Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #6511
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Winkle View Post
I have a Droid X, and as far as I can figure out, you can't. I'm not getting another droid when I can upgrade in June, if they don't fix that.

I guess I could probably fix it myself but, shit, I really don't want to.
You can. I fingered it out. Go to your text message screen then select the menu button and scroll down to. Vibrate and turn it on. That may not be the exact proceedure but that is where it is, in the messaging area menu.

Last edited by plthijinx; 03-06-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: damn you autocorrect!
plthijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #6512
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

On and SG? You looked marvelous there!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #6513
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx View Post
You can. I fingered it out. Go to your text message screen then select the menu button and scroll down to. Vibrate and turn it on. That may not be the exact proceedure but that is where it is, in the messaging area menu.
#awaitingdroidhusbandawayapp
Old 03-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #6514
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

One term left to go! I am dragging my buns. I noticed in my mail box a pdf certificate for the Deans list way back on Feb 7th. My second one. I don't earn a certificate when Algebra is involved as next term I will be taking Business math and that will drag my GPA down again as algebra did. I can do it, I am just s...l..o..w.. in math. willy slow

Well all in all. I feel happy about the GPA. 3.42. Top 15 %. I feel a little less tired now.

Only a little, but good enough it deserves a highlight post.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #6515
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

You're doing great Sky. Just remember it's not a sprint it's a marathon - and you're on the final mile.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #6516
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Thanks Pete!
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #6517
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
You're doing great Sky. Just remember it's not a sprint it's a marathon - and you're on the final mile.
And, if it's the Portland marathon, you get a beer to help you through it.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #6518
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Had a GREAT session today with the tiger cub and his Speech Therapist.
He lost focus part way through (I blame the heat of the room - it's always like a furnace in the Special Education Needs room) but then I would of course.

During the First, Last, Next game - which involved pieces of paper, he started flicking them at me when the sequence was completed. But when we moved onto the worksheet he was well focused - if a bit slower than usual - and at the end he looked me full in the eyes to say goodbye without prompting (he initiated it! and he maintained eye contact for all three words!)

The Therapist is so happy with his progress that she will discuss taking his hours down to from one a week to three hours a term. Although I am to receive extra training and stay in email contact.

He's come along so well. Obviously I am following the programme given by the ST, but I'm so pleased to have confirmation that it is working and he is progressing as well as I think he is. We are establishing more and more of a rapport, which although it doesn't necessarily help him interact with all strangers/ adults, does mean that I can work with him in a class setting without him feeling uncomfortable.

I think it helps in a small way that if we work 1:1 during a choosing session (children get to choose what they do - they're only 4-5 after all) I have to send other children away. They are always curious and sometimes quite jealous. Sometimes it's because we play a game each session as a reward. Sometimes it's because they hear the Tiger laughing. But mostly it's because children that age want to be included. One session twice a week the cub chooses one or two friends to join him. Funnily enough, this was instigated to help teach "taking turns". Who was the one I didn't have to speak to about the correct order of turns in Pop Up Pirates? Arrrrgh, you got it.

Happy day indeed.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:57 AM   #6519
casimendocina
Professor

The pics of SG dressed up as the Queen of Hearts are great.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #6520
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

My two friends in Japan have checked in and are safe. One is trapped at his office indefinitely because the trains are down, but it's a power thing, not a proximity thing. They are fine.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #6521
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I was told by a friend today that I am happy that I am not addicted to opiates, something, I guess, that happens a lot.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #6522
Nirvana
Back in 10

My friend in Japan FINALLY emailed me to tell me she and her family were terrified but that they are all safe.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #6523
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

My individual health deductible is only $2500, I thought it was going to be $5000. Another $800 about and I'll meet that obligation, then I go to a 80/20 split. Whew! Finally have a surgery date. May 17. I'm ready to get this over with!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #6524
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

What's making me happy is actually something that happned last week. But I keep getting a little buzz from the memory ;p

My birthday pressie from J was two tickets to see Richard Herring's new standup show: Christ on a Bike. So, last Thursday off we went to Bradford Alhambra's studio theatre to see Herring. Wow. What a night. That man is so funny. I literally pulled a muscle in my abdomen I laughed so hard.

As it was in the studio, it was quite an intimate venue, and J and I were sat front and centre. No stage, just an open area in front of the seating. I could practically have touched him. I didn't. That would have been a stalkerish move. But I did go and get a signed copy of his 'coming of age' memoir, How Not to Grow Up.

Quickfire points about the night:

I saw the two empty seats at the front and made a beeline for them. Only after we'd been sitting there for a few minutes and all other seats begun to fill did J suggest that the reason the seats had been empty is because anybody sitting there is gonna get picked on...

So, in light of Herring's new messiah persona, he decided he needed some disciples. Asks J:

'You'll be my disciple won't you sir? What's your name?

J answers: 'Judah'

long pause

Herring: 'Are you lying?'

J: 'Nope'

Herring: ... 'ok. Well, (echoes an earlier point about 'Peter who was named Simon') I'm renaming you anyway: Judah who was named Trevor.'

'So, Trev, what do you do for a living?'

Trev: 'I teach at XXXX University'

Herring: 'Great what do you teach?

Trev: 'Computer Games'

Long pause...

I can't recall exactly what was said after that. I do recall my opinion being sought regarding coveting an ox, and whether or not that was worse than bumming it. Oh, and something about a small anointment.

It loses something in the translation...

Anyway. Very funny.

I loved every minute of it. best Birthday pressie in years. I've been a fan of Herring since he first started out, back when it was him and Stewart Lee doing a double act. But have never seen him live til now.

For the uninitiated, here's a clip of Richard Herring from 2009: oh, prolly should stick a nsfw warning on this

Last edited by DanaC; 03-13-2011 at 09:18 AM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #6525
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

My cow orker came over and apologized. I kept looking for a sign that it was an approachable situation, and I wasn't getting those signals. I, of course, apologized too. We've both been going through a lot. It just really really bothered me. We had a work hug and reaffirmed our buddiness.

Roses and angels in the world...gotta watch for them.