The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 AM   #121
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

You are born with the natural right to own any piece of property that you acquire honestly. You can sell your labor and use the fruits of your labor (money) to buy property. You have a right to own the property that you've acquired either through purchase, gifts, inheritance, etc.

No other person or group of people has any claim to property that is yours. This doesn't change based on their perceived wants or needs.

All human rights come from the right to own property. We own ourselves, therefore we own our labor. When we sell or trade our labor for property, that property is an extension of ourselves. We own our minds, therefore we own our thoughts and can think freely. We own our voice so we can speak freely. The freedom of any society can be measured in how much respect is given to the sanctity of private property ownership.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:59 AM   #122
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I would like to reiterate my point.

California sucks ass becaue Radar lives there. That is all. Carry on.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #123
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
You are born with the natural right to own any piece of property that you acquire honestly.

All human rights come from the right to own property.
Hmm...
Old 02-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #124
FloridaNativeIndian

California Sucks. Period.

I came out from Florida to help a family member with their new home in June '10. I have spent 7 months dealing with Californicatied pricks, pussies and a**holes.
I am disgusted, somewhat in shock, and just plain fed up.
Most of the people I have met are arrogant, think they know it all, are uppity, and just full of shit. But,, everyone is pretty, including the men!
Californians act like they are better than every other state in the U.S.
I've dealt with businesses and individuals and to be honest, I've never seen so much BULL & UN-PROFESSIONAL crap.
Radio Shack, Home Depot, Pizza Hut, you name it and there are dumbasses who work there screwing up orders or wasting patrons time.
Californians pay more attention to how they look and speak rather than doing their damn jobs. No wonder the state is broke. People collect thier paychecks but sure as hell don't work for them.
They use big proper words that apparently fool themselves into thinking that they know what they're talking about. Not!
The weather sucks. It rained twice in 3 months, each time raining for 10 minutes. No wonder your dry ass state burns.
Law enforcement is like a scene from every bad movie you see on TV. Cops busting meth heads or wanna be gang members. Even worse, "profiling" must have been created in CA. It happened to me!
All I can say is this, I honestly thought I might be pleasantly pleased with the "plastic people" of this Dry ass state. I was waaay wrong!

California: Where the women act like men and the men talk and sound like little girls. Look at Jesse James of West Coast Choopers. He sounds like a fucking lil pussy girl! Men here sound just like him!

F.U.C.K. Y.O.U. SOCAL ! Burn or Fall into the Ocean soon, PLEASE!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #125
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I'm with Radar here, not that he needs my support.

However, I think the ad-hominem attacks tend to misdirect the discussion. Both by his throwing the "cunt" word around, and by the people making jabs at "Americans" based on his comments and bringing past conflict into new discussion, among other things.

If you haven't done so yet, I highly recommend every single person interested in the United States Constitution to go to google video and search for Michael Badnarik Constitution Class.

Even if you don't agree with what he's saying, it's a clear, concise, logical explanation of Libertarian views.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #126
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxCougar View Post
I'm with Radar here, not that he needs my support.

However, I think the ad-hominem attacks tend to misdirect the discussion. Both by his throwing the "cunt" word around, and by the people making jabs at "Americans" based on his comments and bringing past conflict into new discussion, among other things.

If you haven't done so yet, I highly recommend every single person interested in the United States Constitution to go to google video and search for Michael Badnarik Constitution Class.

Even if you don't agree with what he's saying, it's a clear, concise, logical explanation of Libertarian views.
Thread is 2 freaking years old dude.....
Old 02-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #127
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

And den?

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #128
TheMercenary

Radar is long gone. Do you drag up shit arguments you have with your family that are 2 years old just to comment on them and take a side? I usually find it counter productive. But hey, there are a lot of people who love to drag up shit from the past to make a point. Just my thoughts....
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #129
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Actually, Florida bumped the post, and TBH, I read the thread through from the beginning and didn't look at the date. The argument to me seemed very relavent to right now, and had no real commentary that "dated" the posts to alert me that it was older than perhaps a week.

And since you're being a dick, I'll just mention that a few years ago, I really liked your style, and generally agreed with you on things. You weren't so ... mean spirited. So quick to anger, frustration and annoyance. Then I went away and came back, and went away and came back, and I'm now I'm noticing with "fresh" eyes the way things have changed here. It's not just this post, which was, in fact, a fuck up on my part for not looking at the date. You really didn't HAVE to respond like you did, but you chose to come at me that way for no fucking reason. What have I done to you to warrant such a response?

I hadn't noticed Radar was long gone, because again, I've been gone for some time as well, but then again, I didn't bump the thread.

My bad.

So, sorry that I didn't check the dates.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #130
TheMercenary

Not trying to be a dick man nor am I trying to be mean spirited. But I get a lot of that around here, someone dragging up some BS that I said in a pointed exchange with another poster and trying to make some point with it. I did not mean for it to sound like I was coming after you for it, other than sharing my thoughts on another example of dragging something up from the past... Peace dude.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #131
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Actually, Florida bumped the post, and TBH, I read the thread through from the beginning and didn't look at the date. The argument to me seemed very relavent to right now, and had no real commentary that "dated" the posts to alert me that it was older than perhaps a week.

And since you're being a dick, I'll just mention that a few years ago, I really liked your style, and generally agreed with you on things. You weren't so ... mean spirited. So quick to anger, frustration and annoyance. Then I went away and came back, and went away and came back, and I'm now I'm noticing with "fresh" eyes the way things have changed here. It's not just this post, which was, in fact, a fuck up on my part for not looking at the date. You really didn't HAVE to respond like you did, but you chose to come at me that way for no fucking reason. What have I done to you to warrant such a response?

I hadn't noticed Radar was long gone, because again, I've been gone for some time as well, but then again, I didn't bump the thread.

My bad.

So, sorry that I didn't check the dates.
Put him on ignore - you'll be happier.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #132
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

@Merc: I'm a chick, dude.

And I honestly wasn't trying to bring anything up. I thought it was a current discussion. I'm not out to get anyone here, I have no agenda. I'm not the kind of person that likes hurting people. Even people I don't like.

I don't like putting people on ignore, Spexx...but that new Cherri person went straight on the ignore feature with the first post I saw. Merc brings something to a discussion, while that person doesn't. I'm not down with people who post shit like that and whore for a different board. It disrupts my internal "how one should behave in an established community" compass.

~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #133
glatt

I've noticed with Merc that sometimes he's on the ball, and sometimes he isn't. I think some of his posts are in the middle of working a double or triple shift, he's bored, has half an hour to kill, and he comes into the Cellar and spreads a bunch of crappy posts all over the place, and then he leaves. Other times he posts coherently. ymmv
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #134
TheMercenary

Quote:
@Merc: I'm a chick, dude.

And I honestly wasn't trying to bring anything up. I thought it was a current discussion. I'm not out to get anyone here, I have no agenda. I'm not the kind of person that likes hurting people. Even people I don't like.

I don't like putting people on ignore, Spexx...but that new Cherri person went straight on the ignore feature with the first post I saw. Merc brings something to a discussion, while that person doesn't. I'm not down with people who post shit like that and whore for a different board. It disrupts my internal "how one should behave in an established community" compass.
Sorry about that dude comment....
Old 02-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #135
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I've noticed with Merc that sometimes he's on the ball, and sometimes he isn't. I think some of his posts are in the middle of working a double or triple shift, he's bored, has half an hour to kill, and he comes into the Cellar and spreads a bunch of crappy posts all over the place, and then he leaves. Other times he posts coherently. ymmv
Says more about my mood and current state of "what is pissing me off at the moment", but yea, I should avoid posting after those 48 and 57 hour shifts....