Old 03-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #91
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
DONE!

May the hair re-growth commence!
Nay, nay, not done. START!!!
A new beginning!!! I knew you're a winner, baby.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:44 AM   #92
shoot
Smooth Ruffian

Im so glad to hear that you have finished up your treatments and am looking forward to hearing an update on your surgery and particularly interested in what the cardiologist will have to say. I had my chemo right at 20 years ago and am at present dealing with the heart issues that I was told would accompany it further down the road. Just reading the word adriamycin makes me feel kinda shakey even after so many years,the bright red/hot pink stuff,I catn recall if it was icey cold or burned like hell? Its hard to get past all of it and you will think about it everyday for the rest of your years,but like love lost, over time you will think of it less and less. I really wouldnt concern yourself with the cardio aspects,they are usually something that wont show up for many years. I cant wait to hear about the new hair, mine came in as soft as a baby's. Just keep living for the day and try to avoid stress whenever you can. Make sure to keep trying new things,if something sounds fun or interesting GO FOR IT!!
shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:02 AM   #93
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Yay Bri!!!

You kicked that MF'ers arse
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #94
Roosta
Nutter.

A while since I posted on here. I usually just lurk around the image of the day and the internet stuff so i've missed this thread. Good luck with everything. I can understand what you have been through as I have been trying to beat Non Hodgkins for a year and a half. Beginning a stem cell transplant in a couple of weeks. Not looking forward to the month of isolation....
Old 03-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #95
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Keep us up, on the nitty gritty details of that, Roosta. I'd like to more about that.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #96
Roosta
Nutter.

I've had four rounds of chemo so far. All the lumpy bits have gone along with my hair. The last burst before my stem cell harvest was with a little machine that I had to wear on a neck strap pumping stuff in for 96 hours continuously. It feeds into a Hickman line in my chest. I dread one of my kids pulling on this thing one day. I had to give myself injections of GCSF every day for 10 days to boost clean stem cell production. The next stage is going in for some really bad chemo that will kill my bone marrow / stem cells completely over a seven day period. Then they will infuse my harvested cells back in. Hopefully, I won't get an infection that will put me in a box in the meantime.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #97
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Good luck & well wishes Roosta
Old 03-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #98
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Thanks for the explanation, Roosta. I guess you should avoid whorehouses and opium dens for a bit.
Best of luck, we'll be rooting for you.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #99
monster
I hear them call the tide

Roosta, best of luck with it all, please take your comp and internet access into your bubble -you don't need to be isolated from us. If Bruce doesn't ban us we're certified virus-free
Old 03-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #100
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Roosta--my heart and hope goes out over the sea to you and I will keep you in my thoughts. Compared to what you are going thru, my chemo was a walk in the park. Oh, my. You have your work cut out for you but YOU CAN DO this. Are you in any pain? That's what wrecked my world for a bit--the taxotere gave me constant, gnawing bone pain that nothing got rid of (the Rx they gave me just made it bearable) but now I see how constant pain will change a person.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #101
Roosta
Nutter.

I was given Rituximab and Vinchristine for nearly a year. During the three hours it took to get it in my veins, I felt as if I was being kicked in the stomach. They gave me morphine and gas/air but It still made me crease. In the end they sedated me so I slept through the pain. It left me feeling battered for days but the 20 steroid tablets I had to take for ten days after kept me awake even though I was really tired. Thanks to you all for your nice comments, I will beat this thing! Cheers, everyone!
Old 03-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #102
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Roosta---you are a warrior. I cannot imagine your ordeal. Holy moly, I hope they are giving you good drugs to cope. 20 steroids? I was given IV steroids and then a few by mouth after the chemo and it made me very nuts and crazy and I cried for DAYS. (Though, in my awful defense, I was going thru chemo induced menopause, too) but, shite, dude/dudess. Please keep us updated on how you are doing--even if it is only a word or two (I know the fatigue) but please keep us informed. I, one of many, I am sure, am sending you good vibes, good love and good healing.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #103
Pie
Gone and done

Roosta, best of luck. My father is currently undergoing a chord blood BMT for CLL, so I can certainly sympathize with the treatments you describe. Are they doing a mini-auto, or full?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #104
Roosta
Nutter.

The stems are mine, harvested a few weeks ago. I don't fancy the prospect of someone elses stems - there is a 20% chance of not making it through due to the the new immune system rejecting me!! My brother and sister weren't matches for me so my own being implanted again was the best option.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #105
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Roosta, all the best of luck to you and you have my greatest respect for posting about the experience.

If you ever fancy a visit from a complete stranger you can always PM me your details and I'll see what I can do about finding your locale for a cup of tea and a cake. My shout I promise
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote