The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #6406
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

<----jumping up and down waving hand in air...look at post #6403 (errr two posts up)
Old 02-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #6407
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I'm home. That makes me happy.

Got to work Friday morning at 730. Left the office Saturday night at 7 pm. Back in the office Sunday at 3 pm. Home today at 430 pm, including a three hour break for home duties. I'm tired. But hey, I get next Friday off gratis. Eight hours free for the forty plus I put in over the weekend... wait. whut?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #6408
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

that sounds like a raw deal there bro! so the 8 hours gratis friday will be spent...4 hours sleeping and 4 hours home duties? then the other 16 at work?
Old 02-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #6409
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Today I found the cause and fixed a particularly stealthy bug in our product. I never get tired of that feeling.

Nailed the bugger. Makes me feel like a detective.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #6410
Tulip
Professor

The box of fine chocolates I ordered came. Trying my hardest not to finish the box in a day. Too damn expensive to eat them all so quickly.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #6411
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I Dont know WHY This is Soo Damn FUNNY to me ( Other than I could use a Laugh )
Old 02-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #6412
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Camels are usually funny.
Tickling is usually funny.
How could tickling a camel not be funny?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #6413
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Mrs. Z's homemade cinnamon rolls. Yum.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #6414
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
Today I found the cause and fixed a particularly stealthy bug in our product. I never get tired of that feeling.

Nailed the bugger. Makes me feel like a detective.
I hope you let it go outside, rather than literally nailing it. Like in The Wicker Man.

Today I saw Tiger's Speech Therapist with him. She asked me to conduct a session and she would watch and evaluate. AARGH! I observed her at our previous - and only - session and have only been working with him one-to-one for a week! I had come woefully unprepared, assuming I would be observing again. She looked a little narked as I scurried back to the classroom to get my things. But it's very likely that was in my head.

The cub behaved very well, was focused and generally behaved as he does when we work together (and certainly NOT like he did that morning, when our session ended in tears as he could hear his classmates singing his favourite songs in the classroom - I had to let him go back). She said she was very happy with his progress, our rapport and she said I have an instinctive gift of matching my language to his level of learning

In a game we played, there was a choice of singing a song; she'd suggested I leave that option out - as with another to tell a joke - because she thought he wouldn't be capable. However I know from the classroom that they sing at least four songs a day, and he enjoys it, so he did choose it as an option, although he half sung/ half whispered it along with me (whereas he sings out when we are together). She wasn't impressed at my ability to get him to sing, but very pleased that I had noticed his preferences and adapted accordingly.

Of course she picked up on some things to change/ improve, but I left feeling very positive and that I'm doing a good job.

Also our teacher was assessed this morning and was given a level of Outstanding, for which she thanked us all. The other Tas and I weren't being assessed specifically, but we were delivering her lesson plans and obviously reflected on her. I was playing skittles as part of Numeracy - teaching the children basic tally work, counting on, the concept of totals and addition, and the beginnings of recognising how tables are laid out. Tiger was part of my group and worked beautifully. This was before the song-trouble.

Oh and Grandad is being looked after far better, was in a chair this afternoon, has been fed the last two lunchtimes (Mum is there for teatime) and things are looking up. He is still slightly confused, confiding to Mum that he wasn't on a real hospital ward, but on a filmset. we think this might be because things have changed so much at Stoke since he was last in hospital - looking after Nanny 12 hours a day before she came home to die. One of his suspicions is that there are no flowers (hygeine) and no-one visits (they do, but only after 15.00, whereas Nanny was on a terminal ward so visits were pretty much round the clock).
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #6415
monster
I hear them call the tide

There are no flowers for "hygeine" reasons? WTF?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #6416
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Same reason they confiscated the flannels (remember those?) and towels Mum left to wash and dry him.
There have been so many deaths of vulnerable patients from SARS et al, there is little deemed extraneous left on wards. I would expect even cards are suspect these days.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #6417
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Flowers are also banned for allergy's sake.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #6418
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
Same reason they confiscated the flannels (remember those?) and towels Mum left to wash and dry him.
There have been so many deaths of vulnerable patients from SARS et al, there is little deemed extraneous left on wards. I would expect even cards are suspect these days.
*sigh* that's ridiculous. Mental well-being is a large part of overall health. How can one not go insane in such an environment? it's political correctness gone mad!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #6419
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
... it's political correctness gone mad!
Have you been reading the Daily Mail?

Last edited by limey; 02-18-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: to remove extraneous Russian characters which snuck in when I wasn't looking!
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #6420
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

She's not quoting The Taxpayer's Alliance, so probably not.