The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 05-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

May 8, 2007: Paris Hilton autopsy art [sorta NSFW]

Suggested by Cloud, thanks! She's not dead, and we actually don't wish she were, except that we do wish her career as an abrupt an ending as possible. With her recent jail sentence, we all fiercely enjoyed a judge wiping her little trademark smirk right off her face. It may be at least the end of this phase of her fame.

Other than that, you are familiar with the drill: what we have here is art, a work by one Daniel Edwards; at least that's the pretense for presenting this Paris Hilton model. It's shown here as a pre-finished form clay model. The completed item will feature an abdominal cavity, which people can reach into and remove her internal organs.

The entire thing is wrapped in a theme, as the woman is to have died in a drunk driving accident.
Quote:
Paris Hilton's naked "corpse" could provide an invaluable service to students preparing for prom this season. An interactive Public Service Announcement featuring the graphic display of a tiara-wearing, autopsied Paris Hilton with removable innards is designed to warn teenagers of the hazards of underage drinking. The display also features Tinkerbell, Hilton's forlorn pet Chihuahua with matching tiara, and debuts in the trendy Williamsburg, Brooklyn neighborhood where prom-goers frequently dine, courtesy of Capla Kesting Fine Art.

"Campaign to Rescue Women of Youth" featuring "The Paris Hilton Autopsy" offers a cadaveric nude Paris Hilton, laid out with twisted body and opened abdominal cavity on a coroner's table, while her cell phone remains in her grip. The 'unglamorous' display which includes support material from Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) counters "the disturbingly glamorized trend of Hollywood's 'girls gone wild'," according to gallery director, David Kesting.
And there's a twist:
Quote:
With Paris's legs splayed in stirrups for postmortem pelvic examination, the "Hilton Autopsy" tragically reveals drunk driving's heartbreaking collateral damage - a "double abortion" of fetal twins discovered in her uterus.
The exhibit opens in Brooklyn on Friday.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
soybean
Neophyte-in-training

Call me a Republican or something...

Q: What is the difference between Paris Hilton and either of the Bush twins?

A: Paris Hilton has a job. Love her "product" or hate it, she has enough of an audience that she hosted Saturday Night Live. The woman is gainfully employed.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

A: Paris Hilton has a job. Love her "product" or hate it, she has enough of an audience that she hosted Saturday Night Live. The woman is gainfully employed.
She is also a racist, snob, bitch and deserves more than 45 days in prison.
I hope she has to share a cell with someone serving time for killing a child while driving drunk. Maybe then it will dawn on her that you don't drink and drive.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:31 AM   #4
milkfish
A serene breakdown

Ew. At least it isn't going to be made of chocolate. (I hope.)
Old 05-08-2007, 10:19 AM   #5
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

"...reveals drunk driving's heartbreaking collateral damage"? Chuh!

More likely the pose is simply convenient for all those dry-humping quasi-artist-types out there.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
"...reveals drunk driving's heartbreaking collateral damage"? Chuh!

More likely the pose is simply convenient for all those dry-humping quasi-artist-types out there.
Actually it's posed that way to reflect the real Paris.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Welcome to the Cellar, soybean.
Her position as a teacher is very valuable to society, being an excellent example of money doesn't equal brains or class.
She also gives everyone an opportunity to realize if they give two shits about what she is doing, with whom, or where, they need to get a life.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #8
Hyoi
Faithful Companion

More likely the pose is simply convenient for all those dry-humping quasi-artist-types out there.......Brianna

Damn it, Brianna. Couldn't you have waited until the show was over? Now what am I gonna do?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #9
Hime
Extraordinary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

At least one of the Bush twins has a job -- she's a public school teacher in DC. Hard job, trust me.

Also, while I support the anti-drunk-driving message, this is gross. They should have just made an anonymous victim, not violated the privacy of a real person.
Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #10
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime View Post
At least one of the Bush twins has a job -- she's a public school teacher in DC. Hard job, trust me.
I hope she has a security detail.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #11
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

I think she is hot and represents women well. Oh, that and she shaves her crotch.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #12
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I think she is hot and represents women well.

Yeah, very much like how Mike Tyson represents men well.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #13
Hime
Extraordinary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I think she is hot and represents women well. Oh, that and she shaves her crotch.
I am confused about the "representing women well" comment. Also, don't most women shave/wax their crotches?
Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #14
soybean
Neophyte-in-training

yer absolutely right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime View Post

Also, while I support the anti-drunk-driving message, this is gross. They should have just made an anonymous victim, not violated the privacy of a real person.
thank you for setting me straight. indeed, a quick google and the washington post sez both twins are involved in education. Jenna is a teacher. Barbara.. ?? i couldn't tell. all this active contribution to society must be due to Laura's influence.

I agree that teaching children is a tough job. Don't believe i could do it.

Paris Hilton does have a fan base. i don't understand it either, but then, i never understood what kept Madonna on stage thru the '80's, either.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #15
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Let's not confuse Madonna with Paris Hilton - Madonna has talent. She's an irreverent dingbat but she has talent.