The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 11:18 PM   #1
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Well folks, I may be losing my job in the next few days...long story.

In any case, whether I get fired or not, I am looking to move forward from my current job into something that is more along the lines of what I'd like to do.

Here is an abbreviated version of my resume, minus my personal info-- http://syc75.tripod.com/resumeshort.html

Essentially, I am hoping to move into a trainer/consultant type of position. I've been in the customer service field for 15,000 years, so I think I'd be good in training people in it.

If any of you know anyone looking for help, or have any suggestions for job searching, let me know. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2001, 02:12 AM   #2
jaguar
whig

15000?
either your
a: exagerating
b: typo
c: dead
d: a tree
e: god

which is it? =)
Old 05-11-2001, 09:32 AM   #3
Dagnabit
High Propagandist

No man

if you work in that field, every hour counts for 100.
Old 05-11-2001, 09:47 AM   #4
russotto
Professor

Re: No man

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagnabit
if you work in that field, every hour counts for 100.
And every consultant has at leat 10 years experience in whatever area you want him for.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:11 PM   #5
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally posted by jaguar
15000?
either your
a: exagerating
b: typo
c: dead
d: a tree
e: god

which is it? =)
Well, a sycamore IS a tree...

Every job I've held since 1991 has been a customer service job. From starting as a busser at a restaurant to being an assistant manager at a large drug/retail store...in person, over the phone, and over the internet...I've seen it all, done it all, bought the t-shirt, etc. I've seen a lot of good things done...and I've learned a lot in what NOT to do. I definitely feel I can offer expertise to a company wishing to improve their customer service. Not to mention, I can train employees to do the job right. I just need their attention and some time...not a lot of time, but enough to make it stick.

I had better get going on the new job front, seeing as I submitted my resignation today...I'll be leaving my current job on June 8th. Now I'm hoping they'll cut me loose early so that I have even more time to search.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:13 PM   #6
elSicomoro

Re: Re: No man

Quote:
Originally posted by russotto
And every consultant has at leat 10 years experience in whatever area you want him for.
A ha! :-)

Truth be told, I don't hear about much demand for customer service consultants. But I definitely think it's a field open to expansion. With this new generation of kids coming up, I don't think they'll be gotten to with the old ways. Not to mention, I'm only 25. So, I'd like to think of myself as a human bridge. ;-)
Old 06-07-2001, 06:37 PM   #7
Manitcor
Kinda New Member

Thumbs up First Post: Check out Convergys

Big out sourcer of customer service and support solutions was there for about a year and a half. Good place decent benifits and theres even one in Penn.

And hes right 1 hour does = 100 in customer support it also really shows you how dumb most americans are.
Closed Thread