The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #6181
Nirvana
Back in 10

I have not driven my car for about 2 weeks because all it does is snow here. Well I wanted to drive it today and some $%##^%^$# mouse has made a nest right on top of the engine and chewed a wire to the black box thingamabob that goes to the engine or somethin' WTF!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #6182
Cloud

well, any tips for washing one's hair with half gallon of water? a sponge bath I can do, but I'd really like to wash my hair before work tomorrow. If we even are working, with no water.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #6183
monster
I hear them call the tide

Is this all the water you have, or the imposed rules?

Tip is not to use shampoo and re-use the water several times -put it in a bowl, bend your head over and use a jug to pour it over your head. Massage your scalp between waterings.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #6184
Cloud

well, I have more water than half a gallon in several containers; fortunately I had about 20 minutes' notice, but no water out of the tap. We're in a city-wide "water emergency" to conserve water. Not to hard, since I don't have any!

thanks for the tip; that sounds good
Old 02-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #6185
Nirvana
Back in 10

Can you buy a jug somewhere close? 2 gallons would do it. 1/2 to get wet, 1/2 to rinse shampoo, and one whole jug to rinse the conditioner and get everything all out..
Old 02-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #6186
wolf
lobber of scimitars

There are several brands of waterless shampoo available. If you can't find any, you can fake it with some baby powder ... comb it through your hair and it will soak up any excess oil.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #6187
Cloud

I have jugs of drinking water, and several buckets worth of probably non-potable unless I boil it. But water is scarce in the stores, and we have no idea how long this stupid crisis will end, so 1/2 gallon was my estimate of the least amount I could use.

oh, and I've already done the powder trick, but I'd prefer actual washed hair for work tomorrow, as it's already been several days.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #6188
monster

We are generally a shampoo-free household. It takes much less water. But you have to wash it more often whilst your scalp gets used to it. The afore-mentioned process is how I wash my hair when we are backwoods camping. It works just fine. It's nicer and works better with hot water. But cold works too. If you really really really need to use shampoo, I would rinse as I described a few times, and then use the minimal amount of shampoo you can get away with, concentrating on the scalp/roots, then do one final watering to rinse that out
Old 02-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #6189
Cloud

excellent; this is what I need, thanks!

I've tried the "no-poo/low-poo" thing for several months, as I do have curly hair. in the end, I didn't like the way it left my hair, so I went back to sulfate free shampoo. Like that better.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #6190
monster

We started the kids out shampoo-free, but when they became swimmers, we found they needed chlorine-stripping shampoo occasionally, and intensive conditioner. My (short) hair is great without shampoo, but I do use shampoo everytime I bleach to make sure the bleach is washed out. That's maybe 3 times a year. Beest never uses shampoo -stopped before i did, about 20 years ago, but his thick long hair gets lanky if he misses a day in the shower.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #6191
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Shampoo for our real friends and real poo for our sham friends!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #6192
Cloud

well, did it. sponge bath and "manual" hair washing. I feel refreshed! we'll see how my hair looks tomorrow, ha!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #6193
Nirvana
Back in 10

Was told by my mechanic it must have been a %$^&&^& squirrel as opposed to a regular squirrel because he ate thru an entire plug wire and part of the smaller wiring. %$^$^%$&*& They will replace all the plug wires which means removing part of the engine and all he could tell me was that he hates PT Cruisers because of this. Wonder how much that bill will be >:-/
Old 02-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #6194
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I have to have my whole damn thyroid removed.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #6195
monster

rly? why? beest got away with having only half removed, but some doctors were gung-ho for the whole thing. Did you get a bazillion opinions? Scary stuff, mtp, very upsetting, I agree

Tags
swiss