested in seeing other countries, if you browse the web you can't help but seeing pictures from other countries, even news programs have them. One of my pet peeves is the road signs they have in other countries. The names are useless and don't tell me anything.
Why some aren't even in American. Gotta tell Trump about that.

So as your loyal servant, I went out and took pictures of American signs, informative, dignified signs.

The RFID and GPS tracking is because jealous foreigners steal them to take home.

I got blisters on my shutter finger.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:14 AM   #2
Snakeadelic
Banned

Some are definitely or probably private roads (My Way, Psycho Path), but the ones that aren't are GREAT.

Some time ago, while volunteering at a local community theatre, I was given the task of going through the old volunteer signup cards and calling to find out if anyone was still interested. Most were extremely far out of date, though I did get quite a few along the lines of "maybe if they hadn't left for college a few months ago..."

My favorite was one of those, and before the call ended I mentioned I thought it was great that their listed address was on Warp Drive. The lady giggled and told me that was part of why they bought the house--sci fi fans.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 09:38 AM   #3
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yes private, but usually the name has to be submitted to the local government for approval, and be added to official maps. Of course in a great again democracy, it would depend on who you know to get borderline offensive names approved.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
MtnDsrt
Lead Subordinate

My favorite computer tech support guy lives on Disc Drive.
MtnDsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Yes private, but usually the name has to be submitted to the local government for approval, and be added to official maps. Of course in a great again democracy, it would depend on who you know to get borderline offensive names approved.
Nope. You can buy a street sign-like sign from catalogs, websites, and stick it up on your property on your post. You can have a street sign-looking sign that says Motherfucker Drive, as long as it's on your property. We have lots of them around here.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:22 PM   #6
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yes, you can hang it over your bar, on your porch or a post in the yard with any damn thing you want on it. But you can you make it a street sign at the intersection of a private road and a public road, or get that private road recognized on official property maps?
Old 01-30-2017, 06:59 AM   #7
SPUCK
Professor

Quote:
We have lots of them around here.
Motherfuckers?!
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
Beest
Adapt and Survive

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:19 AM   #9
Beest
Adapt and Survive

No 'Darwin rd leads to Hell' sign, I'll have to dig out my personal copy.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:27 PM   #10
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Yes, you can hang it over your bar, on your porch or a post in the yard with any damn thing you want on it. But you can you make it a street sign at the intersection of a private road and a public road, or get that private road recognized on official property maps?
We're I'm talking about sticking up your own sign, that you bought and paid for, on your own post, on your own (private) property, not getting your driveway recognized as a public thoroughfare by the gov't.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:28 PM   #11
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I'll take a picture for you sometime.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:30 PM   #12
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Did you really think "Cold Hearted Bitch Dr" was a gov't approved name for a strip of pavement when you included it in the op?

Old 01-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #13
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What city has black and pink street signs?

Old 01-30-2017, 02:38 PM   #14
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I'll take a picture for you sometime.
Don't bother we've got plenty up here.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #15
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  signs.JPG
Views: 595
Size:  109.0 KB