FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2004, 12:49 PM   #10
redsonia
Wet Nurse's Aide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagney
Okay, I REALLY need someone to explain to me (apparently because I'm stupid) why someone who voted for Bush is a retarted rabbit.

. . .

You may not be happy with what happened last night. You may be plotting to have Ohio surgically removed from the union. You may even be thinking about moving to Canada (mapquest has good directions....have at it). But why does a difference in opinion make someone stupid?
We had this discussion last night, while watching the election returns. I have voted before, many times, and my choice has lost sometimes. I have never felt as much rage and befuddlement as I have felt during this election. I think, more than anything, it's the war in Iraq.

Economic and domestic differences are minor compared to the fact that innocent people (i.e. collateral damage) are being killed regularly by American forces. People who vote for George Bush are endorsing this kind of behaviour and I feel it's a divide I cannot bridge.

I have to believe it's stupidity of the sort herd animals exhibit when blindly following a herd leader. Otherwise, it's a deliberate decision on the American voter's part that other people in the world are not worth as much as Americans are. ("If we fight the terror war in Iraq, they'll leave the U.S. alone." Why is an Iraqi child worth less than an American one?) If our vote is deliberate rather than sheer stupidity, I am ashamed to be an American. We are the terrorists in Iraq, and we deserve what we get. And George Bush will NEVER get his hands on my children to fight his senseless, evil wars.
redsonia is offline   Reply With Quote