The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-15-2001, 11:32 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

This gentleman is a frog farmer. He wants to start a frog farming industry in America. He has developed a frog farming system that could "reduce America's reliance on imported bullfrogs".

I'll wait for you to stop laughing.

Still waiting.

It turns out that the US imported 3.7 million frogs last year. Some got et - frog's legs go for almost $4/pound. Some got cut up - the other big use for these guys is dissection, in science classes.

I would like to farm them so that I could turn hundreds of them loose at the same time - during a rain storm, in the middle of Manhattan. I believe this has the capability to be one of the world's greatest practical jokes ever. But I'm not interested in buying this gentleman's setup, and neither is anyone else. Although he has been successful at farming frogs for four decades, nobody has bought his pre-packaged frog farming system. Experts say costs just aren't right in the US for raising frogs.

So until congress establishes the national strategic reserve of bullfrogs, I suppose our national dependence on imported frogs will continue.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2001, 08:04 AM   #2
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

No words. No words to convey the utter hatred and disdain I hold this person in right now.

~Mike
Old 06-17-2001, 02:42 AM   #3
jaguar
whig

HE looks so serious...how could anyone look so serious while being interviewed about this?
I suppose you'd get a bit sick of the people bursting out laughing at you when you told you what they did for a living after a while...