The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #16
Coign
Wanted Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy56 View Post
Oh yes, and just remember, that these tornados, floods, fires (in Texas and Arizona/New Mexico) plus the 90+ temperatures on the east coast have absoulutely, positively beyond a shadow of a doubt has nothing whatsoever to do with climate change. . . . Really.
They have a word for this ... weather.

Climate change is mapped out over hundreds (that is more than 100) and thousands of years. A 20-year bump is nothing. That is weather.

(I am in the group that says, show me a peer reviewed, independent, non-politicized, proof of climate change and I will talk to you. Right now climate change is just another word for politicians to raise taxes, give funding to lobbiests, and pass laws like the "lightbulb Law" that will dump a billion dollars into GE's coffers.)
Old 06-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #17
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Heinlein
Don't worry Coign, I'm not talking to you. Your list of prerequisites clearly indicate your position and your interest and willingness to learn more facts. I do find it interesting that one of your conditions is that you're only interested in talking about non-politicized information and in the very next sentence you display a high degree of politicization on the very same subject. I wonder what you *do* with non-politicized information?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #18
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUCK View Post
I find it interesting that people still take the attitude that the odds are so low that they don't do anything - at all - to provide some protection for themselves in their homes.

If I lived in tornado land I'd have a concrete bunker basement with a week's worth of supplies and some nice pipe-births. If storms where present we'd all just bunk out in the shelter.

Same thing if I lived in a flood-plane. I'd build my house on a scissors jack. Flood coming? I'd jack that baby up a story or two and split the scene.
HAHAHA...sure you would. LOL. I know I've always found it tons of fun to stay in practically the same room for a whole day, or even a week sometimes just because there are storms.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:28 AM   #19
SPUCK
Professor

Pretend you're on a Mars mission..?

Naw, I'm just talking about sleeping at night.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
CaliforniaMama
I wonder . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by morethanpretty View Post
HAHAHA...sure you would. LOL. I know I've always found it tons of fun to stay in practically the same room for a whole day, or even a week sometimes just because . . .
For this introvert, that is called a vacation!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #21
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMama View Post
For this introvert, that is called a vacation!

I hear ya!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #22
Coign
Wanted Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Don't worry Coign, I'm not talking to you. Your list of prerequisites clearly indicate your position and your interest and willingness to learn more facts. I do find it interesting that one of your conditions is that you're only interested in talking about non-politicized information and in the very next sentence you display a high degree of politicization on the very same subject. I wonder what you *do* with non-politicized information?
That is the problem with discussions of climate change right now. It immediately dives into politics right now. Carbon Tax, laws that outlaw incandescent bulbs, subsidiaries for ethanol, and more. There is a reason for governments to fund these papers that slant results to show it is happening so they can push more control, more taxes, and more money into the pockets of the congress/lobbiests backing it.

The problem is the computer models cannot prove or disprove climate change is man-made. And it is not even that they need to prove if it is happening or not, it it proving that carbon dioxide, the stuff that makes plants grow, is the cause of it.

Until we know it is happening, and more importantly know what it is causing it, anything we do to slow/halt/reverse it is just an unnecessary tax/control against an economy that does not have the money to spend.

http://climateaudit.org/2007/11/29/co2-levels/

Also Google "Climategate" and "Steve McIntyre" to get a start on a lot of views that say, "we don't have any proof. We are just now learning more about Climate and how we affect it."
Old 06-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #23
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

there is this thread ... on that subject.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #24
glatt

Yeah, where's that dead horse icon?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #25
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

zactly!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #26
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Anyone who wants to volunteer to finance, locate, and build a concrete bunker...PM me!

Love,

Dorothy
Pass. Tell the Wizard we said 'Hi'.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #27
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

If you only had a heart.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #28
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Heart hell, if I only had a brain...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #29
blueboy56
Master Locutor

Let me get this straight: Roughly 6.5 billion people on the planet, consuming about 6.5 billion pounds of food and about 9.75 billion gallons of water per day, along with producing about 6 billion pounds of poo each day, along with burning the gasoline, diesel, wood, and coal to move and produce the food and electricity. . . Nah, we humans don't effect the planet a bit, never did.
blueboy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #30
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post

I hear ya!
I'm an introvert, I would not call it a vacation. Especially since you are also not supposed have things plugged into the wall during such a storm...like oh, say a TV, or computer, or lamp to read your book by....