The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-20-2001, 01:20 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

9/20: Lego Simpsons

Got a bunch of Legos around? Unemployed? You too can become a lego sculptor, and make a living by clicking together the little blocks.

http://www.ericharshbarger.com/lego/
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 01:45 PM   #2
leif
Confounded Conjuror

I miss lego's. If I ever end up with kids, they'll be provided with more legos than they'll know what to do with.

I've been impressed with the lego company too, just recently when following the Mindstorms Story on Slashdot.
For those who don't know: Lego is actually being friendly to the people writing open source hacks for the mindstorms robot. Pretty cool of them, imho.

When I was 10 I went to Denmark (the origin of both legos and my father) and got to checkout LegoLand there...

It's a cool place and I'd recomend it to any other lego fans who get the chance. I hear there's one in so. california now too, but its not as good. Oh well.
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 02:08 PM   #3
dave

eric harshbarger has done some *really* cool stuff with legos. i remember being in awe of the lego desk he did a few years ago. the mona lisa was also pretty slick. and he did one of tux too (!).

legos have always been one of the coolest toys for a developing mind. i remember when i was younger, having my little blue box that i'd unsnap and open up and just pull out all the blocks and build stuff for a few hours. wish i could do that again... wish i had the time...

i hope lego is still around when i have kids. it'll be one of the first toys they get
Old 09-20-2001, 06:44 PM   #4
Count Zero
Colloquialist

I used to build things up with lego, just so I could destroy it later. And then build again...

Pushing that Millhouse statue sideways and watch it break into a thousand pieces would be the utmost gratifying experience to me as a kid.
Count Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 05:55 PM   #5
dynamo
Paramour of Paradigm

I saw the desk too, I think it was a slashdot story. The faq is amazing, it's unbelievable how legos have taken over this guys life The Simpsons are perfect because the colors happen to be common lego colors (color is a problem when your buying in bulk, you gotta use all the yellow on something!).

The story of the desk is absolutely hilarious, apparently some guy was hired by some company, and as a perk, he insisted on a lego desk. Some months went by after the hire and he said, "hey guys, I wasn't kidding about the desk" so the company got this sculptor to make it.

here's the link that explains it better.
dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 06:33 PM   #6
jaguar
whig

*sighs at happy memories of playing with lego*
I still have BOXES of the stuff and about 20 guys on my desk i lpay with while i compile kernels =)