The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-08-2003, 02:07 PM   #31
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

<disgust><amusement>

I would like to suggest that it's time for this thread to be closed. Jeez.

</amusement></disgust>
Hubris Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:46 PM   #32
staceyv
Lecturer

come on, you don't really want her banned. who are you going to gossip about and crack on when she's gone?
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:49 PM   #33
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I'LL GIVE YOU THREE GUESSES
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:54 PM   #34
staceyv
Lecturer

insoluble
undertoad
stacey v
Old 12-08-2003, 02:56 PM   #35
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Quote:
Originally posted by staceyv
insoluble
undertoad
stacey v
Undertoad?

Hmm. Would that mean he would have to ban himself?
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:57 PM   #36
staceyv
Lecturer

no, it means he is one of my three guesses on who will be cracked on and gossiped about when april is gone.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:00 PM   #37
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

I hear Undertoad secretly enjoys soap operas.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:06 PM   #38
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

When my dad had a major heart attack and retired, he found himself watching "Days of our Lives" on a regular basis. It happens.

Not to suggest that Tony's getting _old_, or anything...
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:51 PM   #39
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally posted by insoluble
or perhaps a few of us are disgusted by people like April and can't hold our "tongues" indefinitely. Maybe a little sadism is shining through in your posts as well? Or maybe you just derive pleasure from lurking until the end of an issue, at which point you can come in with a haughty attitude after no involvement in what you are commenting on.
Or maybe this long thread demonstrated the fundamental difference between those who insist all should conform to their morals - the Rush Limbaugh types - verses those who are not intolerant.

I don't approve of April's life style choices. But I am not so 'religious right extremist' or 'Rush Limbaugh' as to sadistically attack her. For that matter, I am not attacking anyone - simply posting a summary observation - and kudos to some who posted helpfully. I enjoyed watching posters such as Wolf, Dagney, and Onyxcougar post as responsible Americans do. They did not get emotionally upset. They remained logical - meaning they provided the thread with good input.

There are lessons here for the 'black pots' who emotionally attacked April. Unfortunately they are probably too emotional to want to hear it.

One can be disgusted by April. But an adult does not post those emotions. An adult posts logically - with an objective beneficial to all. Apparently some only attacked April for self serving, personal gratification.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:39 PM   #40
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

and some people can't resist an opportunity to make a wise crack. You assume that people give(gave) a shit about the girl....maybe you are right in one or two notable examples. I can only speak for myself, and can honestly say that my emotions remain in check. Unless you count withering distaste an emotion. I was simply tired of her and FnF squashing the topic of every thread that they crossed paths on. And with a little coaching, FnF took the hint. I don't know you, tw, but you seem to use big words easily and have good grammar, so I'll assume (for the moment) that you are of reasonable intelligence. The issue I have here is the tone.

Please try not to sound so high and mighty. This is only a request. I don't have any right to tell you how to act, but your post made me edgy. Pardon the sarcasm in my reply if you please, but while you were chastising the dwellars for responding to "trolling", you were, yourself, trolling.

Nicely done.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:40 PM   #41
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by tw
One can be disgusted by April. But an adult does not post those emotions. An adult posts logically - with an objective beneficial to all. Apparently some only attacked April for self serving, personal gratification.
In my experience, adults post a whole range of messages, from purely logical and well-thought out, to wildly emotional.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:43 PM   #42
juju
no one of consequence

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that by "adult" you meant "conforming to my morals".
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:46 PM   #43
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
I don't know you, tw, but you seem to use big words easily and have good grammar, so I'll assume (for the moment) that you are of reasonable intelligence. The issue I have here is the tone.

Please try not to sound so high and mighty.
Now you do Jim, now you do.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:55 PM   #44
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
Now you do Jim, now you do.
this, then is tw's M.O. ?

i'll try not to get too emotional over his posts then. thx, bruce
Old 12-08-2003, 11:55 PM   #45
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
this, then is tw's M.O. ?
Again, you are assuming emotional perspective. If I call you a f-ing asshole or simply stupid; notice, it would only come with logical reasons for that bottom line conclusion. I don't post politically correct. In fact I have little respect for political correctness. Those who are politically correct are too often liars. To understand what and why I have posted, only look as the logical facts; what has been acutally posted. Read nothing implied; only look for other interpretations because English can mispresent the original point. Furthermore, I don't care how you emotionally perceive my posts (which is probably why Bruce has so much distress with my posts- he may have been raised by politically correct adults and demands same). But if you think I have come off high and almighty, then you have not a clue as to where I am coming from. The only part in my posts that have any relevance is the logical progression and the blunt honest (politically incorrect) thought. I make no attempt to do what I was raised to do - be politically correct - lie to be polite.

In simple terms, if April inspired any emotions, then the adult thing to do is simply ignore those emotions - post nothing. That is what adults must do with children. And clearly April was a child - regardless of age or sexual maturity of her body. A more interesting question is why she is a child - be it from low intelligence or from her peers masking as adults. Again, there is nothing to be concluded or drawn from these sentences about April other than logical curiousity, speculation, or confusion as to who she really is(was). If you (or anyone else) perceives any 'friendly' or 'adversarial' relationship from me, then again, you have totally misconstrued my posts. I don't need (nor seek) either. Instead ask yourself why you have mistakenly jumped to such a conclusion - and instead ask why or where that logical progression of ideas has come from.

I simply watched this outrageously funny (or pathetic) progression of posts around April (and not all posts because there were too many). One trend that kept repeating: Some simply wanted to disparage or attack this girl only for personal emotional reasons. Why? There were no logical reasons to do so. That leaves only emotional reasons to attack her.

Not that I expected Dagney or Onyxcougar to help her since I suspect April is a victim of her adult peers. But nowhere - at no time - should you conclude anything implied; a subverted agenda; a hidden intention in anything I post. What I post was entirely what was my blunt intention - to identify attacks on a troubled girl who really did not deserve that apparently 'emotionally inspired' drubbing. Someone who may have been actually reaching out for help - exactly as a teenagers 'in more trouble than she wants to admit' might do.

Another said this thread should end. It ends easily when one is not emotionally attached. Its called 'stop reading it' - the logical response. Notice - this also was not an attack. No emotion should be implied or perceived. There is nothing high or almighty in that conclusion. It is brutal, frank honesty. If this thread (or April) has continued on too long, then be adult. Stop reading it. Where, in any of this, is a personal attack, an insult, or a decree from the Emperor?

(TW the First does not have a poetic rhythm to it anyway.)

Last edited by tw; 12-09-2003 at 12:16 AM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote