The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Parenting

Parenting Bringing up the shorties so they aren't completely messed up

Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #91
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Great pics!!! The boys are precious and you're looking good too. I like the hair
Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #92
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Very handsome!!

A question Sundae.

Are you or your Dad lefties? I don't think you are since you appear to be wearing a watch on your left wrist, where most righties wear theirs. But your Dad and you are both cradling the baby in your right arm. I'm a goofy foot when it comes to surfing and maybe when it comes to babies too, but my most natural posture for carrying a baby that size is in my left arm, leaving my right hand free for the bottle, or tickles or whatever.

I'm curious.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #93
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I think it was just the way he was handed to me, to be honest.

Diz always wants to be over my left shoulder, so I know I switched Jacky over when I moved inside, as the comparison made me smile. Jack's heavier than Diz now, he wasn't when he was born though! Fat knacker of a cat is back on a diet.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #94
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Thank you.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #95
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Oh, you're right re my Dad being sinister though.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #96
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I think it was just the way he was handed to me, to be honest.

Diz always wants to be over my left shoulder, so I know I switched Jacky over when I moved inside, as the comparison made me smile. Jack's heavier than Diz now, he wasn't when he was born though! Fat knacker of a cat is back on a diet.
how dexterous of you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Oh, you're right re my Dad being sinister though.
muaahhahahahahahahahaha~!

Old 11-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #97
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Halloween pics of the babbas.
No idea which is which, sorry!
But Skelly-Boy looks like Simon Pegg.
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #98
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

He does indeed! In fact...
Attached Images

Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #99
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I love that other guy-he is just so funny. He reminds me of...well, I guess me; not that I'm funny but that I'm that level of slacker.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #100
Griff
still says videotape

We watched Paul the other night, those guys are hilarious.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #101
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Paul had me in stitches.

@ Sundae: Babies are lookin cute. Cute and healthy
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #102
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Babies are looking so cute
Old 11-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #103
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

40th Birthday Conclusion

My brother bought me tickets to a theme park for my birthday.
We went on Guy Fawkes (5th November)

Here is my report.

We set off on the 07.24 train. Walked to the front of course, as we both know that Marylebone is the terminal, therefore the further up the train you are, the further up the platform. We were trying to get a specific train to Staines, to catch a specific bus, to get the Thorpe Park before it opened at 10.00. We had 37 minutes to get across London. In rush hour.

I did think I’d blown it - when we got on at Aylesbury the train was already pretty full (there is a stop beforehand - Aylesbury Parkway) so I chose two seats in the middle of the carriage. No. Do not do this. You will get stuck behind grannies and faffers. People from other carriages will get to the barriers before you. Said grannies and faffers, who dither finding their tickets. Tcha.

I was also too slow to get travel photos, as by the third stop I was hemmed in and so was Stevo and my camera was in my bag in the luggage rack..

Anyway, we both know our way around the Tube. Marylebone to Waterloo is a simple skip down the Bakerloo Line. We had to let the first train go as it was rammed (we’d allowed for this.) The next one we made sure we were in pole position (the right part of the platform to be in front of the doors) and crushed in regardless.

We hiked up the escalators at Waterloo (which reminded me I have thigh muscles - as they were complaining) and made the Staines train by two minutes. I don’t know about trains in other parts of the world, but trains from London lock their doors electronically 30 seconds prior to departure to avoid accidents. You snooze you lose.

Bus was waiting for the train at Staines station. Very sensible service, timed purely for Thorpe Park. Sounds obvious but this is public transport and you can’t expect that. When I lived in a village the choice was to spend 14 minutes or 4 hours in Aylesbury, neither of which suited my needs.

We got there at 09.55 and joined the queue. Very happy peoples. This was the last day of the season and the Monday after (most) schools had had a weeks holiday for half term. We hoped for blue skies, hardly any childer and short queuing times. We got them.

I’d scrambled over and under and into and out of every website I could find about the park. I had a plan. It was all about where to head first and why and when and how best to avoid 90 minute queues (yes, they do happen in the summer.) I was determined to come away having ridden ALL the big rides, even though some of them terrified me.

Turns out there was no need, apart from satisfying my pedant itch. Place was E.M.P.T.Y. By summer standards at least. We walked onto most rides, longest queuing time 7 minutes. Oh, except Nemesis Inferno - Ste had a hankering for the first row so we waited for 25 minutes. Hey-ho, I indulged him. He was paying (well actually more because he is my brother and I love him and this was the best day out I think I have ever had.)

Looking at the queue in front of us at the entrance to the park - 70? people? - I suggested to Ste that we did The Swarm first after all. It’s new this year and the attraction most people hit first. Ste said, “Go on then - we’ll walk past most of these people anyway.” And he was right. Thorpe Park is a lot smaller than Alton Towers, not having gardens or ruins or a cable car. It’s easy to get around.

Yup - we waited less than five minutes. Were on about the third ride of the day. At the docking station I suddenly felt apprehensive. The first drop looks nothing when walking in, but the ride is partly sunken, if you get what I mean. The initial climb seemed interminable. I am pleased to report that my mind did not snap (my major fear on rides is my sanity) and Ste and I screamed and howled simultaneously. A brother and sister scream team.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 11-12-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #104
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

More of the theming (is that even a word?)
Taken at different times of the day - I went on it three times, Steven went on it twice but was camera-boy for my solo ride.
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #105
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The Swarm was great fun.
As I said, we were both really screamy.

Its selling point is that you are out on "wings" so you have nothing above you and nothing underneath you. Can't say that it added anything special for me; I screamed just as much on the log flime and you are very obviously encased in a plastic log!

Steven felt a bit Tom-Dick after another ride, so I had a solo ride later in the day. We also chose it as our last ride, riding in twilight. I'm glad I had all three experiences - blue skies, slightly overcast (high noon) and after official sunset.

Official ride photo and me on the ride. Not that you can see me. I only know I am on it myself because Stevo assured me I was. One thing I found - if you are totally obsessed that a family member can see you/ catch you on camera, no ride in the world can cause you any fear. I never put my arms up on a rollercoaster, despite loving them - my second time on The Swarm I don't think my hands even touched the restraint, I was too busy making sure Ste saw my red gloves.
Attached Images